• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

bailiffs wnat increase in ct payments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bailiffs wnat increase in ct payments

I'm behind with my council tax and am paying Jacobs. They have just written saying
    "We refer to your current arrngemnt to pay £xxxevery 31 days this arrangement has now been running for 3 months and in view of the limited amount time we have to collect payment in respect of this laibility order we now have to review this arangement .
    We are seeking for you to increase your current arrangement payments and ask you to contact us in 7 days to do so . If we do not hear from you we reserve the right to cancel your arrangemetn without further notice. If subsequently your arrangement is cancelled the enforce,emt baliff will attend to collect payment in full or remove goods please note this is likely to incurr fees of in ecxess of £90."

Myquestionsare as follows as follows,
    ! can they actually do this ? I would like ot get the council tax cleared and can offer them an increase .
    2 they came with two liability orders originally and levied on a ca . the first liability order is cleared butthe car is gone. dothey need to levy again ?
    3 I have two caravans in my front drive thes however are being used as dwellings can they levy on these and take them ?

:confused2:
    Tags: None

Re: bailiffs wnat increase in ct payments

Have they been inside your property and have you signed anything?

Comment

no never been into the property, signed a levy for the first liabiltiy order but that's paid nd the account closed moreover the car the levy was against was scrapped some months ago as it was a non runner

Comment

Ok, so are you wanting to know what fees you overpaid on the first liability order or are you happy to leave it how it is since it is paid?

The levy they did against your car was this for the first or the second liability order?

Comment

as far a i recall its for the first liability order. i need to lok at the levy sheet which i'll get to later
          The mostrecent one he turned up atthe door with a council official so everything was done absolutle correctly and said i' just this to the existing arrangement. he then gave a sheet stating that he had made a home visit and that the charge would be added to the total of my
          account . certainly i've on.y once signed a document and was in the bailiffs car .

Comment

just made my monthly payment and agreed an increase I want this out of the way . Mentioned that charge for debit card is illegal they say not as is additional service and payments can be made by cheque or PO for which they don't charge

Comment

Originally posted by seduraed View Post
              Mentioned that charge for debit card is illegal they say not as is additional service and payments can be made by cheque or PO for which they don't charge
              They are wrong, but it depends how serious you are about this as to how you proceed with it.

Comment

it rankles and i am beginning to get really annoyed with them not at all helpful and assume i am in the wrong. I think i feel a concern coming on .

Comment

actually been away for a couple days for a funeral (dear friend of OH) bu7t now i am returned and refreshed and i'm looking at the empty space in my display cabinets and thingking hat some bailiff scalps would just fill thespace LOL seriously i am willing to go o court with one .

Comment

Do you have a breakdown of the fees they have charged you?

If not, you should send them the Subject Access Request from the bailiff guide.

Comment

Thanks amy will do. As Remember I need to send it recorded delivery and with a cheque for a tenner Also necessary to include sentence re that money is to apystatutary fees and towards payment of he account .

Comment

No need for recorded delivery, it's a waste of money. Just get a Certificate of Posting from the Post office, this is free.

If you use the bailiff SAR it is clearly headed, so everything will be fine.

Comment

Thanks amy i found the copy ofthe walking possession order its got a reference number in the following form 12345/6 which refer to hte two consecutive liabiliy order s that thecouncil have. I habve since had a third. The fee charged says £65 for walking possession order.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X