• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Yes Car Credit/Direct Auto Finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yes Car Credit/Direct Auto Finance

Hi Bill K
    A million thanks for your very informative post to my problem. My lptop is playing up a bit and i am having minor difficulties going online even after I have wiped laptop. Don't know if its laptop or just service provider. I am presuming that there is a section in the FSA handbook about PPI redress. If you could tell me what the P/S 10/12 is about. I don't want you to have to do my legwork for me but its just that it is tricky sometimes when I am online. If I can get my friend to scan my rejection letter from FOS onto his computer as don't have scanner and maybe he could copy it onto a usb stick and hopefully I can post it here for all to see. Once again many thanks for taking the time and effort to reply to my post/thread, don't know which as I am a newbie

Comment

Me - I just copy+pasted some of my "fave" FSA rules to back up Militant's post. Mil and Di know their stuff, and experience is what matters here.

Policy Statement PS 10/12 was evolved in 2010 by the FSA as the response to an earlier consultation document concerning the mis-selling of PPI. It encapsulated the current rules by which the FOS (and thus the lenders) are now expected to follow. The entire PS 10/12 Policy Statement is here:

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/policy/ps10_12.pdf

Peeps like Cel, Ame & EXC can understand it better than I can, but the relevant PPI stuff is in Appendices 1 and 2. Appendix 1 is the 'essential' PPI Redress Handbook (including the 'DISP APP 3' quotes above) - and App. 2 shows examples.

Comment

Oh - and a 'thread' is a whole 'topic' from start to finish (as in a "Helpppp!!!" - to a "Thanks guys - I'm off to celebrate !!!")

A 'post' is just a single message 'posted up' into a 'thread,' as a part of that discussion.

So....this little pile of text is my 'post' - posted in a 'thread' which was actually started by "BloomingFlower."

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X