• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Free FlexTel Accounts -vs- Harrassment Calls

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free FlexTel Accounts -vs- Harrassment Calls

I opened a free FlexTel account and was provided an 0871 number.

This free service automatically emails you the date, time and number that you have been called. It also plays back a voicemail message. So you have a record of any calls and messages that have been left. All free.

The biggest benefit is that you earn money on the calls

So I have given my 0871 number to the debt collection agencies, my banks, other creditors and anyone else who I don't care pays me for their call.

Here's the link.

http://www.flextel.com/
    Tags: None

Re: Free FlexTel Accounts -vs- Harrassment Calls

Weeeell, I had thought this would be a very useful solution to those DCA harrassment calls.

This service does work very well imo and you can even leave a personalised voicemail message so that it appears like a real phone number.

Its totally free and creates an automatic log of all those unwanted calls.

Do try it out. The more of us that register for the 0871 numbers the better as it will discourage DCAs from telephoning, as for them its a premium rate number.

Comment

Just sent them an e-mail to find out if this would work alongside a trueCall device. Will post when I get an answer.

Comment

Dear Caspar,

Thanks very much for your email regarding the use of our service in conjunction with a TrueCall screening device.

We have not tested this device out however, as our service handles the call very early in the network it should indeed allow you to use the features from each as you require. Once the TrueCall device has 'answered' the call it may prevent some of our more advanced features from being useful.

It certainly does look like it could offer enhanced features to our service.

If you decide to try it, we would be interested to know how you get on.

We hope the above has been helpful. If we can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.
        Kind regards
        FleXtel
        Tel: 0870 3210 100

Comment

have you emailed truecall to ask them as i would guess they would know ?
          If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

Not yet. Only got that one 15 minutes ago - give me chance! lol

Seriously I will do though as between them they could be very powerful. TBH I find trueCall does everything I want anyway!

Comment

Do you have to pay for TrueCall?

Comment

Originally posted by The Debt Star View Post
                Do you have to pay for TrueCall?
                Yes. They are very expensive (just over £100 with the recording facility) but what a superb piece of kit. It has two lists (holds 500 numbers on each) - one of people who just get straight through, one of people you don't want to get through (the zap list!) who get played a message telling them not to call again (your phone never rings) or as mine is set up they get the number disconnected tone. If the person phoning isn't on either list they have to give their name, then Truecall puts them on hold, tells you who's calling and you can decide to take the call, zap them or put the phone down and it takes a message.

Mine is also set up to record ALL phone calls - can hold 140 hours of recording VERY easily downloaded to your computer.

Best thing I've bought recently, but expensive. Already had DCA's writing to me telling me I can't use recordings in court without their permission - not true, can use them if the judge allows it. If you tell them they're being recorded you can use it as evidence anyway I think, but I don't tell them.

It means you only ever speak to people you want to, but have a record of every call whether they get through or not.

Comment

I tell them theyre being recorded even though theyre not. they soon change their tone!

QCK

:bedjump:

Comment

As I say, FlexTel is free and does earn you money from those pestering calls. But yeah, clearly a piece of hardware like you've bought is going to have superior features.

Comment

Have to say I've been amazed you haven't been thanked 1000 times for posting this. Maybe everyone has a truecall! For free this is a brilliant service.

Comment

Any danger of an 'idiots guide' please.

Comment

To the FlexTel account? lol. No. Thats one big draw back, their website isn't very user friendly imo.

Its a case of joining, choosing the 0871 number from a list of the available free numbers, downloading the vooicemail software etc.

Its been a fair few months since I signed up, sorry I can't be more helpful! BUT you can email them and they do respond very promptly with advice.
                          Last edited by The Debt Star; 13th January 2011, 13:24:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Caspar View Post
                            Have to say I've been amazed you haven't been thanked 1000 times for posting this. Maybe everyone has a truecall! For free this is a brilliant service.
                            Thanks Casper. Appreciated. Feel free to press the tab whenever you like!
                            Last edited by The Debt Star; 13th January 2011, 13:22:PM.

Comment

DS,

Believe you me, I wouldn't have said it if I didn't mean it. I am really surprised, though I suspect, having looked at it, the website puts people off rather than attracts them to the idea.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X