• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Now time for some fun

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now time for some fun

As the title suggests the boot is now on my foot, still getting threat letters from two dca's despite agreement being reached with the bank on missold ppi

I have settled for just under £9000 this includes clearing the current account too less bank charges of £360

So i am now going to charge them for every letter they send for my responce at £35 a time as it is clear they have not checked with the bank if there is a just dispute or indeed that it has been settled
    If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Tags: None

Re: Now time for some fun

PMSL make sure you let us see all copies of correspondence, this should be most entertaining.

Comment

Hi PF

Big congratulations on your PPI success!

I will subscribe to this so please let us know how you get on as I have been entertaining this idea myself for a while!

Good luck with this one!

Crispy

Comment

i will indeed also i dont phone as a rule but on this occasion i will make an exception and record it as they are bang out of order

Maybe i could play there game and tell them they aint getting a penny and if they want paying better start court proceedings as i will just tell the judge there is no debt and they had an oft duty to check before chasing or i could wait and see if it is passed to another dca lol what ever it will be fun and they will pay for there wrongful actions

sigpic

Comment

there latest mail arrived this morning it is dated 5th Jan and is a yellow post card from credit ancillary services a subsidary of equidebt ltd

sigpic

Comment

Am I allowed to post links to threads over the road. There's a long thread about people charging DCA's for their time with some success claimed. Apparently now moving towards suing for harrassment over breaches in the CCA.

Don't know whether I'm allowed to post the link or not so will await confirmation one way or the other.

Comment

Casper,

Its ok I know the thread you are on about and have used the info with success once before invoicing scotcall for £35
              Last edited by pompeyfaith; 7th January 2011, 21:01:PM.

sigpic

Comment

This is my letter to them

Equidebt Limited
                Credit Ancillary Services Ltd
                Equity House
                Ettington Road
                Wellesbourne
                Warwickshire
                CV35 9GA 7th January 2011

ACCOUNT IN DISPUTE AND VERY SORTLY TO BE SETTLED IN FULL

Dear Sir/Madam

Your Ref

Frankly I am surprised that I need to remind a firm of debt collectors about the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

I must admit that I am rather bemused as to why this account has been passed to yourselves, as it is in dispute with the Co-operative Bank PLC and has been since July 2007.

Not only is this a breach of OFT collection guidelines, but also in breach of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and Data Protection Act 1998

I made a complaint to my bank in July 2007 regarding 9 missold payment protection insurance policies since March 1996 and also another lot of bank charges totalling £360 which had been added since my last successful bank charges claim in 2006.

This now successful complaint was based on previous medical conditions namely an SAH Stroke I had in April 1991 this has left me with further complications both physical and mental as well as hypertension

Furthermore in march 2009 I was admitted to hospital with a heart attack this was a result of not only my hypertension but also the immense stress the bank and the various debt collectors put me under.

As a result of my medical conditions I do not work and am in receipt of DLA and IB

This complaint had been ongoing for a very considerable amount of time and the FOS where involved since December 2007 I have now reached an acceptable agreement on closure of this complaint which includes the settlement of my current loan in full and settlement on my current account which is the amount in full less the charges as stated above.

A copy of the bank letter which is accepting my proposal is attached.

This letter is dated November 2010 and I am bemused why you have failed to check if the complaint was disputed as per the OFT GUIDEANCE ON DEBT COLLECTION.

I am now in discussion with a solicitor as to what action I can take against the various debt collection agencies including yourselves.

I have every threatening letter that you have sent to us aswell as many others from other Debt Collection Companies and they make quiet a portfolio.

Im sure a Judge will be quiet bemused at the wild statements and threats they make my solicitor certainly was.

Lets be clear here not only did you do this during my complaint but also carried on after the complaint had been resolved to mine and the banks satisfaction.

You latest offering in the form of a yellow post card arrived through my door this morning.

Now I would respectfully suggest that this account is returned to the Co-operative Bank PLC for resolution of these defaults and breaches, as any new DCA cannot lawfully pursue any enforcement activities as there is NOTHING TO ENFORCE.

If you or any new DCA chooses to ignore my dispute and attempt enforcement, I will initiate legal action and file reports with the appropriate authorities, including, but not limited to, Trading Standards, Office of Fair Trading, Information Commissioners Office, Financial Ombudsman Service and possible Court Action.

I hope that this will not be necessary and I would appreciate your due diligence in this urgent matter.

I look forward to hearing from you in writing within 7 days with your full apology

Any further letters I have to deal with using my valuable time either from you or any other DCA I will invoice at a rate of £35 per letter and/or phone call

Should you have any difficulty with the contents of this letter I suggest you seek advice from your superiors

sigpic

Comment

I'm not sending you a Christmas card next year - you might charge me £35!

Comment

lol xmas cards accepted my friend btw ive got nothing against dca's if they act within the guidance laid down but I suppose that is too much to ask lol

sigpic

Comment

This is the bank offer that all this relates too:

sigpic

Comment

Well to be honest PF, I don't see why you can't just send them a letter without all the extra info, just saying "This debt is settled, here's a copy of the letter from the bank, you should have checked before chasing me, now sod off and don't bother me again"

And don't you also think it's the bank's responsibility to call off the DCAs?
                        Is no longer here

Comment

Hi Pompey

How can a letter dated 16th November,2010 refer to a letter received 6th Dec.,2010?

Just confirms I suppose that bankers do not live in the real world!

Comment

indeed they misprinted the date of my letter

sigpic

Comment

Bloody hell PF---how things change!

6 months ago you were despondent and had no confidence

Now you're pro-active and arsey

Well done mate!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X