• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bubbles v Natwest (in DMP)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bubbles v Natwest (in DMP)

Need advice
    Natwest have said i am infinancial hardship and have agreed to refund my charges not sure how much. They said they will pay the money into my account which is currently not being used is od and is is been paid back through DM payplan who are also helping me pay other debts. i HAVE NOT MISSED A PAYMENT WITH THEM. I would like the money refunded via a cheque so I can pay priority debts such as mortage arrears, gas elect etc. Rang customer realations they said this is not possible as my account is with the debt recovery team of natwest. Surely by paying this money it is preujudice to my other debts and surely keeping a roof over my head is important especially as i have not missed a payment with payplan. Still awaiting letter on how much. But the debt with them will def swallow up what I get. Please help I thought the yes letter may finally get me back on track a little thanks
    Last edited by bubbles01; 13th June 2009, 16:27:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Re: Bubbles v Natwest (in DMP)

Are the mortgage arrears and the gas and electricity within the DMP?

Comment

no, just been trying to do overtime the much i can, to keep, chipping away at it.

Comment

Have you given proof to Natwest about your arrears with mortgage and utilities?

Comment

yes sent all my proofs in when claiming hardship. do you think i should try and appeal to banks better nature. just wondered if there is anything i could quote them from banking code etc. It does say in the letter my claim has been accepted and my account has been frozen and that recovery action suspended pending the outcome of OFT court case. You will shortly receive a letter from customer relations unit edingburgh, should you wish to accept sign and redturn and we will then contact you when funds have ben put into above account, natwest.
          ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
          forgot to mention already paying account back through pay plan agreement.
          Last edited by bubbles01; 15th June 2009, 08:28:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Yes I saw you were in a DMP.
            You sure that what they repay you will be a lot less than what you owe them?
            I would wait and see what the offer is firstly, then maybe ask that they help with your priority debts even if they actually will only pay them directly.
            This is only my opinion, someone else may advise you differently.
            Enaid x

Comment

Thanks for all your help LB
              Just spoken to someone at natwest customer releations and they say I have to speak to someone at credit management regarding the money not being paid into my account.

Also just rang the FOS as already had this compliant logged with them. They said the money does not have to be paid into that account, it is compensation and you should be able to pay who you want with it. And if Natwest dont agree then I should contact them and update my compliant. She also said they will try and pay there debt of first (which I understand). I will keep trying credit management and will not give up, come so far the end is in sight just not the right finish line yet.!

Also do these people at customer releations have to be so rude, my advice to anyone dealing with them, as hard as it is, keep your cool be polite at the end of the day I have spoken to some nice people at natwest who have gone that extra mile to help me ie fax docs to right department.

Useful telephone numbers
              Natwest
              Customer realations 0845 3030456
              credit Management 01952 206240
              Glasgow collection 08453012783

I will get the right result....

Comment

NEAR SUCCESS
                Just spoken to debt management and they said that I can release some of the sums of money to pay for priority debts. In fact the lady I spoke to was one of the nicest people a Natwest. She explained that nATWEST want to help people, not give with one and take with another. Also looks like after all that the figure they maybe talking about may in fact actually pay of what I owe them anyway. But I can pay less back if I need, so I can have more left over to pay pririty debts. As I have been making reg payments as agreed with them to pay overdraft and not missed any and in fact when I do overtime been paing a little extra.

It just goes to show if you find someone nice in authority you can get success. I will update on the amount I get. Fingers crossed another debt paid of... I might one day be able not to work so many hours.

Lessons learnt, be even more careful with money, dont waste it , not that I have (got into this through many facters, job loss etc). Also I am going to try and save a little and often as my grandad used to say. I am never, never going to get into this situation again.

Be strong everyone and keep fighting, we will win.

Look forward to updating you on my payout. All thanks to nattie and LB, your website is def an inspiration and I will def donate something when I get my payout.

Comment

SUCCESS
                  WON £5991.00
                  NATWEST

Just had my letter got the above amount. Has not sunk in!!! Did not even think it would be that. So keep fighting everyone x

Comment

Fantastic news, another success.

Well done

Tuttsi

Comment

Great news Bubbles. Hopefully that will go a long way to sorting out your debts. Well done x
                      Is no longer here

Comment

Originally posted by bubbles01 View Post
                        SUCCESS
                        WON £5991.00
                        NATWEST

Just had my letter got the above amount. Has not sunk in!!! Did not even think it would be that. So keep fighting everyone x

A massive well done, just wondered did you actually know the final figure you were expecting?
                        If this is not the full amount you will be still able to claim the rest if the test case goes our way.

Comment

Did not know final figure. But way over what I had in my head

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X