• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

over payment of housing benifit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• over payment of housing benifit

HI to everyone, I have a bill for over payment of housing benifit going back 12years £4600. im on jobseekers and get £96.10 per fortnight. Never been charged or to court or interviewed. Cant get legal aid because of this or until I do.

what is the situation here so i can get a hearing and is there a spent limitation on this. HELP PLEASE:cry:

Re: over payment of housing benifit

12 years blimey.

how did the overpayment occur ? Are the figures correct ?

how have they informed you and what have the council said about repayment ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I recieved a reminder letter from them. said (note that the invoice detailed below has not been paid ,balance due £4,679.49 and if i have paid in the last few days.........pay in full in the next 14days.........then about credit rating being affected.
      ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
      i dont know where they got there figures from.This was set off when they said i owed council tax for a month. I showed I was claiming they said not, job centre said they didnt know take i up with them, no one would listen so I thought the courts would. Now I have to pay legal fees on top of the bill. Turns out claim was ok but i had not had any money paid till past that date, so had to pay myself. Then this HELP PLEASE.
      SORRY forgot now I am being deducted £3.50 / wk to pay off bill and costs
      Last edited by alroh57; 11th March 2010, 19:19:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

well, I think we would need a bit more info, like a timeline of exactly what hhappened, what correspondence you had, from whom, when etc.

You need to estabilish if the figure is right.

But in the meantime, if they are deducting 3.50 a week, to pay off the arrears, then why is there going to be a CCJ and why are tey taking you to court?
        Is no longer here

Comment

I know how they arrived at this figure only guess that they think they know. I have worked constantly as self employed for the last 12 years so they say it is before that time.

The end of FEB last year i signed on didnt get any money for 4months or so. As I had a claim but was not in reciept of any money means I owe for council tax tax. I owed £100 or so for that month. Long storyshort ..... no one would listen went to court and have to pay £150 including costs........ The following week they checked their records and this comes to light 12 years previous. hope this sheds some light on the £3.50/week
          As I understand as I am unemployed they can take from my benifit what they like and no one will stop them as I havent been interviewed or charged with anything .Cant get legal aid because I fall between a rock and a hard place. Surly this should hve expired by now as i havent had any letters from them. They say I made a payment in07 but was hard at work long hours and miles of motorway every day so i might of. Hope you have some ideas.
          Last edited by alroh57; 13th March 2010, 10:22:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X