• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

phillips bailliff

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phillips bailliff

they have claimed a bailiff called to our door on 1st july 2011. we were in no one called now they are coming to take things. what can we do. we emailed today saying we needed bailiffs name who said he called here. didnt get name but was given a number help
    Tags: None

Re: phillips bailliff

Have you read this.........Bailiff Guide - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

You will need to say a bit more about the debt in which the Bailiffs came knocking ............... Council Tax? Parking? Driving?
    Last edited by Swingletree; 13th July 2011, 06:15:AM. Reason: Typo
    If you do what you always do, you will always get what you always get!

Comment

Hi,

You've posted this here: Types Of Bailiffs And Their Fees - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum as well. Best to keep it on one thread so things don't get confused. I posted a reply on the other one! You need to get a name or the court he was certificated in. They should give you this info. Have a read of my response!

Comment

sorry hun all they will tell me is that he is called agent 421. nothing more. No other information is needed. sorry to confuse everyone but I havent done this before.
        My hubby has paid a compensation claim - court ordered by Newcastle Crown court. I am on disability and hes my carer. We paid this every week as ordered. The dhss started paying us every 2 weeks so we paid double every 2 weeks. The company is charging us the administration costs for an early payment which they say is a missed payment - we paid 3 weeks payments to cover the bank holiday. Which paid the final crown court payment fully. Now they are saying agent 421 came to our door - he didnt - and now they will send a bailiff to collect their admin fees. wont tell us who agent 421 is.

Comment

real cloak and dagger stuff

Comment

We need more info on this. You probably discussed it in Chat last night before i joined in, so i missed it. Can you answer the questions below please.

What was the original debt for? Council tax? TV Licence? Parking fine?
            How much was the original debt, and was this the amount you paid to the Court?
            What exactly do you mean by a compensation claim - is this a CCJ (County Court Judgement)?
            Were bailiffs involved before it went to court? if so, had they visited you or gained entry into your house?

We need the answers to above before we can give further advice.

In the meantime, it's garbage for Phillips to refuse to give you the name of the bailiff.
            Write to them in no uncertain terms demanding a full breakdown of what the amount they allege is outstanding is for, and the name of the bailiff who allegedly visited you. For them simply to say "admin costs" is not enough, and they know it. However as long as they think they can bully you and pull the wool over your eyes, they will continue to do so.
            Is no longer here

Comment

The original moneys was for a compensation i had to pay,£1000 i payed a week early so this made the computer at the court payment system say i missed that weeks payment. so they asked philips to collect £40 but it was £20 the one i payed early.
              Philips want £115 for there admin fee
              the compensation was paid off 2 weeks ahead of schedule but they still want there fee.now they say its still part of they original compen fine so they can still try and use there warrant to get in the house.
              as i see it this money is for philips fee and they would have to take me to court to get it back so they have no reason or right to use the original warrant.
              they also say a bailif has been to the house but on the day in question me my wife and son were in the house till 17.20pm they claim he came at 14.50pm. They also will not give his name unless we write to the PO box address. Can we get recorded delivery to the PO box.

Comment

I'm sorry but I don't understand what a compensation claim is. Is there a CCJ or not?
                Is no longer here

Comment

compensation was being paid to a victim for a crime - we were paying compensation to a family member which was ordered by newcastle crown court. We paid with a payment card directly to the court. It was ordered in June 2010 at £20 per week which was paid avidly.

In november the dhss started to pay us every 2 weeks so we paid £40 every fortnight.

On May 28th a payment was due but with it being a bank holiday we paid early for that week.

The court computer did not recognise the early payment and on June 3rd sent to Philips and asked them to collect it.

the following week the court recognised they had been paid so then Philips said we owe £115 admin fee. Now it is a month later and they claim agent 421 called at our door so we now owe £275. No-one called as we were all in on that day.

thats as clear as we know it but I will appreciate any advice coz we heard last night a phone message left that it has been passed on for a bailiff to call and seize goods.

Comment

I would contact the court and ask for the figure outstanding on the account. If possible call in in person and get it in writing.

If what you say above is correct the balance should be zero, so if the bailiffs do come you can show them a copy (not the original in case they tear it up!) of the balance the court says is owing.

Bailiffs cannot collect on a zero balance as there's nothing to collect.

Comment

If I read this correctly, Philips are claiming the monies solely for their "admin fees" and are making sundry threats to levy distress as a means to reinforce their demands.

Comment

thats exactly they are threating us for their admin fees.

Comment

the admin fees are the only thing left - the court money has been paid in full - but they are using this original court debt as a way to get their fees.

Do their admin fees count as a new case. The basic letter we got says that the warrant of distress is for a magistrates fine. But the £1000 compensation ordered by Newcastle Crown court is over with and paid in full about 3 weeks early than expected.

I am worried coz I am disabled and my hubby is my carer and thay are threating to take our car - I need it to get from A to B.

Comment

Do you own the car or is it leased from Motability Finance?

As for the address to which you should send correspondence, it should be possible to get the Post Office to divulge the real address of the company or person renting that box; the Post Office will usually do that, as they're not like Monomark House or similar accommodation address businesses.

Alternatively, you could send the correspondence to the business address given for their last Consumer Consumer Credit Act licence - licence no. 0491286 - Telford House, Garden Street, Darlington, Co Durham, DL1 1QP

I wrote "last ... licence" because, according to the public register - link - that licence expired on 26 September 2010 and it seems that their licence renewal has been "pending" since 24 September 2010. I doubt that anyone has ever accused the Office of Faffing and Twaddling of acting in undue haste.

Their application bears another address for correspondence: Trinity Court, 1, Faverdale North, DARLINGTON, County Durham, DL3 0PH, United Kingdom

I hope this helps.
                            Last edited by CleverClogs; 14th July 2011, 18:13:PM.

Comment

They cannot take your car or anything else from you, they are just trying it on. Refer to my post #6, write to them telling them in no uncertain terms that you will be willing to pay any legitimate admin costs to them once you are in receipt of a breakdown of what these costs are for. Point out that the court fine is paid therefore your fine is paid in full and therefore they cannot use any warrant of distress or otherwise pertaining to the court fine to collect their fees.

Is your car a Motability car, or have exempt taxation? If so, they cannot take it anyway.

Draft out a letter and post it up here before sending it, and we'll have a look at it for you, if you like. Send the letter to the PO Box address, but send it recorde delivery. Also, scan it in and email a copy to them as well.
                              Is no longer here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X