• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

How is YOUR Bank dealing with Hardship Claims ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How is YOUR Bank dealing with Hardship Claims ?

We are getting a better picture now of the way things are going to be under this years waiver so a wee summary so you have an idea what to expect from your bank if you are confirmed as being in financial difficulty;

If you have noticed a pattern throughout the charge claims world for a bank please post and we can add to this post. contact details are helpful too.

ABBEY
    65% offer on your claim if it has been stayed in court.

NATWEST
    A hold on future charges and allow overdrafts to be repaid by installment without default. They will not refund unless there is an immediate threat - ie loss of home / bankruptcy

HALIFAX
    Full payout of charges plus stat interest approx 6 weeks after claiming hardship. Not too strict on hardship criteria.

LLOYDS
    Possible hold on future charges, move to basic account and offered a loan. If you have a stayed claim in court at the moment against Lloyds please contact the team at LegalBeagles regarding requesting a stay lift in court.

BARCLAYS
    BANK OF SCOTLAND
    HSBC
    NATIONWIDE
    ROYAL BANK OF SCOTLAND

Last edited by Amethyst; 15th September 2008, 21:05:PM.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Re: How is YOUR Bank dealing with Hardship Claims ?

i am certainly and most definately a hardship case, but have had no offer of help from my bank, HSBC.. Can you tell me how to ask for a s.tay and apply as a hardship case

Comment

My bank HSBC seem not to be acknowledging hardship cases. I am continually having SO and DD bounce and am over my overdraft limit continuously. Usually this is due to the charges imposed by the bank each month. Very often they take out between £70 and £100 when there are no funds in my account causing me to go even further into the 'red', then they impose even more charges on me!!!
      I am a carer for my 2 autistic children who are adults now and both in receipt of disability living allowance, (higher rate of care), my daughter :cry:has had a baby so i am also a carer for him.
      I am in receipt of income support and carers allowance only and my income weekly is less than £150 per week.. Surely they can see the hardship i am under!!!!! Can anyone help? What can i do? and how do i do it please?
      :cry:

Comment

Hi Jillytots

Have HSBC actually told you that they don't consider you to be in financial hardship?

Have you made a claim to them for the charges?

Comment

Morning All I have heard back from Barclays Bank that I am in financial hardship but I have turned down their offer of £563 as I am in debt with mortgages, baliffs etc for about £5,000.
          I have posted the address on Millie the cats thread

Comment

Does the £563 equate to anything? But yes if your arrears are nearerer the 5k mark keep on at them, have seen a few where they have upped it after first offer to cover the arrears fully. don't forget its interim, not full & final, so the rest is available to go back for later.
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

No it doesn't even cover the council tax arrears. Someone is meant to be calling me back and so far has not when I called yesterday to the number I was given I was told that the person who answered the telephone could not help me and they would call me when they were ready. They did say they were making telephone calls this weekend though.

Comment

Hi, Halifax have just accepted that mine is a case of financial hardship but they have decided not to refund any charges.

They say this is because I have no arrears on my account. I've explained that I have no arrears because:
                a) I'm not entitled to any overdraft, and
                b) I have repeatedly cancelled direct debits to avoid incurring charges that would otherwise have been taken from my benefits....and I haven't been able to reinstate these DDs because of my poor financial situation.

Instead, they have referred me to their Money Management Team. Apparently, the MMT can overturn the initial decision. So I am about to phone them.

This is so frustrating! I thought the hard part would be to get them to accept that mine is a case of financial hardship. However, it seems that even when they do, they still don't refund.

Comment

Are there priority debt arrears?

Comment

Rent and Council tax arrears.

Comment

Originally posted by Exclusive View Post
                      Rent and Council tax arrears.
                      Have you already sent them in the proofs?

Comment

Yes. They have everything.

Comment

Well, I phoned the Money Management Team, and wasn't that a complete and utter waste of time and a phone call! They said they can't overturn any decision, they only offer advice e.g. I could apply for disability living allowance, or that I could request repayment arrangements with my creditors. Doh ! As if I hadn't already thought about and done that!

All I can do is appeal against their decision, and if that doesn't work, then go to the FOS.

Comment

out of interest have you applied for DLA(if you qualify for it)?

Comment

I'm in the process of applying, don't know yet if I'll get it.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X