• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Money Claiming Experts & Client Connection ltd???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Money Claiming Experts & Client Connection ltd???

OK so im new here but have spent the past 3 hours going through your amazing site researching a Claims Management Company that cold called me today in pursuit of an up front payment of £299 to start the reclaiming of unfair PPI and other possible contract flaws etc. Their name was Money Claiming Experts CR16588 and they told me they got my number as its on a database for PPI holders or something like that.

At first the services they were offering seemed fair and the callers affirmation of the Ministry of Justice regulation even though overused did instill some trust, it wasnt until the price of £299 "entirely risk free as im covered by the 14 debit guarentee if making the payment from my debit or credit card" was asked for before he could send me out any paper work did the alarm bells go off.

I told him that i wast comfortable handing that sort of money over to a cold caller out of the blue an if he could call me back while i researched the company. He had no problem with this however again reminded me of the '14 day cooling off period' making this payment entirely risk free. I told him to call me back in 20mins and dutifully called back 20 mins later. By which time i had found this brilliant forum!

I was led here after checking the Authorised Business Database which says they have been trading since 2008 and are authorized however when searching customer reviews the subsequent names (CCR & Client Connection Ltd) led me here and to some former posts about the possible validity of this company and their financial promises. I told him to call me back tomorrow by which time i could have made an informed decision on his company. He again agreed.

Has anyone used Money Claiming Experts? DOes the association with the other company names as talked about in former posts mean i shouldn't go ahead with this company. Are any companies like this actually genuine? All replies will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Re: Money Claiming Experts & Client Connection ltd???

Hi and welcome to Legal Beagles.

I am pleased that you have found us - we are not flavour of the month with Cento Client Review, which Client Connection Ltd is the trading company. I have not heard of Money Claiming Experts until just now - thank you, very interesting, maybe they have started trading under a different name as the enquiries have dropped off over the last couple of weeks. This means that another company name to definately watch out for. When I googled it this was the only info I found
    Basic company details for MONEY CLAIMING EXPERTS LTD:

Registered no: 06984376
    Registered office: Princess House Princess Way
    Swansea
    West Glamorgan SA1 3LW
    Incorporated: 07 Aug 2009

So far not one person has to our knowledge been sucessful with this company or indeed many of the Claims Management Companies that are currently on the market.

Have a read of this article from the BBC - it is truely shocking that they have taken over a million pounds from poor unsuspecting folk who were told a good story and handed over their money only to have thrown more money down the drain.

The Ministry of Justice also take a rake off from companies who are authorised by them.

If you need any help with reclaiming PPI, then have a look in our PPI section http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...play.php?f=125 start a thread there and one of the members or team will help you.

Tuttsi

Debt sale firm hit by legal ban

A couple have been banned from running a "debt sale" business which took more than a million pounds in fees from clients.
    The injunction, imposed by Birmingham County Court, was granted after an investigation by Birmingham Trading Standards officers.
    The firm, Credit Card Killer, was run by Mr and Mrs Basil Rankine.
    They were accused of making misleading claims that people could legally escape their debts by selling them.
    The Rankines were accused of running an unfair commercial practice, specifically by suggesting that people could be free of their debts within two weeks, by "selling" them for just one pound.
    The couple also charged a percentage of the debt that had been supposedly offloaded.
    "The company's activities were causing significant detriment to vulnerable consumers," the Office of Fair Trading (OFT) said today.
    "It has been estimated that customers have paid over £1m in up front fees for a "service" which the OFT believes to be a scam."
    Warning
    The Office of Fair Trading, which welcomed the court order, first warned against this sort of business last July.
    It pinpointed an upsurge in adverts from claims and debt management companies, who had suggested that debts could be sold, and without the permission of the original lender.
    "You cannot simply sell on your debt and its liabilities, and businesses that make misleading claims to the contrary are just trying to take advantage of consumers' distress," the OFT said at the time.
    The regulator pointed out today that anyone who "sold" their debt to a firm such as Credit Card Killer ran the risk that they would still have to repay their lender.
    They might also lose the fee they had paid the Rankines, would face action by debt collectors acting on behalf of their original lender, and might also ruin their credit rating.
    Legal challenges
    The Rankines first sprang to prominence in 2008 when challenging the enforceability of their own debts using the Consumer Credit Act.
    Although only partly successful, their activities spearheaded an upsurge in legal attacks on the enforceability of credit card and other loans.
    The couple's actions laid the foundation for the rapid spread of claims management businesses, advertising in newspapers and on the internet.
    Typically these firms made exaggerated claims that they had a high chance of writing off people's debts by challenging them under the strict terms of consumer laws.
    Credit Card Killer had its own licence to trade as a claims management company cancelled in July 2009. The court order against the firm's activities as a "debt sale" firm lasts initially for one year, until 21 April 2011.

