• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

How do I get out of a loan agreement with train4jobs?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How do I get out of a loan agreement with train4jobs?

It says that is level 3

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
      Yep I was only going by the title on the sign up form, the plumbing craft is this one ( have to scroll down a bit to see the open tab for level 2 )

Do you have any practical workshops to attend during the course ? or are you working in the industry already ?
      Candidates will be assessed by on-demand multiple choice tests (available through the City & Guilds assessment platform e-volve) and practical assignments.
      C&G recognised provider linked with MIS are
      ERR LTD
      96-100 Luton Road
      1 Kinsbourne Court
      Harpenden
      AL5 3BL
      GB
      Web: www.errltd.co.uk

BPEC wise it'd be
      Bright Futures Construction Ltd 56 Collingdon Street Luton
      LU1 1RX
      but MIS aren't recognised themselves, so see what C&G and BPEC come back with off of your enquiry - if they say the qualifications cannot be awarded by MIS you have a good reason for cancellation. The difficult point is the sign up form doesn't state the specific qualifications you have signed up for - only 'Domestic Plumbing & Heating Foundation' - so do you have anything else in the documents that says what the qualification is you are working on ?

http://bpec.org.uk/qualification/dip-plumb-heat-2/ for the BPEC Level 2
      The L2 NVQ Plumbing and Heating qualification requires the completion of centre based knowledge and practical assessments and workplace-based performance assessments and is designed for individuals carrying out the installation, commissioning, de-commissioning, servicing and maintenance of domestic plumbing and heating systems.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

The rep said that I would be a qualified to work as a plumber at the end of 12 months, I now know this is false, Is there nothing that can be done?

Comment

Yip, misrepresentation possibly, I'm just trying to find out the actual situation. Are you employed in the industry already ? Does the course involve any practical training/experience ?
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

I have been told that I would have to travel to the City and Guilds approved training centre in Wolverhampton. I do not work in the plumbing industry

Comment

Did the salesrep inform you of that before you signed up?
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

No, after I had signed is when he gave me all the paper work

Comment

And is the information about the wolverhampton course in the paperwork ?
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

Not that I can see! Do you think there might be something I can do!?

Comment

Yes, if you feel the course was misrepresented to you you should make a complaint.

It sounds like the course doesn't give you the qualifications you were told it would and you weren't informed about any practical element of the course - I think your first step in that case is to write to Metropolitan and ask exactly which qualification you would receive on completion of the 12 months and whether there is any practical element to the course, as you were informed you would received x,y,z qualifications, were not told about any pratical training requirement, and now you have started the course you are concerned that the course won't actually give you the qualifications to be a qualified plumber which is what you were told before signing up. Could they clarify the situation please as you feel the course has been misrepresented to you and are considering cancellation.
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

I have spoken with BPEC and they siad they do not accredit train4jobs nor Metropolitan International Schools, is their anything I can do now???

Comment

I was informed when I started the course that I would be awarded certificates at the end of the 12 month course, I have just spoken to train4jobs who have just informed me that there are no qualifications or certificates at the end of the course, this must be clear misrepresentation ! what do you suggest I do?

Comment

Add that in to your letter.

However, it does state on their website
                            *All BPEC qualifications via BPEC approved training centres
                            http://train4jobs.co.uk/trades/plumbers

But if you weren't told about attending anywhere to do practical elements of the course.... you've been misled.

So the main questions are;
                            Did the salesguy tell you it would give you a BPEC and C&G qualification ?
                            Did the salesguy say anything about practical elements ?
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Their website does state that, which is a lie, surely just on that basis I can leave the agreement! I was told that i would receive BPEC qualifications in 12 months which both are not true!

Comment

Originally posted by JonPearson View Post
                                I was informed when I started the course that I would be awarded certificates at the end of the 12 month course, I have just spoken to train4jobs who have just informed me that there are no qualifications or certificates at the end of the course, this must be clear misrepresentation ! what do you suggest I do?
                                Originally posted by JonPearson View Post
                                Their website does state that, which is a lie, surely just on that basis I can leave the agreement! I was told that i would receive BPEC qualifications in 12 months which both are not true!
                                Yip misrepresentation.

Basic start point for a letter https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/co...-and-services/

Have a draft and post it up
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X