• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Barclays cuts fees for overdrafts to £8 !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barclays cuts fees for overdrafts to £8 !!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/to...cle4023674.ece
    You can't scare me, I have children.

Re: Barclays cuts fees for overdrafts

Ha Ha Ha here we go !!!!!!

There is nothing wrong with our charges your honour, They are extremeley fair. They are fees for a service, a complete package of services bla bla bla bla

No no no Mr Judge they are not penalty charges !!!!

Oh look ! Aren't we good, we are going to dramatically reduce our charges.

What a load of c**p

Give us back the money you stole you T******g B******s

Plus compound interest as well.

We are gonna WIN WIN WIN ...... LOL LOL LOL

I smell a deal coming between the Banks and the OFT !!

Budgie

Comment

Dramatic About Turn As Barclays Cuts Overdraft Charges

Barclays is to "significantly reduce" its overdraft fees, in a move that could undermine industry claims over the "true cost" of bounced payments.From August 18 its customers will have to pay only £8 for a returned or guaranteed transaction.

More...

Comment

Re: Dramatic About Turn As Barclays Cuts Overdraft Charges

Blimey! Well that blows the £12 anticipated figure out of the water.
        "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

I think there is another article that needs to be read

Please can someone call Barclays and ask them about this account which slashes guaranteed transactions overlimit to £8.
          There is a cost for it as well and basic account customers lose any interest on their accounts.

Comment

Please read this article and if you bank with Barclays please give em a ring and see if you can find out 2 things;
            1) is the account "free" from the point of useage?
            2) have they got a leaflet that they could send to you(so we could all have a peruse of it)?

Comment

Well I don't understand this bit tbh
              " Barclays will launch two new fee-charging accounts today and seek to attract new customers by replacing its various charges for unauthorised overdrafts with a flat fee of £8 for every transaction"
              It's the "Every Transaction" that I don't understand, does that mean if you go O/D they will take £8 for everything that has happened on your account in the month you went O/D?

Comment

barclays slash overdraft charges

I have just heard on the news that Barclays are to reduce their overdraft charges to £8 from August. The other banks are expected to follow.

Comment

I think it is saying for a max of 5 items unless I have read it wrong enaid. Will need to look into this some more before I draw my own conclusion on this.

Customers who go beyond their personal reserve - or those, like students, who are not offered such a buffer - will have to pay £8 for each unauthorised transaction, up to a limit of five per day. This compares with the £35 plus 27.5 per cent interest Barclays charges at present.

Comment

Barclays Bank to cut overdraft charges

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...t-charges.html

Comment

Re: Barclays Bank to cut overdraft charges

http://money.aol.co.uk/money-news/ba...29000709990003

Comment

Read about it on the Barclays web site :-

http://www.personal.barclays.co.uk/B..._self&site=pfs

Comment

I can see a game of cat and mouse emerging. No sooner is there a legal judgment on the charges that have already changed to service fees since the test case announcement, they change them again to a ''Usage Fee'' which may well prompt another test case. This'll never end.

Comment

Dramatic About Turn As Barclays Cuts Overdraft Charges

Barclays is to "significantly reduce" its overdraft fees in a move that appears to undermine industry claims over the true cost of bounced payments.

More...

Comment

Dramatic U-Turn As Bank Cuts Charges

Barclays is to "significantly reduce" its overdraft fees in a move that appears to undermine industry claims over the true cost of bounced payments.

From August 18 its customers will have to pay only £8 for a returned or guaranteed transaction.
                              Present charges that can be as high as £35, which the banks have always maintained are fair.
                              Barclays will also replace unauthorised overdrafts with a "Personal Reserve" which users can access for a charge of £22.
                              Customers without this will see payments over an agreed limit bounced, but will still only have to pay the lower £8 charge.

Barclays says it has been able to reduce its charges as a result of breakthroughs in its handling systems, with a far greater automated service.
                              But the move is likely to be seized on by campaigners who say fees of up to £35 are exorbitant.
                              They claim they do not represent the actual cost to banks - which they believe could be as little as £2.50.

In April, the Office of Fair Trading won a High Court ruling over the issue, when a judge said fees were subject to "unfair contract" rules.
                              It paved the way for a further hearing to decide whether charges are unfair and, if so, what a fair charge should be.
                              Banks have since lodged an appeal over the High Court verdict.
                              The UK's other High Street banks are expected to follow Barclays and announce similar cuts in their overdraft fees.
                              But it is not all good news for Barclays' customers.
                              It is also scrapping interest on standard current accounts and interest on overdrafts is going up from 15.6% to 17.9%.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X