• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Crystal Debt Advisory

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crystal Debt Advisory

Mr T received a call this afternoon from a company called CRYSTAL DEBT ADVISORY from telephone number 08448 466519.

They asked for him by name and told him that they had got his number from the comercially available data base in the market. They continued to tell him in broken english that he could clear off all his unsecured debts through a UK government programe which they could arrange. He tried to call them back on the number which they called from and it was a forreign ring tone and the person answered just answered hello..... He also checked on Google and they do not even have a web site.

Ok - I have now checked this company on the Ministry of Justice web site and they do not appear to be authorised as a Claims Management Company.

Should anyone receive a call from this company please can they report it here and do not give them any personal information whatsoever.

Tuttsi

Re: Crystal Debt Advisory

You want to check the Consumer Credit Licence as they sound like an IVA seller rather than a CMC.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Is there a site to check this?

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
      You want to check the Consumer Credit Licence as they sound like an IVA seller rather than a CMC.

Comment

Yes, they are IVA practitioners.

I called them up. Several times. Yes, hight priced phone number, but it was worth it just to tell them I was only calling to waste their time.

I have now signed up to several sites that require personal details. Unfortunately, the guy below rather seems to think his business qualifies as using a personal website, so no phone number to be had there.

Still...

Domain name:
        iva.co.uk

Registrant:
        William Berry

Registrant type:
        UK Individual

Registrant's address:
        Berkeley street
        London
        W1J 8EA
        United Kingdom

Registrar:
        Netcetera Ltd [Tag = NETC]
        URL: Netcetera - Managed Hosting and Datacentre Provider

Relevant dates:
        Registered on: 20-Apr-1998
        Renewal date: 20-Apr-2010
        Last updated: 14-Mar-2009

Registration status:
        Registered until renewal date.

Name servers:
        ns1.nameservers.co.uk 81.27.104.45
        ns2.nameservers.co.uk 81.27.108.123

WHOIS lookup made at 19:12:10 17-Dec-2009

--
        This WHOIS information is provided for free by Nominet UK the central registry
        for .uk domain names. This information and the .uk WHOIS are:

Copyright Nominet UK 1996 - 2009.

You may not access the .uk WHOIS or use any data from it except as permitted
        by the terms of use available in full at URL Redirect, which
        includes restrictions on: (A) use of the data for advertising, or its
        repackaging, recompilation, redistribution or reuse (B) obscuring, removing
        or hiding any or all of this notice and (C) exceeding query rate or volume
        limits. The data is provided on an 'as-is' basis and may lag behind the
        register. Access may be withdrawn or restricted at any time.
        My Blog
        http://cabotfanclub.wordpress.com

Comment

Public Register
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Just got a missed call from them, unwittingly called back to get the "Broken english" guy saying "Err.. Hello? oh, sorry.. my name is Dave and this is Crystal Advisory" and went into asking personal details.

When I asked him about his companies position witht he OFT and ministry of Justice, he kept saying "oh, we have a website".. "oh, we're legitimate". Eventually terminated the call.

Gutted if its an internatinoal number I've paid full rate for tho.

Comment

No - I could not find them on the register.

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
              ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
              We will have to keep our beady eyes on this lot.

Just found this http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/08448466519

Having read some of the threads on who calls me this address has been linked with this company and I really think that it could be a identity scam, so for saftey sake BEWARE.

The Offices, Woodcroft Farm, Folkes Lane
              Upminster
              Essex
              RM14 1TH

Originally posted by Apexilon View Post
              Just got a missed call from them, unwittingly called back to get the "Broken english" guy saying "Err.. Hello? oh, sorry.. my name is Dave and this is Crystal Advisory" and went into asking personal details.

When I asked him about his companies position witht he OFT and ministry of Justice, he kept saying "oh, we have a website".. "oh, we're legitimate". Eventually terminated the call.

Gutted if its an internatinoal number I've paid full rate for tho.
              Last edited by TUTTSI; 17th December 2009, 20:24:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

The Offices, Woodcroft Farm, Folkes Lane
                Upminster
                Essex
                RM14 1TH

Comment

I'm not sure if these are connected but worth keeping an eye on

Office in Leicester, use a this number too 08448466519.

Fax no: 01277 202012 email addy: accounts@crystalcollections.com

Main Director: Mr David Hope

Comment

Crystal Debt advisory are linked to

CHURCHWOOD FINANCE based in STOCKPORT

0800 280 051

If you call this number they will tell Crystal Debt to stop calling apparently

Comment

ahhhhhhhhhhhh Churchwood, theres another thread around about Churchwood.
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

Basically, why would anybody discuss their personal and financial affairs over the phone to anybody?

Cold Calling - the Scammers Playground.
                        My Blog
                        http://cabotfanclub.wordpress.com

Comment

Well apparently this lot have no morals at all, go into http://www.whocallsme and put in the number and read the thread, the Indian call centre staff are not beyond swearing and abusing people, and calling at 1.30 AM.
                          Now if I didn't know better I'd say they had been taking lessons from that other famous shower of sh 't GoDebt.

Anyway tomorrow I'll do a telesales call on their Upminster number and see what I can find out from them.

Comment

Pull the other one - more like they will get all your personal details from you and update their data base, ready for more rounds of unwanted calls. I would not call them as that could be very dodgy.

It seems that some peeps are getting called through the night. What a senseless organisation to call people in the middle of the night. This is not the normal time to do business.

Originally posted by sapphire View Post
                            Crystal Debt advisory are linked to

CHURCHWOOD FINANCE based in STOCKPORT

0800 280 051

If you call this number they will tell Crystal Debt to stop calling apparently

Comment

Well I've called them (withheld the number of course) :okay: after I gave her the old telesales spiel, the lady was very helpful, she said they are a Debt Recovery Agency for major companies (no names given) and that they use couriers for sending Keys and Personal effects ie Jewellery, Log books etc to various places in the UK and Europe.

I also found out the Managers name there is a TINA CHOWN.

I then asked if they sent stuff to India and she said that they employ collections agents out there who work to their own rules whatever that means.

Didn't get much else.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X