• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Halifax credit card in dispute - swiped £360 out of current account

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halifax credit card in dispute - swiped £360 out of current account

Disputed my Halifax credit card this time last year because did not comply to my CCA request it was then sent from Pillar to post between debt collectors, but the upshot is that the have swiped £360 out of my current account with them - stupidly I transfred money in there to pay mortgage and council tax arrears while I am waiting for a new account to be opened elsewhere - haven't used this account for years by the way and they've took £100 on the 5th and another £260 today, I know they can offset but I was told by their collections team that was not a policy of theirs anymore and as we are on repayment plans with them for our other credit card and overdraft accounts they are aware of our financial situation.

Im going to speak to their Customer Relations Dept, to try and get it back as this money was meant for Priority debts, the cheeky b*stards.....

Any advice on what I should say or how to go about it?

Re: Halifax credit card in dispute - swiped £360 out of current account

The right you refer to is called "set off" and if it is no longer their policy, why have they done it to you on this occasion?

With regard to advice; Do not telephone them. Not now and not ever. You will never, ever get to speak to anyone with the authority to refund you any money. If you wish to contact them, write to them.

Comment

I rang the customer relations dept to complain (before anyone responded to me) they said that they only get involved wit bank accounts and because it's for a credit card they couldn't get the money back for me????? They did however try to sort it out with the credit card dept but because my account has been passed to Blair, Oliver Scott they no longer were dealing with it either and suggested I ring them directly.

With regard to Blair Oliver Scott I wrote to them months ago with a 'I do not acknowledge any debt to your company prove it letter' to which I got no response, but then got passed to Moorcroft debt collectors who I also sent the same letter too and it had gone quiet for a couple of months, still no CCA seen. I can write but what do I say? If I am financial difficulty and on payment plans for our other accounts with them, can I get this money back??? In theory they have not proved this debt yet swiped the money. I know about offsetting, but because they are aware of our situation with us with our other acccounts have not taken money from my husbands account and have been quite fair about the overdraft and other credit card repayments. Who can I complain to, would the police or FSA/Financial Ombudsman help if I can prove this money was meant for priority debts????

Comment

I had a same thing happen some years ago, money was taken from a current account to pay a loan account in arrears. I phoned and explained that money was crucil in my current account to pay a trades man (I think i may have even written a cheque to the builder in those days), that I would not get my bathroom finished if this money was not paid and my family would have to move out. Yeh i know my violin was crying too...but the money was put back in on the understanding i paid "what I could" off the loan arrears (What i could was about £1 !).

Well worth a phone call, and consider getting a parachute account (if you can) to avoid this type of action until you can resolve your charges.

Good luck.
        The charges coming in to the banking industry every day will more than pay the banks total legal bill for the whole test case so why wouldn’t the Banks want to "ensure Justice at the highest level"

Comment

Thanks for the advice Robster

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X