Story from BBC NEWS:
    BBC News - Debt sale firm hit by legal ban

Published: 2010/04/26 18:03:36 GMT

© BBC MMX

Comment

Hi, new member here. I just found this site as I was trying to find out a bit more about Money Claiming Experts.

I received a cold call last night from a guy who said I had been missold PPI on my credit card and was entitled to £3000. I was dubious, since I'm pretty certain I've never had any PPI and since I was in the middle of my dinner I asked him to call me back this evening.

Having read about the other names this company has traded under, I don't think I'll be talking to him this evening!

Can't help wondering where he got my name, address and mobile number though.

Comment

Hi and welcome to Legal Beagles.

They are not privvy to your personal information from any PPI register or anywhere else, they have probably bought some data from somewhere, where you applied maybe for a loan as they did with me. They even told me the FSA gave them my number, this again was definately not true I have to say. They then told me I have £3k to come back from a mortgage where I was mis-sold PPI. Again this was not true as I did not take PPI on this mortgage.

If they spew you enough waffle you might believe them and take up their service. Again, it is your choice but from experience everything they can do you can do yourself for free using this site or others like us as a tool to help you reclaim if you have been mis-sold a PPI policy.

If you need any help just post in the relevant section and one of the members or team will help.

Tuttsi

Comment

well to be honest i think your all wrong. I had a cold call from money claiming experts a good few months ago now and i have had great success. The 299 fee seemed reasonable to me as i could send off as many agreements as i wanted to be checked out and so could everyone in y household. The advisors were very helpful and friendly. I would recommend this to anyone! I have been updated by the solicitors so they always let you know what is happening. I am expecting a lot of money back and if it wasnt for taking that cold call i'd still be paying for something i didnt know was there! Also thye dont only deal with PPI they look for all sorts of claims and if you are not successful in these then you get a full refund of your money. There really is nothing to loose just 15 minutes of your time on the telephone. Give them a chance!!

Comment

Thank you Poppy for posting up your experiences with this company we are truely delighted that you are receiving a great rapour from this company.

I take it that you have already received a payout on your one or more of your claims??

I will advise that if it is credit cards many of our members have had FULL refunds in as little time as 9 days and they have got to keep all the money and not share it with the CMC.

Can you please explain exactly what they are doing for you that you are so happy about??

We have posters here on these forums who have not had the feedback that you say you have and have had or any money back or any updates. This company was previously know as Cento Client Review and there are threads on this site and on other forums where there are many disgruntled people who have parted with large sums of money and have had no success.

Tuttsi

Originally posted by poppy91 View Post
            well to be honest i think your all wrong. I had a cold call from money claiming experts a good few months ago now and i have had great success. The 299 fee seemed reasonable to me as i could send off as many agreements as i wanted to be checked out and so could everyone in y household. The advisors were very helpful and friendly. I would recommend this to anyone! I have been updated by the solicitors so they always let you know what is happening. I am expecting a lot of money back and if it wasnt for taking that cold call i'd still be paying for something i didnt know was there! Also thye dont only deal with PPI they look for all sorts of claims and if you are not successful in these then you get a full refund of your money. There really is nothing to loose just 15 minutes of your time on the telephone. Give them a chance!!

Comment

Another Claims company based in Swansea ?

Is it coincidence that so many of these companies seemed to be based in Swansea ? I am beginning to think not.

I don't like seeing my home City dragged through the mud by companies like these. If this lot turn out to be yet another of the dubious type then I think I shall start harassing my local MP and Swansea Trading Standards about why such companies are being allowed to set up here.

Tutts - I know that address and know exactly where that building is in the City. Might have a closer look next time I am in Town if you are interested in what sort of operation they are (i.e. do they simply have a 6x4 office there lol)

Comment

Hi Jester

This is exactly the same company has cento Client Review they changed their name as it was to similar to Cartel Client Review and their authorisation is suspended. They have now changed it to Money Claiming Experts which is similar now to Money Saving Experts - Martin Lewis's site.

So I believe that this is the same building where you visited last time?

Tutts xx

Originally posted by Jester View Post
                Another Claims company based in Swansea ?

