• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Nelly80 V Barclays

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nelly80 V Barclays

Originally posted by nelly80 View Post
    Hello,
    I'm currently trying to claim financial hardship for my mum, she's been struggling with repayments since she seperated from my dad, and even more since she dicovered she had breats cancer and been in and out of hospital for 6 years or so. I was wondering if there are any sample letters for the claim, we've just done the financial statement.
    The claim is with Barclays, who have said that the media has misrepresented their obligations under the Banking code!!!!
    We've already started the process for the initail claim, but thought we'd try to get it dealt with sooner by claiming financial hardship.
    Nelly
    Hi Nelly,

There is no standard letter for attempting to get a claim resolved under financial hardship considerations. Everyone's situation is different and these things are usually best prepared in your own words.
    However, there are many people who are curently in the process of attempting this approach and some of them have posted their own letters on their threads. So it would be worth your while having a look at some of the similar threads in this section of the forum to get an idea of the sort of content that you need to include in the letter.

Click here for a list of the current financial hardship claims that are underway

Can you let us know a little more information about the claim you are making for your Mother.

1) At what stage are you with the original claim, IE have you sent a preliminary letter or a letter before action, have you filed a claim at Court which has been stayed?
    2) You say that you have produced a finacial statement, have you done this off your own back or did Barcays ask you to do this?
    3) Would you be able to post up your financial statement on here, ( make sure you remove all personal details ) or if you prefer to send it through to one of the team, so that we can offer you some help and advice with this.

Have a browse around Nelly and have a go at drafting out a basic letter to Barclays, post it up here on your thread and we will help as much as we can.

Regards Budgie
    Last edited by Budgie; 1st September 2008, 16:22:PM.

Re: Nelly80 V Barclays

Hi, we have had a reply from the bank about financial hardship......
    'Thank you for taking time to complete and return budget planner. This has been passed on to department for review.
    We are also aware that you have lodged a separate complaint in respect of your historic bank charges. As we advised you previously, that complaint is now on hold and we are looking at what support you may need in relation to the financial hardship you claim you are experiencing.'
    How soon should the bank be in touch with a solution, and can we take it further if needed?
    Thanks

Comment

So Barclays are playing hardball

This may be a case for the FOS

Can you post how much the charges are that you are trying to reclaim and whether you have used the wording of the new waiver guidleines?

I think one last letter may be in order and then it is on to the FOS.

Are you trying to reclaim charges and get payments on a loan reduced?
      "What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

"Always reach for the moon, if you miss you'll end up among the stars"

Comment

Hi I claimed hardship back on 22nd June and after phonecalls otalling £57.00 of my mobile as I no longer have a house phone all I have received is exactly the same letter and I was told as I do not owe Barclays anything I was not hardship!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X