• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Jo Carey v RCI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jo Carey v RCI

rci had an agent to collect my car . no letter no phone call as they said they would. no 21 days . the agent told me the car had been reported as stolen to the police.i was blocked in on the pavement with his van with ,flashing lights all why im thinking how could this happen. how can they do it.
    the agent asked me to sign a form r.e the condition of the car
    and that was it.
    the car has not been reported stolen ive just found out today.
    can they do this
    and a very big hellooooo to you all

ok update time
    spoke to rci this morning,what a wast of time.wouldnt pass the caller over to a team leader. the man just told me car was gone with the private plate wich is my husbands,even when i told him i asked for 28 days to remove it. and i was informing them that id spoken to the police as they had taken the car and acted in a unlawful manner
    Last edited by jo carey; 5th March 2009, 12:19:PM. Reason: update

Re: rci scum

Can you clarify the status of your agreement.
    Were you in default or behind with payments?
    Have you received any corespondance from them?
    How much had you paid of the agrrement

And welcome to Beagles

PKea

Comment

thanks for the reply.
      i had missed 4 payments ,no default letter they said they had sent it.ibut never got it told them i live on park lane but there is 3 park lanes within 3miles of my home.and had rang them to inform them that there was a family problem.
      then i got a letter saying the agreement was over...
      so i rang to bring the acct up to date and to re inform them of my problems.and i was point blank told no .to make matters worse there is a private plate on the car wich my husband owns not me and that i needed 28 days to remove it.i was told to wait for a call. wich i never got. all this was last week
      then tuesday a man came told me the car had been repoted to the ploice as it stolen even when i told him i had 28 days, rang o.f.t today they will inform t.s and i will get acall.but within five working days.
      but ive been told they will hold the car untill tuesday then it will be sold.sorry all this is very long

Comment

Originally posted by jo carey View Post
        then tuesday a man came told me the car had been repoted to the ploice as it stolen
        Can you expand on this bit, as if its your car you know its not stolen?

Did he leave you any paperwork regarding himself / the vehicle

Also how much have you paid of the agreement, this is important
        oe £3000 of a £5000 agreement, as if you have paid a certain amount they have to go to court to get the vehicle

PKea

Thread moved to vehicle finance forum

Comment

Re: Jo Carey v RCI

ive had the car since last july.so still in its early days.the police told me the car has not been reported and it was a civil matter they were very understanding but couldnt help.o.f.t will take the matter on and i am waiting for a call from t.s. i ve sent letters y.day to rci and also anglia who had taken the car. i spoke to the third party y.day to inform them that my daughters d.s lite had been left in the car and a very costly pair of dior sunglasses. but i still had the other key. they said it was fine to swap the d.s .the agent had found it in the car. but no dior sunglasses.!!!!!!!:tinysmile_hmm_t2:
          hmmmmmm.bet his wife now has a pair of dior sunglasses.....very odd. i was then told by the same women that the car had gone to auction....
          i was told by the agent the car would be locked up fpr seven days wich would be nxt tuesday.when i told the women that no action could be taken for 28 days as per letter. she back tracked and said i didnt say the car was sold?
          as far as i know the car is not sold i think. and is locked up less than 7 miles away from my home.im to ring the agent today over the key/d.s swap and i will ask about my sunglasses
          Last edited by jo carey; 6th March 2009, 08:20:AM. Reason: updated

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X