• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Matty vs. Barclaycard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matty vs. Barclaycard

Hi guys,

I've just received 6years worth of statements form Barclaycard (2003-2009).

Between 2003 -2006 they hit me with 20 charges for late payment and/or exceeding my agreed limit, £20 each totaling £400. Between 2006-2009 the charge was reduced to £12 (thanks OFT) but i still incurred another £326.

My question now is what should i demand back? Obviously i'd like the whole £726 but at the same time I'm off traveling soon and could really do with a cash boost so an early settlement would suit me. My current balance is -£250 if that makes any difference, my limit used to be £1,000 but after i made a £1,000 payment they reduced my limit to £270 so they obviously don't like me much as a customer... will they want to pay me off to get rid of me??

Any ideas please

Thanks,
    Matty

Re: Matty vs. Barclaycard

Have a read of this thread http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ad.php?t=17444

Claiming back Barclaycard charges within 2 weeks.

Tuttsi

Comment

Request the whole lot back. They will probably refund the difference down to £12 without a fuss. You can get the whole lot back but that would take at least a couple more letters and possibly filing at court. Depends how much time you've got and what you would be happy with. personally I'd go for the lot. Would probably take a couple of months start to finish, I would think. Intial refund in around 2 weeks. Read Tools thread and my thread in the Barclaycard forum for ideas.

They reduce credit limits if you pay off a large amount, they did it to us, paid off 3k, then they redcued the limit from 4.5k to £310!
      Is no longer here

Comment

cheers guys!

Comment

The quicker you get preliminary letter prepared and off to them the quicker you will get your money back.

Don't delay prelim today !!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Hey guys,

the letter went today (thanks to Tools). 14 days and counting... or maybe i'll give them 16 considering there's a postal strike due

Comment

Hi guys,

6 days and counting.

I didn't send my prelim letter recorded delivery and i'm now wondering if I should give Barclaycard a call to make sure they got it... a good idea or a bad idea? Would the people on the customer services line even know?

I want to try and get this sorted ASAP and don't really want to wait 14 days for them to tell me they never received the letter.

Cheers,
              M

Comment

HI A&I

In an ideal world your letter should be recorded on your file when they receive it and customer services should be able to see that it's been receieved - but we're talking Barclaycard here!

Postal strikes not withstanding they may or may not have got your letter, and B/C had never bothered to meet any deadlines I've ever set so I wouldn't hold your breath for that reply in 14days! In my opinion it wouldn't hurt to do a re-print and write on it in red "7 day reminder" - and send that recorded - that way they can't deny having received it and it might just keep them on their toes for a speedy reply.

all the best

Dizzy

Comment

Shocker! Barclaycard 'have no record' of my letter. 7 day reminder sent recorded delivery today.

Comment

Hi All,

We may have some developments here, my Barcalycard account is now in credit by £835.59... A difference of about £1,084 since yesterday...

Comment

Well done, you should shortly receive a letter from them too.

If the account is now in credit then ask them to send you a cheque for the amount less any interest that may be applied from the previous debit balance.
                      Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Nice windfall there then. Ring them and ask for a refund of the credit balance. They may send a cheque, or possibly zap it to your bank account, that's what MBNA did with us, not sure how Barclycard work. Either way worth having. Well done!
                        Is no longer here

Comment

just got the letter 'as a gesture of goodwill and without any admission of liability Barclaycard are prepared to credit you with £696.00 and £388.37 interest at contractual rate in full and final settlement of your claim. The refund will be reflected on your next statement'.

RESULT!!!!! in ten days
                          ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                          bank transfer en route. 3 working day apparently

you guys are ace
                          Last edited by Angry&Informed; 6th November 2009, 02:21:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Nice and speedy - very good news and well done.

23rd Oct you got your statements - full refund by what, 10th November once it hits your account....nice one. Yes you might have been able to fight on for a bit more interest etc, dont think i agree with their assessment of contractual interest, but you go with what suits you and I'm very pleased for you.

Its cases like this make me wonder why on earth people go to Claims Management Companies.

Enjoy your travels
                            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks for all your help and advice guys. I'm off to buy a netbook

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X