• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Moorcorft & ODraft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moorcorft & ODraft

Hi sent letter to bank .asking for F & F and showing hardship circumstances..bank did not respond...letter sent recorded.

also got a solicitors letter in respond to the following

I enclose copies of letters sent to your Client, which I am still waiting for a response to. As you all share the same office at Hove Park. Sending me a computer generated letter is not responding to my request in my letters.

I await your reply.

Solicitors replied saying no longer dealing with it....NEXT CAME the Moorcorft threat

What do I do next?
    :beagle:My debt help and support thread

Re: Moorcorft & ODraft

The DCA letter is full of the usual may and could rather than will. I'd fill in an IE sheet and send it with a sensible repayment plan offer. Send it recorded delivery and keep any responses - keep a file of the paper trail. They cannot get blood out of a stone!

I ginored debts with Lloyds bank for a greater amount than you owe and they have not added interest in the past three years - they just keep passing it from one DCA to another. Not saying this is the right thing to do - in fact I wish I hadn't, but that is what happened to me.

Comment

Oops..didnt understand the last comment on your post...

Did you say that you had ignored..debts from LTSB Bank and it just did the rounds of the DCA..

Is your advice to send I/E with a monthly offer direct to them?

Comment

How about, you tell me YOUR offer.
        Make sure you work your offer out properly, and if you get nowhere with them yourself id be happy to help. Normally Moorcroft are very flexible when you make it clear you know what your talking about, the court threat is just that at the moment, youll get another letter normally before they go to court.

At that point you could offer the court the same. This is assuming you want to pay of course.

When these accounts go to moorcroft doorstep agents the amount you pay is TOTALLY at the agents discretion. Minimum of £5 monthly by direct debit, cash collections depend on agents discretion.
        Last edited by Amethyst; 13th October 2010, 09:00:AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lowry123 View Post
          Oops..didnt understand the last comment on your post...

Did you say that you had ignored..debts from LTSB Bank and it just did the rounds of the DCA..

Is your advice to send I/E with a monthly offer direct to them?
          Yes - Lloyds have been very "good" to me.

Do an IE sheet and post it on here for us to look at. I did and was amazed how many things I'd omitted from it, hence my suggestion to put it on here first. If you use the template one on here it will automatically work out pro rata payments for you. Once you have that figure we can take it from there in terms of how you word the letter you send to accompany the IE sheet.

Probably worth contacting Moorcroft in the meantime to say they'll be hearing from you within x days time and would they please consider freezing interest for the moment due to severe hardship. They are one of the better DCA's to deal with.

Comment

I have to agree with Tommy, Moorcroft are very flexible. I am paying them a debt atm (nothing to do with banks or overdrafts). They have always been friendly and helpful when I've contacted them and not threatening in the slightest, although I let them know from early on that I knew what i was talking about and wouldn't be pressurised into anything.
            Is no longer here

Comment

Moorcroft paying via post office charge is £2.50 repayment of debt is £8.00

That means I need to pay £10.50 strange maths to me!

Comment

Can you do it at paypoint or at the bank ? I know I had a income support overpayment to repay and they wanted me to do it at the PO which would have cost £2.50, they didnt do paypoint, but I could go to HSBC and do it over the counter for nothing.
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

If you phone their collections team on 0161 475 2858 they'll tell you the best way to do it is over the phone by a card if you have one, otherwise they can send you out a paying in book and you can pay direct at any RBS branch free of charge.

Hope this helps!

David

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy View Post
                    How about, you tell me YOUR offer. .
                    Hey, I like that! Good approach.

Comment

Originally posted by The Debt Star View Post
                      Hey, I like that! Good approach.
                      It never hurts to offer minimal amounts, when the DCA rings the office, if the offer is not enough they will be told the lowest acceptable settlement.

Lowry, i replied to your other thread, £8 by card over the phone or setup a direct debit ( but check they dont change it), is the best answer to your PO charges

Comment

Easiest way is to set up a Standing Order from your bank account.

Get their payment and reference details and either go into bank or set it up online, doesnt cost you a penny then and they cannot vary it

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X