• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

natwest p.p.i refunds being paid into my default account

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• natwest p.p.i refunds being paid into my default account

i have never heard anything like this in my life!!!me and my husband took out a loan last year and we were paying £222 A MONTH over 5 years(£101)was p.p.i which i cancelled in july this year and we were paying out so much a month that we were always overdrawn.so i decided to have a look on the moneysavingexpert.com website and saw that a charity run debt counselling service could help us which were c.c.c.s they put us on a debt management plan to pay natwest £100 a month and then we would still have enough money left over and get back on the right track.
    natwest confirmed that we could do this but stated that we needed to send our cash cards back and that our account would be put into recovery and that we needed to find alternative banking.all our direct debits were cancelled and whatever was paid into this account would go towards the loan which they said was in arrears even though we were still making payments and we never missed any what so ever,everytime we contacted recovery they were rude and we were told the bailiffs were going to be sent to our home and we were disgusted as we had never missed a payment and we had banked with them for over 12 years.and now that we have made claims for p.p.i from 5 previous loans that the refunds will go into that account to pay off the loan we are in arrears with and we cannot touch it!!!i am so angry but apparently they have rights how unfair is this????

Re: natwest p.p.i refunds being paid into my default account

It is called right of offset and yes they are entitled to do this. I assume all 5 loans were with Natwest?

Don't forget that the debt is being repaid quicker, it isn't all bad.
    Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

hi,thanks for your reply and yes they are all with natwest,we have made a complaint with nemo personal finance for the p.p.i on a loan we had with them.will this be transferred with to that account aswell if we receive compensation?many thanks in advance

Comment

If successful with your claim you can ask that a cheque be issued or that a transfer is made into an account of your choice, but you must stipulate this from the start and continue to do so throughout your claim.

Do you have another account at all? If not then consider opening a basic account with someone other than Natwest or RBS.
        Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

Comment

yes we do with barclays and have tried to get natwest to pay the refunds into there but they said that they cannot do this

Comment

Very good, then stipulate any refund from Nemo must be by way of a cheque, then pay it into Barclays account.

Natwest will not pay it into Barclays, would you if you were in their position ?

Comment

thank you,i did ask for a cheque to be posted to our home address but they have said there is a slim chance of this
              ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
              sorry i forgot to say natwest wont issue a cheque not nemo
              Last edited by michlahey1978; 4th November 2009, 23:24:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

How do you mean?

A slim chance that your claim will be successful or that they wouldn't normally send out a cheque? If the latter, then how have they suggested they pay any refund?

Comment

Thats ok, I assumed you meant Nemo. I know Natwest probably wont, but again, it doesn`t hurt to ask.

Comment

hi,sorry forgot to say natwest will not issue a cheque,we have not received an offer from nemo yet

Comment

Maybe start a new thread in the PPI Forum to track your progress and help others?

Comment

thanks,but what as got to me is i have spoken to natwest recovery where our account is being held and on monday and the gentleman said we could withdraw the p.p.i refunds as our account was in credit by £10.25,but have contacted them again twice today and been told 2 more different stories and resulting in we can't touch the money so i am really confused and angry with them for getting our hopes up and then been let down
                        ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                        thank you will do that
                        Last edited by michlahey1978; 4th November 2009, 23:32:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Has the money already been refunded to the Natwest account and if so approximately what is the credit balance?

Are they saying that they will pay the funds into your bank account and then you must pay/they will take it from there?

Comment

As you are on a formal DMP via CCCS then the refund of any PPI on OTHER loans with Natwest should be refunded to you directly to be proportionally split between your other creditors. Its a standard term of DMPs that any income / windfalls should be split in the same proportions as the DMP payments.

The PPI refund on the current loan which you are paying should be used to reduce the balance because of the recalculation of the interest etc to put that account to the position it would be in now had you not had the PPI originally.

I think that is how you need to put it to them. So basically they get some and you get some.
                            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X