• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

ROBERTSON HOLBROOK - Failure to settle Customer Claims

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ROBERTSON HOLBROOK - Failure to settle Customer Claims

It has come to my attention that claims Management Company Robertson Holbrook have been retaining settlement payments made to them by a credit card company and have not used those payments for settlement of Customer's claims.

I have started this thread as a warning to anyone who might currently be using Robertson Holbrook for claims management or might be considering using them in the future.

I am currently in the process of attempting to assist three RH Customers secure settlement payments which have been outstanding for six months ( after RH received the settlement monies from the credit card company ) and my personal advice is

AVOID USING ROBERTSON HOLBROOK

DO NOT USE ROBERTSON HOLBROOK

IF YOU HAVE A CONTRACT WITH ROBERTSON HOLBROOK THEN CANCEL IT WITHOUT FURTHER DELAY

Please post on this thread if you have experienced or are experienced problems with Robertson Holbrook and I will try to assist in resolving matters.

A template letter to send to Robertson Holbrook cancelling your contract will be posted up shortly together with a template letter for sending to your bank or credit card company advising them of the termination of the Robertson Holbrook agreement.

If you have an outstanding settlement due from Robertson Holbrook then I recommend sending them a letter before action immediately. A draft version will be posted up shortly for you to adapt for use in your own situation.

IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU DO NOT LET THIS MATTER REST.

IF YOU HAVE A CONTRACT WITH ROBERTSON HOLBROOK THEN CANCEL IT NOW !!!

THERE IS NO NEED WHATSOVER TO USE CLAIMS MANAGEMENT FIRMS LIKE ROBERTSON HOLBROOK.
    LEGAL BEAGLES CAN PROVIDE ALL THE EXPERT ASSISTANCE YOU NEED TO HANDLE YOUR CLAIM AND DOES THIS FREE OF ANY CHARGE

Re: ROBERTSON HOLBROOK - Failure to settle Customer Claims

There looks to be a few OTR that have also been conned by RH http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...-holbrook.html

Tuttsi

Comment

Link to Money Saving Expert thread for reference

Robertson bl**dy Holbrook! - Page 6 - MoneySavingExpert.com Forums

Anyone with a user account on CAG or on any other consumer website please feel free to duplicate my original post, it's important to publicise this issue as widely as possible.
      If you do post on another site please provide a link back to this thread but also provide a reciprocal link to the thread on the other site via a post on this thread.
      That way we can try to keep site teams happy on other sites and also try to keep track of any other unhappy RH clients on other sites.

Thanks Budgie
      Last edited by Budgie; 14th January 2010, 14:32:PM.

Comment

Email sent to Wendy Starr at Capital One today.

Dear Wendy,

In confirmation of my telephone conversation with you this morning and previously with Adam Berman.

It has come to my attention via the various Consumer websites with which I am associated ( www.legalbeagles.info and www.moneysavingexpert.com ) that the claims management company, Robertson Holbrook, have been retaining settlement payments made to them by Capital One and not using those payments for settlement of Customers claims.

I am aware of three individuals at the moment, however I am certain that this situation is likely to be considerably more widespread.

I would appreciate any assistance that you can provide in resolving this issue, in particular for the three Customers listed below, but also to avoid similar situations developing for other Customers of Capital One in the future.

The manner in which Robertson Holbrook are failing to respond to my and the individual Customers requests for information and payment of settlement monies together with the continual stream of lies and misinformation that Robertson Holbrook are disseminating make it perfectly obvious that they have no intention whatsoever of making settlement payments.

It has been suggested that the three individual Customers submit LBA's to Robertson Holbrook, without further delay, so that this matter may be resolved via the Courts if necessary.

I would also suggest that Capital One cease making any settlement payments via Robertson Holbrook for any other Customers until this matter is resolved.

The three cases currently known are as follows :-

1) Yan79 ( personal details provided to Cap One )
        2) Gills 1970 ( personal details provided to Cap One )
        3) fed up of rh ( I still need your personal details fed up )

Thank you in advance for any assistance you are able to provide in resolving this matter.

Will keep you posted when reply received.

