• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Calamity Jane v CapitalOne

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calamity Jane v CapitalOne

Could have a problem with this one.
    At the moment owe about £2600. I've been making token payments for over a year originally £1 a month increased to £3. Been trundling along nicely until CapitalOne wrote to me(twice now) saying that agreement has to end and to contact them. I ignored them and carried on paying the £3.
    Now I do have some charges on this but they only amount to about £200- £300. I don't think they have an enforceable Credit Agreement but not 100% sure.
    Should I send off a CCA request or by doing so will I be dropping myself in it?

Re: Calamity Jane v CapitalOne

Any suggestions?

Comment

Hi CJ,

I took on Cap one last summer. Can I suggest first you switch all of the debt to another card, then ask for all of the money they owe you. I was paid after sending the LBA.

Good luck
      Hod..liam..
      Borrow money from a pessimist -- they don't expect it back.

Comment

Originally posted by Happyolddog View Post
        Hi CJ,

I took on Cap one last summer. Can I suggest first you switch all of the debt to another card, then ask for all of the money they owe you. I was paid after sending the LBA.

Good luck
        Hod..liam..
        The state of credit file, switching to a new card's not an option.
        I've made another payment today, so think I'll carry on until the new year and then reassess the situation.

Thanks anyway Hod.

CJ

Comment

Hey CJ

I don't think reclaiming the charges which you have had on the account can affect the repayment plan, although if things are quiet and you are happy with the payments you are making then I would leave things as they are. A CCA request might be an idea if they do start hassling you as a means to trying to keep them to the £3 a month agreement, but until anything starts I wouldn't rock the boat personally. If they start hassling you to pay more or to pay off the balance, then go for it.

Ame
          xx
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Update;

2 letters from CapitalOne today.(I must be psychic)
            Letter 1 - Saying I haven't replied to their previous letter but as payments have continued they will extend the agreement by 7 months
            Letter 2 - Notice of default, if I don't write to them within 28 days of their letter (dated 3rd December) cancelling the agreement and recommencing minimum payments, usual action may be taken.
            Will post up full copies later.

Last edited by calamity jane; 15th December 2008, 00:30:AM.

Comment

Mr LeftHand meet Mr RightHand

Comment

Just posting the letters;

1st letter(side 1)

">

side 2

(you have nooooooo idea how long it took me to upload the letters to photobucket to put on here) Will post the other letter tomorrow.

Comment

HI CJ, did you recieve prior warning on this?

Comment

Originally posted by Ed1237 View Post
                    HI CJ, did you recieve prior warning on this?
                    Yes this is third time received the same/similar letter I just keep ignoring them and continue paying the agreed amount, which is what I shall do with this one. :grin: There's a lovely long thread otr where someone is in the same situation. Makes interesting reading.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...d-payment.html

Comment

Hi CJ,

What a bunch of Jokers. Funnily enough my brother in law got himself into the same situation. He ended up with £61k worth of debt on creditdcards without telling his wife (Lead balloon). Cap 1 followed the same pattern. They seem to have made screwing up an art form.

Comment

Default Letter

Will be interesting to see what happens to my credit report after the 28 days is up.

Comment

Letter received Saturday from CapitalOne stating that "You have missed or failed to pay in full the last 2 contractual minimum payments to your CapitalOne account"

Then goes on to state the amount payable for the missed or partly paid payment due on 5th November = £xxxx.xx
                          The amount payable for the missed or partly paid payment due on 6th December = £xxxx.xx (Novembers payment plus £79.51)

Apparently the above are the minimum payments I should have made plus the arrears.

Then a list of the payments I have made.

Will post the full letter up tomorrow (internet connection permitting).

Comment

Gosh, so they actually made a repayment plan with you - they did not even acknowledge my request for a repayment plan!

Personally, I'd CCA them as they'll keep on sending lurvely computer generated letters now.

:santa2:

Comment

Originally posted by Birdie View Post
                              Gosh, so they actually made a repayment plan with you - they did not even acknowledge my request for a repayment plan!

Personally, I'd CCA them as they'll keep on sending lurvely computer generated letters now.

:santa2:
                              I've been on a payment plan since October 2007, which is when I first started having problems with the payments. I going to carry on paying the agreed amount and then after Xmas request a copy of the CCA.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X