• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Elka And Barclays Bank

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elka And Barclays Bank

I am trying to help a young girl that I used to work with who is pregnant and is about to go on maternity leave at the end of next week. She is not married but lives with her longterm boyfriend. As I understand it the boyfriend is presently unemployed (I believe a Builder) but will get clarification, I believe his unemployement is due to the present economic climate.

She has ran up quite a few charges and is still receiving them.

I am going to ask them to complete a Income and Expenditure Budget sheet and try and I will also them ask them to provide some evidence to back this up so that I can build a claim for them, including whether he is receiving unemployement benefits etc. She has given me the bank statements, so I can do the charges spreadie and see whats what.

xx
    ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
    As I am not familar with Barclays the are two types of charges Account fee £14.50 and Paid referral fee £30.00 can both of these be claimed!!
    Last edited by TUTTSI; 15th August 2008, 17:58:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Re: Elka And Barclays Bank

the Account Fee is payment for the enhancef account, ie with travel insurance etc
    you cant claim it in the standard way, but you may be able to claim that it was added when it was not useful to your circumstances, i e mis\sold
    whatever get the account to a normal one and get rid of this fee

Comment

Re: Elka And Barclays Bank

I have now prepared two spreadies one for her and one for the boyfriend. Between them so far it is arround £300 + but I think I am missing Account fees for many months at approx £14.50 each as she has only given me the statements where they both incurred paid referral fees at £30. Maybe it is not possible to get a refund on the Account Fee, but it is worth a shot.

I have also asked them to complete a budget sheet and have asked them also to provide evidentary evidence if they are behind on any payments etc. I have also asked for confirmation of the boyfriends status ie if he is self employed/unemployed etc and whether he is getting unemployement benefits.

I can see from her bank statements that he pays her each month towards the rent.

When i have received more answers from them I will post further.

xx

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X