• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Buchanan Clark & Wells

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buchanan Clark & Wells

Hi all,

new here. Just need to get some info.

I have a letter from a company called Buchanan Clark & Wells, (or BCW) there is no indication of a DCA and no indication of being a solicitor.

I have searched for the CCL but could only find Historic data for them.

How can I find out if they are CCL holder and licensed to collect debts.

I am not disputing the debt but I have no previous knowledge of trhe debt being passed around all and sundry.

Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Buchanan Clark & Wells

You can check licensing on the OFT website, although this only covers 'regulated activities'.

There is other advice here on this site about dealing with DCAs eg asking to prove entitlement.

Comment

Is this the first contact from BCW and have they identified this debt ?

Comment

Here is their licence details......not much help there I'm afraid........but you can ask them for the Master deed of Assignment for the debt they are chasing you for

Sparkie

CCA Search :: CCA Search Results :: Licence Details

Application / Licence Details

Licence Number:0603076
        Licence Status:Current

Current Applicant / Licensee:

Business NameCompany Registration NumberBCW Group LimitedSC 223606

Categories:

Consumer credit Credit brokerage Credit reference agency Debt collecting Provision of debt-adjusting on a commercial basis Provision of debt-counselling on a commercial basis

Right To Canvass Off Trade Premises:No

Trading Name(s) (Current):

APS Assisted Probate Services BCW Buchanan Clark & Wells Buchanan Clark & Wells LTD Wallace Bruce

Issued Date: 16-Oct-2007
        Expiry Date: 16-Oct-2012

Legal Formation:

Body Corporate (incorporated inside UK)

Current Individuals that run the organisation:

NamePositionBryan MountOfficerDavid Waite Irene Hood Saunders Jacqueline Sharpe Lars Denecker Nielsen Trond Kristian Andreassen

Historic Individuals that run the organisation:

NamePositionAndrew Sawyers McCormick

Historic Organisations that run the organisation:

NameCompany Registration NumberPositionHMS Secretaries LtdSC 143239Officer

Nature of Business:

Other

Current Address(es):

Address TypeAddressPrincipal Place Of Business24, George Square, GLASGOW, G2 1EG, United Kingdom

Historic Address(es):

Address TypeAddressCorrespondence24, George Square, Glasgow, G2 1EG, UKCorrespondence24, George Square, GLASGOW, G2 1EG, United KingdomPrincipal Place Of Business24, George Square, GLASGOW, G2 1EG, United KingdomRegistered Office24, George Square, Glasgow, G2 1EG, UKRegistered Office24, George Square, GLASGOW, G2 1EG, United Kingdom

Comment

Originally posted by Curlyben View Post
          Is this the first contact from BCW and have they identified this debt ?
          Hi, yes. They have identified the debt. It was originally passed to the solicitors but for some reason it has now been passed to this company whom I have never had any knowledge of. No letters apart from "Our client DEMANDS payment"

Comment

BCW are very well known, as are the solicitors they use. If you have received no Notice of Assignment from either the Original Creditor or BCW I would send them a Prove It letter to establish their right to be collecting on this debt. You don't want to start paying the wrong people.

Comment

I completely agree with this advice from Caspar. Don't pay them if they cannot prove that you owe them anything or have any obligation to do so.

Comment

All.

Thanks for the advice. I will send them a prove it thingy.

Trouble is they now have my EX DIRECTORY telephone number from somewhere

Comment

Originally posted by Anon E Muss View Post
                  All.

Thanks for the advice. I will send them a prove it thingy.

Trouble is they now have my EX DIRECTORY telephone number from somewhere

Change your number. Tell your providor you're being inundated with nuisance calls by someone who's obtained your number. Should be free (or very cheap) to change. When, or if you call someone remember to put 147 before the number dialled, that will hide your number. Also if they insist they need your number just tell them your number is 00000 000 000, they won't believe you but will get the point.

Comment

Hi there
                    I remember back just a few years ago receiving a letter from this company, we were then in hardship, and tried making ends meets but despite that it seemed that lloyds had forwarded our details on to these, but it wasn't long when it was all back with Lloyds collections again.

Good luck on this.

Comment

B.C.W.

Hmmmm....what do the initials stand for?

Comment

Have you looked at Flextel?

Comment

Originally posted by alsagerman View Post
                          Change your number. Tell your providor you're being inundated with nuisance calls by someone who's obtained your number. Should be free (or very cheap) to change. When, or if you call someone remember to put 147 before the number dialled, that will hide your number. Also if they insist they need your number just tell them your number is 00000 000 000, they won't believe you but will get the point.
                          Hi Alsagerman

Not quite that simple. I have a Sky triple play and it will take 8 weeks to get a new number and I cannot afford to be without my landline/internet for that long asI need to keep in touch with my fiance in SE Asia.

Anyways, I have sent the "Prove It" thingy and requested all in writing, also told them I will refuse any telephone calls, house calls and if so I will report them under the harrasment rules.

Thanks for the help

Comment

Originally posted by Anon E Muss View Post
                            Hi Alsagerman

Not quite that simple. I have a Sky triple play and it will take 8 weeks to get a new number and I cannot afford to be without my landline/internet for that long asI need to keep in touch with my fiance in SE Asia.

Anyways, I have sent the "Prove It" thingy and requested all in writing, also told them I will refuse any telephone calls, house calls and if so I will report them under the harrasment rules.

Thanks for the help
                            Understood "Anon". For what it's worth I would agree with your course of action re: everything in writing, not that that will stop them ofcourse. There is a machine (as seen on Dragons Den) called Truecall. This will block any calls you don't want to accept, could be worth a look.

Comment

Originally posted by alsagerman View Post
                              Understood "Anon". For what it's worth I would agree with your course of action re: everything in writing, not that that will stop them ofcourse. There is a machine (as seen on Dragons Den) called Truecall. This will block any calls you don't want to accept, could be worth a look.
                              TrueCall is brilliant - I have one, but TBH not worth the £100 it costs from one group pestering you.

Look at Flextel - just google it. You could give them this number happily and it would record the calls for you. A one off fee to buy the number, as little as £2.00 and you can choose for it to be regional, 0870, 0871 etc.... Some of them even pay you for using the service. Sounds too good to be true - it isn't! I know someone who uses it and there are no hidden catches they've discovered so far.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X