• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Philips

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Philips

Hi,

I'd just like some advice regarding Philips Bailiffs fees please.

I had a Magistrates court fine for not having a TV License, to cut a very very long story short a Distress warrant was issued against me. This was passed to Philips, the fine has since been paid and there is no longer a distress warrant issued against me.

Philips are now chasing me for £205, this being according to the court will probably be for Philips charges. I have had a couple of letters from them, one which stated they had visited my premises, which they had not. They have now sent me a Pre-removal notice and I'm getting calls asking me to phone them urgently. I've phoned once and asked what exactly these charges are for. I was informed they are because I didn't have a TV license.

I phoned the court this morning and they assured me there is now no Distress warrant against me and legally I don't have to let Philips enter my property. My question is what rights do Philips have to reclaim the money they say I owe them. Can they for example take to me to court? I asked the lady at Philips I spoke to this morning to send me a breakdown of their charges, she just put the phone down on me and then straight away another message was sent to my phone asking me to contact them urgently.

Any assistance you can give me would be greatly appreciated.
    Tags: None

Re: Philips

Sorry to be a nuisance, but can anyone help me please?

My main concern is can Philips obtain a warrant to enter my premises and remove goods to cover the cost of their charges? I'm more than willing to pay reasonable charges, but when I asked for a breakdown (as I feel £205 is excessive for 2 letters) they just put the phone down on me.

Also, if they can obtain permission to enter my premises will I be informed by the court? I'm just concerned they will turn up and say they are legally entitled to entry.

Comment

How much "work" did Philips do?

Have a look here, in particular at the letter in post #11 bailiffs claiming fees on paid pcn - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum and adapt it for your own circumstances.

As to your concern, no they cannot.

Comment

Originally posted by Cetelco View Post
        How much "work" did Philips do?

Have a look here, in particular at the letter in post #11 bailiffs claiming fees on paid pcn - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum and adapt it for your own circumstances.

As to your concern, no they cannot.

Hi Cetelco,

Many thanks for your reply. As far as I am aware they have only sent me 2 letters, although in one it states that they have visited my premises. If they did they left no indication that they had been.

Thank you for the link, I'll take a look.

Thank you once again.

Comment

I've read the letter and I'll amend it to my circumstances and send it to Philips.

Out of interest, how do Bailiffs recoup their charges if someone refuses to pay them?

Comment

They go and prey on someone who'll give in more easily!

Comment

Originally posted by Caspar View Post
              They go and prey on someone who'll give in more easily!

Thanks for the reply Caspar.

They really are the lowest of the low.

Comment

Yep! They are. They do have a job to do to be fair, but that does not make them above the law as they seem to think, nor does it give them the right to lie, cheat and generally try and bully you into paying up!

Comment

Yep! They are. They do have a job to do to be fair, but that does not make them above the law as they seem to think, nor does it give them the right to lie, cheat and generally try and bully you into paying up!
                  Reading some of the things on this site that Bailiffs do makes me wonder how they get away with it. It beggars belief'

A big thank you to everyone on here for all the good work you do. You've totally kept me sane today for one and I now feel much stronger and determined not to fall for their bully boy tactics.

Comment

One of the main reasons I keep coming back to these sites and posting is seeing people who were extremely worried about something, gaining in confidence, taking control and ending up so much more confident. It's lovely to see that happening to people.

Comment

One of the main reasons I keep coming back to these sites and posting is seeing people who were extremely worried about something, gaining in confidence, taking control and ending up so much more confident. It's lovely to see that happening to people.

That must be very rewarding, only wish I knew enough to give something back.

No phone calls so far today but I expect they will start soon, or they'll be a knock on my door.

Comment

It's started, just had two automated messages in 10 minutes asking me to call them urgently.

Comment

Guess you spoke too soon then

Comment

Originally posted by ben13 View Post
                            Guess you spoke too soon then
                            Looks like it, but to be honest I was expecting it. I'm logging the times of calls I'm receiving and if they get too much I'll report them for harassment. Not sure who to report them to though, so if anyone could advise I'd be grateful.

Comment

take a look at this http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...91&postcount=2

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X