• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

First Direct pay out Hardship Claimant

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Direct pay out Hardship Claimant

Beagles member, Jester, has been offered a substantial interim payment in a case which First Direct, part of HSBC, claim is the first of its kind they have dealt with under the revised FSA waiver guidelines.

In August 2007 Jester found himself unemployed and unable to find a new job. He already had a claim for refund of unfair charges lodged with the courts, and due to the OFT vs Banks test case, his claim had been stayed, despite an argument against, and was sat gathering dust.

In September 2007 Jester found Beagles and we assisted him with a new application to the court to lift the stay on hardship grounds. Sadly the waiver wasn't very effective at that time and his request was denied by Judge Hickinbottom and the bank continued to ignore his pleas of hardship.

Then things came to a head when Jesters mortgage arrears resulted in him receiving a reposession order with an order to leave the property on September 23rd.

Jester wrote to First Direct again spelling out his current situation and despite his account having been closed after he defaulted on the overdraft, after some negotiation First Direct agreed to make an interim payment on his charges claim to pay the arrears on his mortgage in order to remove the reposession order from his home. Additionally they offered to repay the defaulted amount of his overdraft and send a cheque to him to cover a further two months mortgage payments. The total amount being repaid to him is £5200.

There is still an outstanding amount on Jesters charge claim, and this will remain lodged with the court until the outcome of the test case.

Thank you to First Direct for actually taking notice of the waiver, and for considering the detrimental effect their refusal to refund the charges they took from Jesters current account may have had on his life.

The situation Jester found himself in is precisely why the waiver exceptions for those in financial difficulties are there. People should not be left to lose their homes while the banks keep hold of unlawfully obtained monies which would prevent such things happening.

If you are suffering severe hardship and have a charges claim on hold, please write to your bank and ask them to consider your situation under the waiver guidelines.

Congratulations Jester and we wish you success with your continued search for employment.

You can read Jesters full thread --- Jester Vs First Direct - OFFER Accepted - Legal Beagles
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Re: First Direct pay out Hardship Claimant

In view of this I think it might be a good idea to sent the FD author of this repayment a Legal Beagles thank you, a card, flowers or whatever to show that kindness & a willingness to cooperate is appreciated ............ any comments??

Also it may just help future such claims

Comment

A very good idea IMO.
      Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Very good idea. Anyone feeling artistic?

"Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Re-think: we have official LB stationery on order, so all we need to work out is wording. I can collect the headed paper from printers on Mon/Tue.
          "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X