• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Greetings....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings....

Hello everyone... I have joined the site in the hope that someone may be able to help me with a query that I have regarding 'Very' catalogue ppi, (called Extra Care Advantage) and if I am able to claim this back in the same way as I did against Barclaycard, Egg and the Halifax. Thanks in advance...
    Andy
    Tags: None

Re: Greetings....

Greetings Andy,

Welcome to Legal Beagles, yes the process for catalogues is much the same do you have all the statements detailing what you paid?

I would start by making a thread in the PPI forum as that is where you will target the best help.

Regards
    If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

Great news... thanks....
      I will have some statements, possibly going back 12-18 months, but we have had this catalogue for years.. is it still 6 years that we can claim for?

Comment

6YRS good heavens no you can claim back as far as you can proof so with that in mind it is SAR time to gather the information.

I would send of a subject access request for all the account history they hold including statements screenshots of account history etc do not tell then why you want this info as you are legally not required too.

A bit of work before you submit your claim can bring dividends.

I have claimed back as far as March 1999

Many companies try to use the 6 yr rule to us it is known as damage limitation.

But section 32 of the limitations act is very clear

32.--
        • (1) .... where in the case of any action for which a period of limitation is prescribed by this Act, either-
          • (a) the action is based upon the fraud of the defendant; or
          • (b) any fact relevant to the plaintiff's right of action has been deliberately concealed from him by the defendant; or
          • (c) the action is for relief from the consequences of a mistake;

the period of limitation shall not begin to run until the plaintiff has discovered the fraud, concealment or mistake (as the case may be) or could with reasonable diligence have discovered it....
        So in laymans terms the 6 yr rule applies to the linitations act i.e you have 6 yrs to make your claim, but and this is a big but the time does not start until you have discovered the mistake the financial mistake being that they missold you are worthless PPI policy.

They is no law that says how far you can claim back that is misconceived and helped by the financial industry.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1980/58
        Last edited by pompeyfaith; 16th March 2011, 19:14:PM.

sigpic

Comment

Hi Andy

Have asked Di30 to join you in your other thread--after shes had tea

Comment

Righty you have set up the other thread fantastic ill copy my post above over for you just to keep it all neat

sigpic

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X