• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

How much is yours?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much is yours?

I've always thought my electricity bill was on the high side and I just totted up how much I've paid in the last 12 months and it's £1271. I've no reason to believe the bills are not right - just feel it's quite a lot for a 2 bedroom bungalow that has gas central heating and hob.

Was just wondering how much other people were paying?

Re: How much is yours?

3 bed semi with gas heating and electric oven hob...

90 gas pm
    65 electric pm

Gas 1080 a year
    Leccy 780 a year

Ive just switching to Eon from EDF and my combined bill will be going down by 300 a year.
    Dragging myself and my family back into the light with the help of Beagles.

My Hardship Claim
    Me VS Abbey Win
    BIL HSBC Credit Card
    BIL EGG
    BIL HSBC Loan
    BIL PPI Win

Comment

I too have been complaining bitterly about our electricity and gas bills at the office where I work, I feel that we must be paying for others also. I have now found out that there are two metres relating to this address and I am going to get the one that does not relate to us removed from our site. I was told that MPAS can make it unrelated - 0845 6015467

Although they assure me that the costs are just for our office, it concerns me at the outrageous prices and costs for this comodity and in general it not does seem possible for the bills to cost this much.

It reminds me of many years ago when I worked at a company doing monthly management accounts I discovered that we were paying electricity for the shop next door as well, that actually had gone on for many years.

Good luck with getting this sorted as your bills do seem extremely high for a two bed bungalow.

Comment

Blimey. Wanna swap?

I'm currently with e-on but I can't combine it with gas as because I live in the boonies there's no mains gas so I have to use a supplier that can deliver it. Interesting that you gas is significantly more than your leccy.
        ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
        Originally posted by TUTTSI View Post
        I too have been complaining bitterly about our electricity and gas bills at the office where I work, I feel that we must be paying for others also. I have now found out that there are two metres relating to this address and I am going to get the one that does not relate to us removed from our site. I was told that MPAS can make it unrelated - 0845 6015467

Although they assure me that the costs are just for our office, it concerns me at the outrageous prices and costs for this comodity and in general it not does seem possible for the bills to cost this much.

It reminds me of many years ago when I worked at a company doing monthly management accounts I discovered that we were paying electricity for the shop next door as well, that actually had gone on for many years.

Good luck with getting this sorted as your bills do seem extremely high for a two bed bungalow.
        As you said it's definately worth checking. Years ago I rented a flat in London and the landlord told me not to expect any gas bills as the supply was hooked up to the flat downstairs.
        Last edited by EXC; 5th October 2009, 13:45:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
          Interesting that you gas is significantly more than your leccy.

LOL something to do with my heating bill... I don't do the cold and my house is a cozy 27 degrees all year round
          Dragging myself and my family back into the light with the help of Beagles.

My Hardship Claim
          Me VS Abbey Win
          BIL HSBC Credit Card
          BIL EGG
          BIL HSBC Loan
          BIL PPI Win

Comment

3 bedroomed house, no Gas, but

Electric around £1200 a year

and

Heating Oil approx £1100 a year, and I dont have heating on between April and October

Comment

We are all electric in a 3 bed and I would say quite large maisonette, 4 adults and at least one in the house at all times.
              Total electricity bill for 12 months £1141.46p

Comment

3 bedroom house gas central heating and hob.

Gas £36 a month.
                Electric £48 a month

British gas online tariff

Comment

Exc try out EDF for just lecky from uswitch etc. We don't have gas at all (coal fired) but used to with Npower, moved to Brit Gas, and then found out EDF were significantly cheaper.

Our average lecky is probably 40-50 per month tops during the winter.

2 bed, 2 kids lol

Comment

You need to do the comparison for your particular area if you are going to swap providers.
                    I am indeed better off at the mo for my electricity with British Gas Websaver 4 so it does depend on your area too.

Comment

Thanks for all the info you lot.

So £1200 for electricity doesn't seem too unusual then but I'm a bit surprised that Pinknico & Ed seem to be paying a lot less.

Comment

148 pm electric
                        150pm oil

Dont ask!
                        "What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

"Always reach for the moon, if you miss you'll end up among the stars"

Comment

Blimey Scoobs!

Exc, also actually we are prepayment so not sure if that makes a difference.

Comment

£270 month for dual bill gas/leccy, £190 (£2280 year) + £80 off arrears that we ran up when skint.

2 adults, no kids.

Scottish Power
                            Last edited by Sapphire; 6th October 2009, 08:28:AM.

Comment

4 bedroom house

£65 gas and £80 leccy with EDF in Glos, this also includes paying off the usual gross underestimate you get when you start a new deal.
                              Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Nemo me impune lacessit - No one provokes me with impunity. (Motto of the Kings of Scotland)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X