• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Laura V Llloyds - interim payment Offered and part paid

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laura V Llloyds - interim payment Offered and part paid

My son has built up nearly £3,000 charges from Lloyds Tsb since we last took them to court and got previous charges back in January 2007

They are charging him up to £300 a month for "unplanned overdraft fees" and returned "D/D fees". In May alone he received in charges £196 unplanned overdraft fee, £40 returned direct debit fee, £11.27 overdraft interest and £7.95 account charge for the type of account he has totalling charges of £255.22 he is on benefits which only his DLA of £250.40 goes into the bank per month and the bank takes this

They have not applied any thought to hardship or blocking of any charges and continously leave him and his partner and 3 children who are all dependant on Income Suppost penniless, things have got that bad I have even had to apply for a Social Services clothing grant for the children`s uniforms as my son and his partner are not in a position to even afford pairs of socks

The original overdraft was at £700 the bank have recently increased this to £1,360 to take their charges which had built up, the overdraft currently stands at £139.62 over the £1,360 limit

Both my son and his partner have severe learning difficulties and mental health problems the bank are adding to these problems as they have now informed them that they are applying £400 charges to the account on the 1st September, where on earth are Lloyds Tsb coming from? my sons partner as applied to the social fund for this £400, talk about robbing the poor

Any advice would be gratefully received, I feel like ringing the bank and letting them know how I feel about this. I have just left my sons partner in tears as my son cannot read and she is trying to keep all the upset from him for fear of him being admitted back to hospital with his mental health. He was in hospital for a month when his first financial problems started and built up with the bank so they are the cause of the poor finances at the bank, I am disgusted
    Last edited by Laura; 18th August 2008, 16:48:PM.

Re: Hardship cases

Laura

One of our members had a call from Lloyds re her hardship case late last week. They told her that a new department had just been set uo specifically to deal with hardship claims. In her case they froze all further charges and interest on her account. The number is 0845 600 0299. Try and speak to a John Bundy.

Also, under the conditions of the FSA waiver, banks have an obligation to 'filter' out hardship cases, deal with them sympathetically and to proccess claims for overdraft charge refunds.

See annex 2 in this document http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Re...sp_monthly.pdf

Comment

Hi Laura,

We can certainly try to help your Son get this situation sorted.

Have a look at the following thread and read some of the linked threads as well.

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ad.php?t=10053

I suggest that a telephone call or / and letter to the special department at lloyds ( as Exc has suggested ) is likely to bring you some success and we would be pleased to help you with that process.

Have a read and come back to us !!

Rgds Budgie

Comment

Thanks to you all need to get a letter off or whatever ASAP as they want £400 1st September what`s chances of getting the fees back ASAP they have unpaid bills because of this situation they must be living under enormous pressure for 2 people with so many personal health problems on top

Comment

Is it better to ring John Bundy or write if I do write it has to be on my sons behalf and so would a phone call so how should I approach this to write I need to know what to say and what address to send correspondence to

Comment

I would call the number yourself first and explain the situation. I'm sure they will give you the right address for any correspondance.

Comment

Will do but I suppose they will say can`t discuss situation it`s not my account?

Comment

If I was you I'd call them with your son standing by, explain his communication difficulties, put him on to them to go through security checks and then he can authorise you to take over from there

Comment

I am going to write to this John Bundy need address if anyone has it no idea what i`m going to put but will think of whats best to say on behalf of my son looked at template letters but my son hasn`t got a claim in with the courts I am in process of getting a friend to deal with this as i am quite poorly could do without dealing with this really

Comment

I don't have the address Laura - I don't think anyone has yet but I know it's in Brighton. Just call the number and ask for the address for him

Comment

The below is a basis of a letter form Jester (V first direct)

Try completing the circumstances under each heading the best you can and then your son or partner can sign the letter . Post up your first attempt and then we will try and help.

As you are no doubt aware, in the light of the ongoing test case hearing between the Office Of Fair Trading (hereby referred to as the OFT) and the leading high street banks regarding the fairness or otherwise of the bank charging regime, the FSA has today announced a new waiver to be put in place. The waiver will supercede the previous one issued in July 2007 and is not due to expire until January 2009.
                      Upon reading the conditions of the new waiver, I was extremely interested in the FSA’s definition of what constitutes Financial Hardship and believe we qualify for your assistance under these new guidelines. Therefore, I would like to bring to your attention the FSA’s definition of Financial Hardship and why I believe we qualify to have our claim dealt with on this basis.
                      The new FSA Waiver defines Financial Hardship in the following terms:
                      2. In making an assessment of financial difficulty the firm will take into account:

a. evidence of changes in lifestyle, including loss of employment; disability; serious illness; imprisonment; relationship breakdown; death of a partner; starting a lower paid job; parental/carer leave; and starting full-time education;
                      b. evidence of the following events:

Give details of present circumstances and reasons etc

i. items repeatedly being returned unpaid due to lack of available funds;

ii. failing to make loan repayments or other commitments;

iii. discontinuation of regular credits;

iv. notification of some form of insolvency or court proceedings;

v. regular requests for increased borrowing or repeated rescheduling of debts;

vi. making frequent cash withdrawals on a credit card at a non-promotional rate of interest

vii. repeatedly exceeding a credit card or overdraft limit without agreement (and, in this regard, where a complainant has incurred over £500 in unauthorised overdraft charges in the previous 12 months, that is to be treated as indicative of financial difficulty).
                      As you can see, we are in severe financial hardship. __________________
                      Our case is urgent and requires your immediate attention.. In the meantime I would request that you immediately freeze further interest and charges while our case is being considered...

enclose a spreadsheet of charges you are claiming

and if possible an I&E sheet.

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

"Always reach for the moon, if you miss you'll end up among the stars"

Comment

I appreciate the advise but have no idea how to do a spreadsheet I`m not technically minded only a housewife will have to put something together as best as I can, concerning John Bundy I rang the 0845 600 0299 number twice first thing this morning the lady told me it was Alliance & leicester insurance department that they did do insurance for LLoyds Tsb but didn`t know what bank charges had to do with them, so no joy finding John Bundy or his address really need a proper address or the bank can say the right person never got the letter

Comment

Laura V Llloyds

Hardship case claim details seperated

Comment

Re: Laura V Llloyds

I have printed off all my sons charges from February 2007 yesterday a friend is sending them off, I have heart problems at moment due for more tests at 10am so must go I am not supposed to be doing anything like this but have to I can`t leave my son like this, when i come back will post my response to John Bundy if I ever get hold of an address then comments/feedback etc would be appreciated

Comment

Re: Laura V Llloyds

Have you actually written to the Bank (Not Bundy) requesting these new charges back?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X