• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Executors duty to provide beneficary with accounts when requested

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Executors duty to provide beneficary with accounts when requested

Hi its sam I'm having no luck I've phond the probate office in London and Birmingham for a template how to draught a summons and a free David no luck they're telling me that I need legal advice please is there anyone out there that can help me with this just need a template of how to draught a summons and affidavit thank you

Comment

AFAIK the form required is N20 (find it here: https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pr...es/civil/forms)

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Hi its sam I'm having no luck I've phond the probate office in London and Birmingham for a template how to draught a summons and a free David no luck they're telling me that I need legal advice please is there anyone out there that can help me with this just need a template of how to draught a summons and affidavit thank you
        Hi Sam

Please tell us your situation, I assume you're an affected beneficiary. In general the law permits you access to any documents relating to the deceased's person estate in some circumstances. Tell us the terms of the deceased's Will or if you want copy and paste the Will on here would be even better. What is the problem with the executors in your circumstances that you say is similar to the person who we're helping on this thread? What action have to taken already to get this sorted out, ie have you made any written requests to the executor/ executors who are managing the deceased's estate? If so, have they outright said no, and or have they gave you any reasons as to why they will not provide the documents you request? It is probably enough to tell them what the law says if they're being awkward. Alternatively, is it worth getting a court order in your favour if they refuse said requests?

Comment

Hi its sam yes I am a concerned beneficiary to my mum's Estate she passed away in early last year 2015 the executors who are also beneficiaries seem to be dealing !probate wos granted October 2015 the estate consist of business properties and a house the business is run is by my two brothers who are the executors I believe they are running the business and keeping the profits for as long as they can delaying matters ie not moving forward I have wrote them 4 letters the last letter I wrote was a letter before claim they keep fobing me off saying that they will produce account before they finalize matters I believe they are keeping the estate as long as they can to make much profit as they can before they have to sell I want them to produce account now that I can see if everything is above board and there is no under handed business going on and make probate Court aware that a number of beneficiaries are not happy with the executors actions and for them to produce a inventory and account of their dealings with the deceased's estate now rather than later

Comment

Hi its sam yes I am a concerned beneficiary to my mum's Estate she passed away in early last year 2015 the executors who are also beneficiaries seem to be dealing !probate wos granted October 2015 the estate consist of business properties and a house the business is run is by my two brothers who are the executors I believe they are running the business and keeping the profits for as long as they can delaying matters ie not moving forward I have wrote them 4 letters the last letter I wrote was a letter before claim they keep fobing me off saying that they will produce account before they finalize matters I believe they are keeping the estate as long as they can to make much profit as they can before they have to sell I want them to produce account now that I can see if everything is above board and there is no under handed business going on and make probate Court aware that a number of beneficiaries are not happy with the executors actions and for them to produce a inventory and account of their dealings with the deceased's estate now rather than later
            Thank you for that Sam.

You never answered my questions about the Will. It is difficult to give my opinion without really knowing the facts/ terms of the Will. What does your deceased mum's Will state about the business properties and their running? Was it her intent for example to sell the businesses on her death? Are these two brothers who are still using the business properties to continue their business after your mum's passing the executors appointed in her Will? Is the profit from the business going to the estate or into the pockets of said two brothers? Why did you late mother not want to keep the business in the family?

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
              I'm actually surprised at not being shot down by reference to Trustees Act 2000 S35 (1) & (2) !
              Much easier.
              http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2000/29/section/35 ?
              CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
              Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
              gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
              The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

The law is Parliament makes statutes, ie Trustee Act 2000. The courts role in the UK's constitution is to interpret statute as Parliament intended. So it takes about a year for the said statute to be enacted and about a year or two furthermore for the party to test that section of the law at Court of Appeal level, that is by this court's statutory interpretation powers. Ie the Privy Counsel in Schmidt was heard in 2003 which has relevance to how subsequent cases (ie post Schmidt) with beneficiaries rights and their access to pertinent documents or other sources affecting their beneficial rights. So common law was established in Schmidt and post it whereas said Act was not yet tested.

Comment

Originally posted by Openlaw15 View Post
                  The law is Parliament makes statutes, ie Trustee Act 2000. The courts role in the UK's constitution is to interpret statute as Parliament intended. So it takes about a year for the said statute to be enacted and about a year or two furthermore for the party to test that section of the law at Court of Appeal level. Ie the Privy Counsel in Schmidt was heard in 2003 and later cases were heard post Schmidt. So common law was established in Schmidt and post it whereas said Act was not yet tested.
                  Thanks, Openlaw.

It seems to me that the quoted Schedule puts executors (Personal Representatives) under the same/similar duties & personal liabilities as those of trustees.
                  CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                  Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                  gets his brain a-going.
                  Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                  The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                    Thanks, Openlaw.

It seems to me that the quoted Schedule puts executors (Personal Representatives) under the same/similar duties & personal liabilities as those of trustees.
                    Yes Charity this is the essence of the Trustee Act 2000...anything which applies to Trustees is also affective to Executors. This is logical and reasonable hence my earlier discussion.

Comment

Hi its sam no one has answered my question where can I get a template forms required to compel an executor to provide a inventory an account of their dealings with the estate

Comment

Hi its sam no one has answered my question where can I get a template forms required to compel an executor to provide a inventory an account of their dealings with the estate
                        Sam, just quote the law we have provided on this thread. If you want, you can write a letter to the executor but before you send it off, I'll amend it with the legal stuff, ok? There is no template that am aware of for what you're asking. It's just a case of providing a persuasive letter to the executor or contact a relevant lawyer.

Comment

Hi its sam after making a number of phone calls to probate court I have been told the form required is a summons form which I have been sent a copy of from the probate Court and affidavit from myself summons form some of it I can understand how to fill it but there's a part where I would like help with. . Summons form. .. in the High Court of Justice principal Registry of family division. . ( probate). . In the estate of. (deceased). .of( last known address). ... who died on( date of death). .. between. Applicant. .and. respondent .let. attend before. . The district judge sitting in court at the principle registry of the family division. Then the address or depending on what part of country or in. .. .am/pm. The day. Of. 2016. . On the hearing on an application. . On the part of. ..for. .. dated. The. Day of. 2016. .. ... This is what I have been told I need to fill can you help me filling it in please

Comment

Hi its sam after making a number of phone calls to probate court I have been told the form required is a summons form which I have been sent a copy of from the probate Court and affidavit from myself summons form some of it I can understand how to fill it but there's a part where I would like help with. . Summons form. .. in the High Court of Justice principal Registry of family division. . ( probate). . In the estate of. (deceased). .of( last known address). ... who died on( date of death). .. between. Applicant. .and. respondent .let. attend before. . The district judge sitting in court at the principle registry of the family division. Then the address or depending on what part of country or in. .. .am/pm. The day. Of. 2016. . On the hearing on an application. . On the part of. ..for. .. dated. The. Day of. 2016. .. ... This is what I have been told I need to fill can you help me filling it in please
                            Sam, have you told the executor the law first for executors providing beneficiaries with estate balances etc?

Comment

Yes four letters up until now I sent to them I explained that the beneficiaries are entitled to inventory and account last letter I sent was marked letter before claim

Comment

Yes four letters up until now I sent to them I explained that the beneficiaries are entitled to inventory and account last letter I sent was marked letter before claim
                                Sam did you quote the law to them as we have put on this thread?
                                Last edited by Openlaw15; 19th May 2016, 09:35:AM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X