• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lugger loses it with Cap 1's Call Centre

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lugger loses it with Cap 1's Call Centre

OK, so I'm behind on my payments this month, but I see no good reason for Cap 1's Mumbai Mafia to call me several times a day asking when I'm going to be making a payment. So the normally mild mannered Luggerbugs "lost the heid" and swore at one of them today.

So I'm going to have a pop at them. Might as well... I'm well pee'd off with their smug and superior attitude. Anything else I say will only come across to some as racist, so I'll stop right there and simply post up my letter.

Bear in mind that I have used Rage Italic as a font. I thought the name rather appropriate. :tinysmile_twink_t2:

Firstly, please let me apologise for the ridiculous font I have used in composing this letter. I am aware that it may make it awkward to read, but since your call centres seem unable to understand simple English when I request that they cease calling me, I thought it important to continue the theme..
    Secondly, I wish to complain about the ridiculous regime of charges which you have imposed upon me over the lifetime of my account with you. To clarify, I do not believe them to be either fair, or a true reflection of any losses that you may purport to have suffered as a consequence of any action on my part.
    I t is therefore my belief that unless you are able to justify those charges, then you must credit my account with ALL charges that have been levied. If you do so in response to this letter, I shall consider this part of my complaint resolved; otherwise I shall calculate the total, and shall seek compounded interest at your contractual rate in restitution.
    I am also writing to complain about the quantity and frequency of telephone calls that I have received from your company, which I deem to be personally harassing.
    I have on numerous occasions verbally requested that these stop, but I am still receiving calls. I now require all further correspondence from your company to be made in writing only.
    I am of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.
    If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you WITHOUT ANY FURTHER WARNING to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading.
    I am aware that your company is of the opinion that since your system relies on an automated dialler system, that you are unable to stop the calls. But you should be aware too then, that I consider the use of such equipment in itself, to be in breach of the Communications Act 2003, as clearly the use of this type of system means that you will almost certainly be unable to comply with this demand to cease all telephone contact. I am more than happy for you to demonstrate that I am erroneous in this assumption however.
    Be advised then that I will log any further telephone calls from your company, and reserve the right to record those calls, with a view to collecting evidence for further action as may be necessary.
    I might as well prepare a SAR now, since they will probably ignore this letter. :tinysmile_grin_t:
    My Blog
    http://cabotfanclub.wordpress.com

Re: Lugger loses it with Cap 1's Call Centre

SAR, Preliminary, LBA, File your claim.

No need to waste your time or up your stress levels by doing anything else.

Comment

We are getting 6 calls a day for OH's account on his mobile and 6 calls a day on the land line and 6 calls a day for my account on the landline only as my mobiles now disconnected.

Sent them harassment letter last week and it hasn't stopped them at all.
      Dragging myself and my family back into the light with the help of Beagles.

My Hardship Claim
      Me VS Abbey Win
      BIL HSBC Credit Card
      BIL EGG
      BIL HSBC Loan
      BIL PPI Win

Comment

Report them !

Comment

Nah, I'm out for some fun with this one Budgie. I'll do it the Lugger Comedy Central way. :tung:

I've just had my 5th call of the day from them, so I asked them very politely if they would ensure that they were recording the call, and I have just read the letter out to them.

I'm keen to SAR them now to see if I can get a transcript, so I'll give it a week, then bang one in.

Well, I was getting bored anyways.
          ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
          Originally posted by Mochamoo View Post
          We are getting 6 calls a day for OH's account on his mobile and 6 calls a day on the land line and 6 calls a day for my account on the landline only as my mobiles now disconnected.

Sent them harassment letter last week and it hasn't stopped them at all.
          It won't stop them. Not the way their system is set up. I wonder if I'm up to getting a petition going to outlaw these systems???? Hmmm. Now there's a thought.

Oh, I also told them I would be more than happy to make a payment today... so would they please take it out of the charges they will be refunding. At least it got a giggle from the daft bint on the other side of the world. :tinysmile_twink_t2:
          Last edited by LuggerBugs; 22nd September 2009, 14:21:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
          My Blog

Comment

OK

If you would like some more fun

Maybe try phoning Capital One's Paralegal

Rachel Howey on 0115 843 8419

She never answers her phone anyway and it usually goes to answerphone.

You could advise her that everytime you get a call from someone in collections dept you will give her a call to let her know.

Maybe read your letter out to her and tell her that you would will be starting your claim by sending youir SAR letter any day.

Suggest that if she would like to avoid many many letters and phone calls from you over the next few months then she might like to suggest a method of resolving your claim immediatley without you having to go through the painful process that Capital One have adopted as their standard method to date.

Comment

Hmmm. That sounds like it could be fun. Ta, muchly.
              My Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Budgie View Post
                Maybe try phoning Capital One's Paralegal

Rachel Howey on 0115 843 8419

She never answers her phone anyway and it usually goes to answerphone.

You could advise her that everytime you get a call from someone in collections dept you will give her a call to let her know.

Maybe read your letter out to her and tell her that you would will be starting your claim by sending youir SAR letter any day.

Suggest that if she would like to avoid many many letters and phone calls from you over the next few months then she might like to suggest a method of resolving your claim immediatley without you having to go through the painful process that Capital One have adopted as their standard method to date.
                Originally posted by LuggerBugs View Post
                Hmmm. That sounds like it could be fun. Ta, muchly.
                Maybe that is why she doesn't answer her telephone...

Comment

Another way could be to ask Rachel Howey or Ellie Renshaw at Capital One to be your friend on Facebook.

Here are the links to their pages.

For some reason they havent responded to my friend request yet !!!

Rachel : Nicht unterstüzter Browser | Facebook

Ellie : Nicht unterstüzter Browser | Facebook

Sadly, Rachel does look to be a bit of a honey although she does need her roots doing !!!

Comment

Who is Ellie?
                    My Blog

Comment

Cap One legal team member

Comment

Remind me never to go to US or France LOL it makes you lose yer temper

Comment

Originally posted by Budgie View Post
                          Cap One legal team member
                          She has changed jobs.

Current Past
                          • Senior Manager - Executive Office: Head of complaints resolution at Capital One

Comment

Originally posted by enaid View Post
                            Remind me never to go to US or France LOL it makes you lose yer temper
                            It's stupid Indian call centre staff who make me lose my temper.

Them: "I can take a payment by debit card right now."
                            Me: "I won't be making a payment until we resolve this dispute."
                            Them: "Yes, I understand that. Can you make a payment right now?"

ARRGGGHHH!!!!! FFS!!!!!! :cry:
                            My Blog

Comment

Originally posted by LuggerBugs View Post
                              It's stupid Indian call centre staff who make me lose my temper.

Them: "I can take a payment by debit card right now."
                              Me: "I won't be making a payment until we resolve this dispute."
                              Them: "Yes, I understand that. Can you make a payment right now?"

ARRGGGHHH!!!!! FFS!!!!!! :cry:

Its a Filipino call centre
                              Dragging myself and my family back into the light with the help of Beagles.

My Hardship Claim
                              Me VS Abbey Win
                              BIL HSBC Credit Card
                              BIL EGG
                              BIL HSBC Loan
                              BIL PPI Win

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X