Is it coincidence that so many of these companies seemed to be based in Swansea ? I am beginning to think not.

I don't like seeing my home City dragged through the mud by companies like these. If this lot turn out to be yet another of the dubious type then I think I shall start harassing my local MP and Swansea Trading Standards about why such companies are being allowed to set up here.

Tutts - I know that address and know exactly where that building is in the City. Might have a closer look next time I am in Town if you are interested in what sort of operation they are (i.e. do they simply have a 6x4 office there lol)

Comment

No. Building I visited last time was half-mile up the road from where I live. The address you gave above is smack in the centre of Swansea City. Princess Way is the road that has just been considerably redeveloped over the last year with lots of shops, a mall, apartments and offices !!

Comment

I think you will find that is the registered office address.

Comment

hi, new member. i have been following this forum since first being cold called by ccr claims in february and going to MOJ website, obviously with great concern, especially when their paperwork says my claim could take up to 12 months. by the time i had realised what i had done it was too late to cancel, my "14 days cooling off period" had expiredand i couldnt get my money back. so i filled in the form to claim on my credit card anyway and hoped for the best, id rather not disclose how much debt i have with who. i had a call shortly after posting my documents back asking me for a £10 cheque so ccr could get my credit agreement from my credit card company. i then heard nothing for nearly 2 months, naturally fearing the worst.

to my surprise though, after about 10 weeks, i got a letter directly from my credit card company with an offer of over £2000 for the ppi i had paid up to that point. i was told by ccr that my claim would have to be over £2500 originally or it wouldnt go through but it was just under this, all the same i was happy to receive this amount. i called ccr to ask their advice and if i should accept the payment directly from them, they referred me too call a company called legal redress who they had passed my claim too, they told me to accept the offer and they then sent me an invoice for their 30% fee.

i am now fully settled and in less time than i expected, although it was for less money than i expected. i cannot say that it has been a bad experience but i do feel slightly misled about figures. i do however think i am in the minority of people, not who have had a successful claim but, who have had success and would then bother to post their comments about their experience. i think people find far more pleasure in complaining about a company before experiencing their service than in praising a company after they have helped them. i mean you dont see a programme on tv that is the opposite of watchdog, consumer information on the BEST companies in the uk that are exceeding customers expectations, do you? unfortunatley we are a nation of moaners and i think most of the posters on here confirm that.

Comment

Well it is nice to see a satisfied customer and yes I think you are right in the fact we don't congratulate good service as much as we should.
                        'A nation of moaners' I really think having read a lot of what goes on in peoples lives financially and emotionally on this and other forums I think we do not moan enough. There is nothing wrong in complaining about poor service or produce imho, in fact the company I work for would prefer a complaint that can be completely rectified and leave the customer satisfied and willing to return, than to have the customer leave unhappily vowing never to step foot in the place again.
                        I see nothing unreasonable in that policy and I think more companies should follow suit, starting at the bottom with basic customer service training which seems to have vanished completely in some companies. If it takes a nation of moaners to achieve this then I for one am all for it.

Comment

i think the easiest way to stop people complaining or moaning about being ripped off or misled after being cold called is simple, never ever give out your credit card details out over the phone to a cold caller. if you want a product or service you will actively look for a company that can supply you with it, cold callers are trying to sell you something you never really wanted.

i was very niave when i gave ccr claims my card details because they talked a good talk and enticed me in with no risk promises, i got lucky that it wasnt a complete con. there are lots of companies out there that are illegitimate that will happily take your money and run, we shouldnt complain about our own stupidity in trusting cold callers with our card details. what are we taught in school from a young age to do when being pressured into something we really dont want to do? "just say no!"

Comment

Hi Ronaldo

I am extremely delighted that you have received a payout from this company and wish more people would come forward and advise of their successes.

Why do you think the your payout was only £2k and not £2.5k as you originally thought?

However, you could have achieved this through the Financial Onbudsman and it would not have cost you a single penny and you paid 30% in their fees.

Tuttsi

Comment

hi tuttsi. i was aware that i could have done it myself but not until after i had taken the service with ccr. then again i wouldnt have known anything about it unless i received their cold call and would probably still be paying my PPI now so it works both ways. i suppose 70% of something is better than 100% of nothing.

the reason i thought it would be over £2.5k is because they stated on the sales call that the solicitors wouldnt persue a claim if the payout was less than that and i would just get refunded my fee, think it was just part of their sales pitch.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X