• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

TOMLIN: Nickij v Natwest/Irwin Mitchell - SORTED !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TOMLIN: Nickij v Natwest/Irwin Mitchell - SORTED !

Hi hun

If you click POST REPLY above this post, then click the it will allow you to upload your spreadsheet. it should be in standard xls format

Ame
    xx
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Re: Nickij v Natwest/Irwin Mitchell

Whoop whoop whoop, it worked you are such a star!!!!

Now just look forward to the headache of my poor skills in filling the form out!! LOL

Comment

Thanks honey will have a look shortly

do you want me to bring the rest of your thread over here or you happy dealing with things on MsE ?
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

IF it helps then bring the thread over here, I really don't mind!

Comment

£100 a month on mobile ? Should that be Quarter?
          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Subbing with interest as you're a neighbour of mine..

Also need to edit spready as it has personal details on it

Comment

Urrrmm yes, both myself and my partner's bills average at £100 per month, both phones are used for personal and business purposes and have been used a lot recently, what can I say. His last bill was £45 and mine was £55, I have been using it loads lately to set up my own business. Calls have to be made during the day when I am not at home and I am not allowed to use work phone for stuff like that.

Comment

Left it as it was and switched your child tax credit repayments and council tax arrears over to priority debts.

think you are right you wouldnt get hardship but this is completely fine for the offer to natwest.

Have unapproved your originl one to protect your privacy - apologies for not noticing xx

Original thread - Help please - Natwest/bank charges claim/Payplan/court?? - MoneySavingExpert.com Forums
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

Ok no probs, I thought that was the bit I couldn't quite get, got a little confused what should go where etc.

Bug*er, I don't think I moved quick enough then, I think I may have done if I had moved quicker at the time when I was out of work and had mortgage payments oustanding. But not suggesting I am as serious as I know a lot of hardship cases are.

When are we likely to hear about the result of the OFT test case, bottom line?

I don't know what you mean about unapproved so was completely unaware about privacy or anything such like.

Whats next then do we need to put a hold on it at all?

Comment

Hi Ame

Hope you had a good bank holiday weekend, weather turned out to be fairly reasonable.

Could you just advise, do I just wait to hear back a response from the letters I sent?

I have been doing some digging around and am going to continue to do so, but my Dad advised me that if I have taken a DMP that this should superceed any previous contract or agreement and that they simply have no right to chase me for the debt at all once I have entered into a DMP, what is your take on this?

It seems to be the time for it too, it seems that once one starts they all seem to get a sniff, got a letter from a debt recovery agency on my debt with Next through Payplan. The letter received from Debt Managers Ltd is extremely harrassing and demanding with huge capital letter text all over it, I thought that harrassing communications of any kind chasing debt was illegal now? I am already on medication for anxiety and all this is really not helping, I am having trouble sleeping and have a constant panicked feeling in stomach making me feel rather sick. I thought there was an actual law where they couldn't do it and if they where caught they could receive £5000 fine or 6 months prison sentence.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Nicki

Comment

File Debt Managers under Ignore as they are telling their usual UNtruths.
                      You already have a DMP in place and as such they CANNOT do anything further..

DCA's like to fire off cobblers letters of this type to scare you into payment.

Comment

ignore me I'm a spaz (two tics lol)

Right - yes you wait for a response, if theres no response in the time we have till defence hs to go in we enter the embarrased defence. If they do respond then we hve to go through the docs and get your offer to pay and defence sorted.

Re next - yes just scare tactics - you should send the DCA a CCA request (first letter ~~~ Consumer Credit Agreements - A Guide ~~~~ inc. Letters - Legal Beagles ) which should stop them bugging you for a while as there won't be an agreement.
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

alsoooooooooooo

The letter received from Debt Managers Ltd is extremely harrassing and demanding with huge capital letter text all over it, I thought that harrassing communications of any kind chasing debt was illegal now? I am already on medication for anxiety and all this is really not helping, I am having trouble sleeping and have a constant panicked feeling in stomach making me feel rather sick.
                          don't let it get to you its templated nonsense and no they shouldnt do it...have a read of the OFT 664

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/bus...dit/oft664.pdf

get yourself up on what they should and shouldnt do and if they are breaching those guidelines complain to the OFT.
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Thanks guys! Should I respond though because it says that "ALL FUTURE COMMUNICATIONS AND PAYMENTS SHOULD MADE TO DEBT MANAGERS LTD", should I write to Next and tell them to sort DM Ltd out or write to DM Ltd giving them details of my circumstances and DMP. As much as I don't want to take any crap, I don't want to ignore and then be taken to court again, I know that my credit file is in rubbish order and a CCJ won't make any difference but it is the fact my DMP is being ignored and I am still being contacted and bullied into paying the full amount plus, I am quite a proud person and I don't these companies to get away with stuff they shouldn't be, if this makes sense, its the principle to me, I want to show them I am in control and not them.

I have drawn up a letter and attached, see what you think, main bulk is template from Motley Fool but I added and changed a few bits, yes or no don't do it?

NJ x

Comment

Hi Ame, sorry to be a pain, can you remind me of when the deadline is before our next step should happen?

Thanks

NJ x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X