• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Warmfront

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warmfront

Hi all,

Not sure whether this is the right place to put this, but I'm sure someone will redirect if necessary. (or required)

Warmfront is a govt scheme; up to 3500 quid free to private homeowners who need help with, eg, replacement heating boiler/loft insulation/cavity wall insulation etc

Must meet certain criteria (ie be in receipt of certain state benefits, etc)

Info available by Googling Warmfront, or Eega, who manage the scheme

cnjw

(Tried to PM this, but my Outlook Express is up the Swanee!
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Re: Warmfront

Thanks Charity

Do you have to have under a certain inchage of insulation already in your loft ? (thats why I was turned down recently despite meeting everything else)

Previously we tried to get some kind of grant to install some kind of heating system in an old house (which had one electric storage heater brrrrr) but earnt too much (ie we werent entirely destitute)

So the criteria is quite strict.

Be interesting to hear of anyone who has actually managed to get one of these warmfront grants.

Ame
    xx
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Charity, if you are having problems with your browser then I would highly recommend dumping internet explorer and using firefox.

You can download it free here Firefox Browser | Upgrade to the latest version of Firefox | Free Download
      Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
        Thanks Charity

Do you have to have under a certain inchage of insulation already in your loft ? (thats why I was turned down recently despite meeting everything else)

Previously we tried to get some kind of grant to install some kind of heating system in an old house (which had one electric storage heater brrrrr) but earnt too much (ie we werent entirely destitute)

So the criteria is quite strict.

Be interesting to hear of anyone who has actually managed to get one of these warmfront grants.

Ame
        xx

From Warmfront Website;

http://www.warmfront.co.uk/do-i-qualify.htm

Eligibility
        1. Householders aged 60 or over in receipt of one or more of the following benefits:
        • Income Support
        • Council Tax Benefit
        • Housing Benefit
        • Job Seekers Allowance (income-based)
        • Pension Credit
        • Income-related Employment and Support Allowance

2. Householders with a child under 16, or pregnant women with maternity certificate MAT-B1, in receipt of one or more of the following benefits:
        • Income Support
        • Council Tax Benefit
        • Housing Benefit
        • Job Seekers Allowance (income-based)
        • Pension Credit
        • Income-related Employment and Support Allowance

3. Householders in receipt of one or more of the following benefits:
        • Working Tax Credit (with an income of less than £16,040, which must include a disability element)
        • Disability Living Allowance
        • Child Tax Credit (with an income of less than £16,040)
        • Housing Benefit (which must include a disability premium)
        • Income Support (which must include a disability premium)
        • Council Tax Benefit (which must include a disability premium)
        • War Disablement Pension (which must include a mobility supplement or Constant Attendance Allowance)
        • Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit (which must include Constant Attendance Allowance)
        • Attendance Allowance

We've had them out twice.The first time cavities filled and loft insulated. The second time they topped up the loft insulation.Apparently minimum thickness needs to be 250mm.

CJ

Comment

Hi all,

>Ame,

I can't find mention of an existing minimum requirement (& it would seem illogical).
          We have had initial survey done (quick check on eligibility & type of work required) & are awaiting visit from technical bod (stage 2).

If you like, I will keep you all posted (use this thread?)

>Tools,

Thanks for that.
          Firefox was already on this machine, but apparently some kind of problem (syntax error - I thought syntax was what you paid when you......................)
          I pressed some buttons, closed my eyes & crossed fingers.
          All seems ok (haven't tried PM yet)

cnjw
          x:tinysmile_cry_t::whoo:
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

Comment

>Tools,

I've tried a test PM to you, but it doesn't tell me if you've received it.
            Could you let me know (here & PM - I'll know if it's working properly then!)
            Also, a little yellow bod (top RH corner of screen) is telling me I have messages, but I don't know how to retrieve - they're not listed in PM inbox.
            Any suggestions?

cnjw
            CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

To retrieve your private messages click on this tab at the top right above your name. That should then take you to your message inbox where you will see my reply to your PM.
              Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Done & done!

Cheers, Tools.

cnjw
                CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Loads of info re Warmfront & other issues (finance, energy saving, health etc) here:-

http://www.dh.gov.uk/prod_consum_dh/.../dh_105380.pdf

cnjw
                  CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                  Phelps, C. C.

Comment

We had a new boiler fitted by Warmfront, my parents have had the loft done and cavity wall insulation. They were told they could have a new boiler but no one has so far got back to them on that, as situation at the moment with them I don't think they need the hassle so I have not pushed it for them.
                    Mother in law too has had cavity wall insulation on the scheme.

Comment

Before going for new boiler scrappage scheme, read this:-

Pensioners could lose 3,500 if they apply for boiler scrappag - Telegraph
                      CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                      Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Just a reminder that the 'Warmfront' scheme, which gives grants of up to £3,500 (£6000 for oil/alternative energy) to eligible householders, is still going strong.

Apparently, £30m is still available via this year's fund.

Details are here

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Environm...ts/DG_10018661
                        CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                          Before going for new boiler scrappage scheme, read this:-

Pensioners could lose 3,500 if they apply for boiler scrappag - Telegraph
                          Why can't they just wear another pair of thermal knickers, add a woollen sweater and heat up their cups of Complan?

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                            Why can't they just wear another pair of thermal knickers, add a woollen sweater and heat up their cups of Complan?
                            Sounds like your attempting to become an MP, that's just the kind of solution they would like for our old and feeble.

Comment

Originally posted by enaid View Post
                              Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                              Sounds like your attempting to become an MP, that's just the kind of solution they would like for our old and feeble.
                              I'm sure that some politicians - such as the odious 'Baron' Freud - would prefer that such unproductive people would just die.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X