• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Abbey bank charges

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abbey bank charges

Hi
    I need some good advise please..... I won judgement against the abbey some time ago for a few thousand (about £8000.00) but with all this legal stuff being done by the govement the abbey put a stay on it.
    I still have a current account with the abbey but do not use it since the action I took against them,i now bank with the nationwide and also have my mortgage with them but have not paid it for 3 months now due to the fact i have lost my job i also have credit cards bills that i cannot pay, my whole life is a complete mess now and the only thing i can see that can help me get through this mess is to get the court to lift the stay on my claim that i have won.
    Please can you help
    Many Thanks
    Judy Rose

Re: Abbey bank charges

Hi Judith,

How did you get judgement on your Abbey case? Was it simply because they ignored you?

If you could post up some more details of your other debts that would be very useful and we could see if you would come into the "hardship" criteria.

Comment

Hi Amy
      Thanks for your response, i got judgement because they failed to go to court and thats how i won it.
      I am now just over 3 months in arrears with my mortgage.
      I have huge arrears with 3 credit cards.
      Action is now being taken with my council taxe.
      I am over with my overdraft limit.
      I am 3 months in arrears with my car payments.
      I hope this helps you Amy.
      Many Thanks
      Judy

Comment

HI Judith,

I suggest that you have a look at the recent hardship claims, in particular those against Abbey.

I suspect there is a good possibility that you may be able to write to Abbey and get an interim settlement in your claim.

Have a look at some of the Abbey hardship claims and see some of the letters that people have written.

If you would like to have a try at your own claim under hardship then there are plenty of folks here on LB who will be able to offer you help and advice.

First things first, have a read of what other Abbey claimers have done recently.

A good place to start is here Status summary of Hardship claims using FSA waiver criteria - Legal Beagles

( I will update the status thread tonight - it's not been done for a while and there are some new claims to add in)

Budgie

Comment

Originally posted by judith View Post
          i got judgement because they failed to go to court and thats how i won it.
          Have you ever had an offer from them? Have you had contact since the judgement?

I am now just over 3 months in arrears with my mortgage.
          Has the mortgage company started any action against you yet?

I have huge arrears with 3 credit cards.
          Can you post up some details of these please, ie which company the credit card is with? How much do you owe? Do you have charges on these cards?

Action is now being taken with my council taxe.
          Have they gone for a liability order yet? How much do you owe?

I am over with my overdraft limit.
          How far over your overdraft? What charges do you have, if any?

I am 3 months in arrears with my car payments.
          How much have you paid and how much is left?

I apologise for all the questions, but we need to know the answers in order to give you the correct help.

xx

Comment

Hi Amy
            Many thanks for getting back to me here are my answers as requested.
            1. NO
            2. NO
            3. MBNA £7000.00 JOHN LEWIS £7000.00 NATIONWIDE £2650.00 AND YES TO CHARGES ON ALL OF THEM.
            4. YES. BAILIFFS DUE THIS WEEK £1500 TO BE PAID OFF IN 6 MONTHS, CANT RAISE THE FIRST £266.00.
            5. NOT YET.
            6. OWE ABOUT £4000.00 PAID OF ABOUT £4000.00.

Many Thanks
            Judy

Comment

Ok Judith,

Have you started any claims for the credit card charges yet? If not, you need to get this underway as soon as you can. Are the accounts still with the original creditors or have they been passed over to DCA's?

Which bailiffs have been instructed for your Council Tax bill?

Do you have a scanner? If so, are you able to scan any relevant documents and post them up (you can PM them if you'd rather).

We really do need as much information as you can possibly give us.

Comment

Hi Amy
                Do other people see all this information that i am telling you about ?? and how do i post up the document that you have requested from me ??
                Thanks
                Judy

Comment

Hi Amy
                  Do other people see all this information that i am telling you about ?? and how do i post up the document that you have requested from me ??
                  Thanks
                  Judy
                  Yes, they do. It's the best way to get the greatest amount of help. You will get all sorts of great advice and different suggestions from an awful lot of people.

You can email anyone here if you'd rather, or visit the chatroom. If you post it on the forum just make sure you take out all your personal details beforehand.

You'll be fine, we'll look after you xx

Comment

Thanks Amy
                    So how do i upload the doc's that you want to view ?? i can scan them but i dont see any upload button ?? please advise me please
                    Thanks
                    Judy

Comment

Hi Judith,

Don't worry about people seeing your documents hun, just make sure you block out the personal details, ie: name, address, date of birth and account number.
                      That way your anonomity will be protected.

Honestly it really is the best way to get your advice sorted out.

Comment

Hi Judith

If you want to upload them to the site make sure you take off personal details. So long as you keep amounts approx and don't use your real name you are fine discussing your debt and claim on here and get as much help with everything as possible.

to upload an image you need to click on ''go advanced'' under the reply box, then you see a little picture of a paperclip and you click that to bring up a window to upload files to.

Sounds like you have a case for hardship, also if you need some help dealing with your baliff situation let us know a bit more about the position and we should be able to advise.

Best wishes, and welcome to Beagles.

Ame
                        xxx
                        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi Ame
                          Many thanks i will try and upload the stuff this morning
                          Thanks
                          Judy

Comment

Hi Judy

I have had an interim payment of bank charges refunded due to financial hardship. If you read my thread you will see how I was able to achieve this with the help of this site.

If you have any questions... just shout.

xx

Comment

Hi Tuttsi
                              Thank you, how do i follow your thread ??
                              Thanks
                              Judy
                              ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                              Originally posted by Amy View Post
                              Ok Judith,

Have you started any claims for the credit card charges yet? If not, you need to get this underway as soon as you can. Are the accounts still with the original creditors or have they been passed over to DCA's?

Which bailiffs have been instructed for your Council Tax bill?

Do you have a scanner? If so, are you able to scan any relevant documents and post them up (you can PM them if you'd rather).

We really do need as much information as you can possibly give us.
                              Hi Amy
                              Can i send you the files now as requested
                              Thanks
                              Judy
                              Last edited by judith; 29th October 2008, 10:28:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X