Comment

Not sure if this is of help, there is something called an Order 14 Judgement where the money RH bank account can be frozer by the courts.

Comment

Hiya Budgie

Is there any developments with RH?

Tuttsi

Comment

I had several claims against 7 banks and credit card co.s 3 years ago totalling approx £5000.
              I had started claiming charges myself however due to work commitments I handed all over to Robertson Holbrook on no win no fee basis at in July 2007.
              From reading various threads it is now clear why during the last years their customer service has been quite poor.
              I must admit that at the start they did get a result with some of the smaller claims.
              Havent heard anything from them since beginning of 2008 as far as I can see or remember. I have managed to keep quite good records.
              I have hesitated to do anything partly because of the main court case freeze. Although did consider cancelling with RH but was worried they might be able to claim their costs from me.
              They have attempted this already which was the last I heard from them.
              Last thing I requested was breakdown of situation with all claims, I have no idea what has happened to date.
              I am concerned these guys have pocketed any refunds.
              Please advise what I should do now.
              Where do I find letters to cancel the contract and contact my banks.
              Apologies if the letters are not ready yet I just got it into my head tonight to get on with this.

Comment

Hello def8 and welcome to Beagles.
                I am not the one who can help with your situation, I am just posting to let you know this will be looked at and any help you need I am sure you will receive.
                I am sure you have read this thread so you will know the matter is still very much ongoing. Please even though you may not receive the help you need immediately don't think you are being ignored.
                Hope this helps for now Enaid x

Comment

Hi Def,

If you know which companies you are still expecting to receive money from, can you please call them as soon as possible to find out if a settlement has been made ro RH and date of payment and the amount. Please let us know how you get on.

We can then advise further once the above is known.

Tuttsi

Originally posted by def8 View Post
                  I had several claims against 7 banks and credit card co.s 3 years ago totalling approx £5000.
                  I had started claiming charges myself however due to work commitments I handed all over to Robertson Holbrook on no win no fee basis at in July 2007.
                  From reading various threads it is now clear why during the last years their customer service has been quite poor.
                  I must admit that at the start they did get a result with some of the smaller claims.
                  Havent heard anything from them since beginning of 2008 as far as I can see or remember. I have managed to keep quite good records.
                  I have hesitated to do anything partly because of the main court case freeze. Although did consider cancelling with RH but was worried they might be able to claim their costs from me.
                  They have attempted this already which was the last I heard from them.
                  Last thing I requested was breakdown of situation with all claims, I have no idea what has happened to date.
                  I am concerned these guys have pocketed any refunds.
                  Please advise what I should do now.
                  Where do I find letters to cancel the contract and contact my banks.
                  Apologies if the letters are not ready yet I just got it into my head tonight to get on with this.

Comment

Hi.

I was promised my money again last week! Guess what? still no money!

I've reported the lying, fraudulent scum to the Ministry of Justice, the Financial Obudsman, Watchdog and several newspapers.

Yan

Comment

have u put the claim in?
                      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi Yan

What about TV... maybe Amethyst, Budgie or Tools will have a contact and number for you to call?

Your case has alerted me to all the other Claims Management Companies who have not YET made any payments at all to the many thousands of peeps and have also taken up front fees an in some cases quite high fees. I am advising all peeps to contact their Credit Card providers for a start to see if any refunds have been made directly to the CMC after following the disgraceful actions and attidutude of RH.

Can you please confirm if you have put your claim in yet????

Tuttsi

Originally posted by yan79 View Post
                        Hi.

I was promised my money again last week! Guess what? still no money!

I've reported the lying, fraudulent scum to the Ministry of Justice, the Financial Obudsman, Watchdog and several newspapers.

Yan

Comment

Claim form is filled in and ready to go. Just waiting for some money to be able to afford it. This wedding is draining me

Yan

Comment

lol thats just the start
                            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I wondered if everybody else could report their case to Watchdog. I've been told that they won't investigate one complaint but will if there's a number of complaints.

Also a friend of mine just mentioned that because the payment showed up in my Capital One account and then was paid out to RH by chq I might have a case there as I didn't authorize Cap1 to take any payments from my account!??

Yan

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X