• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CB gets some new "friends"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CB gets some new "friends"

So I've been talking with my family about what I do here and my brother collared me.
    He's getting some hassles from some friends so I said I'd sort the out for him.
    He's forwarded over some letters for me to start with.
    As ever there is NO references to the alleged debts only the normal demands for immediate payment or else

So say hello to my new "friends":
    • Scotcall
    • Ruthbridge
    • Fire

Let the fun begin..

I think a nice Prove It for starters will do the trick.
    I have been given full authority to act on his behalf in this matter.

Re: CB gets some new "friends"

Ruthbridge and FIRE, eh? Our old mates Cabot spring to mind.
    My Blog
    http://cabotfanclub.wordpress.com

Comment

Fire lol, do they test fire alarms also and service extinguishers?

Comment

More "friends" to add.
        Now I also have a FULL on Cabot, not one of their pseudo names

Fun for all the family !!

Comment

Originally posted by Curlyben View Post

How do you get "full authority" to work with the creditors? My elderly father is hiding from his debts at the moment, does not open anything! Have you diverted all your brother's mail to your address?

xxxx

Comment

Yes indeed and I have a letter of authority, signed by him, if needed.

Bear in mind that as we don't actual sign letters they could come from anyone at all
            Bit like their own Nastygrams.

So go for it, we'll help if needed.

Comment

I always send stuff on behalf of my OH, don't bother telling him, might as well just get on with it. I can recognise a DCA letter from 10 paces by now, so I just used to open them without telling him and deal with them. There was only really the Bryan Carter thingy though. Did his Natwest and crap One with his full support, although there were no DCAs involved in those.
              I can do a very passable version of his signature, if ever needed. Not that there's anything on the go at the moment, only Westcot chasing his Natwest card for an amount that is totally wrong as we pay Natwest every month anyway. Am waiting till the last minute to send them the "prove it" letter. cos we only owe about 60 quid, and as we pay 30 a month that will be paid off soon. I really hope they take it to court so I can show them the nil balance as a defence lol.
              Is no longer here

Comment

Couple of new ones to add here as well.
                A proper Cabot as well as some new ones on me:
                • Philips Collection Services
                • Credit Resource Solutions

Seem Snotcall have already given up and passed it back, but to whom no idea as yet.
                We'll wait and see

The worrying thing is these will put me over the FORTY different DCA's dealt with !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Curlyben View Post

How do you get full authority to act on a friend's behalf as I could do with dealing with a DCA on behalf of someone I know who is a bit timid!
                  Redletter.

I believe the struggle for financial freedom is unfair - I believe the only ones who disagree are millionaires.......(Darren Hayes/Savage Garden)

"Get up at 6 face another day another red letter in the mail-already taken my TV away-whatever I earn there's always more to pay.....Gotta turn these rags to riches turn the pennies into pounds cos right now all my days are bitches and I'm tired of being down!." Copyright Change! (Redletter 2006).

Comment

Originally posted by Redletter View Post
                    How do you get full authority to act on a friend's behalf as I could do with dealing with a DCA on behalf of someone I know who is a bit timid!
                    Quite simple really.
                    Just get a letter of authority signed (real ink signature is required) by them giving you authority to act on their behalf.

In this case it's a simple one.

to whom it may concern,
                    I BLAH of My house, do hereby give Curlyben of His house, full authority to act on my behalf in all dealings with your company.

Yours insincerely

Mr BLAH
                    Signed this date 1st April before noon.
                    To be honest, as long as you keep everything in writing how are they to know it's actually your friend responding, allegedly.
                    You just keep the above letter in your back pocket should it be needed.
                    IF, and I advise against it, you do talk to them on the phone then they would need such a letter on record before they will talk to you.

Ther's loads of ideas for wording here: http://www.recoverbankcharges.co.uk/...0Authority.pdf
                    Here: http://www.ccptax.com/Files/AuthorityLetter.pdf
                    and here: http://www.vatalliance.co.uk/expo/Le...0Authority.pdf
                    Last edited by Curlyben; 23rd April 2009, 18:05:PM.

Comment

Well all Prove It letter's sent with 14 day deadlines, just time to sit back and fire up the Barbie

Comment

This gets even better.
                        Seems the last payments made to the majority of these was 2004 so awefully close to SB'd status.
                        Also mostly opened in Scotland.

Now I need to do some research on moving from Scot to England re 5/6 year rules.

Is it based on where the account was originally opened ??

Gee are Cabot in for a shock then

Comment

We so far a couple of attempted calls to my shiny 0871 number, shame that costs them 10p per min
                          Also two letter from Cabot saying on hold as they have referred to client for docs and all within my 14 day deadline as well.
                          So we're getting somewhere, if slowly.

Comment

News - Seems my Cabot friends have "mysteriously found" a couple of other accounts and have taken my Prove It to cover these as well.
                            So more validation to wait for.

I small a large rat here as Cabot are not normally so pleasant and helpful. I suppose they have seen what the OFT have done to others in the industry and are taking note

Comment

So Cabot are fast approaching their own 21 day limit and nowt so far.
                              As for the others, well a complete blank in writing.
                              A few meaningless telephone threats, but nothing else.
                              Guess they are having problems located these documents then, not like I have even CCA'd them yet, just a simple prove it.

Oh well we'll see if the postie brings any love letters over the next few days

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X