• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

How to stop Debt Collection Phone Calls

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How to stop Debt Collection Phone Calls

Thanks for this valuable thread ,I have registered my number with donotcallguard.com to avoid malicious call and harasment calls.Just activate DND service with this online service which is indirectly connected with government's telecommunication departments.

Comment

Originally posted by MaryBurns View Post
      Thanks for this valuable thread ,I have registered my number with donotcallguard.com to avoid malicious call and harasment calls.Just activate DND service with this online service which is indirectly connected with government's telecommunication departments.
      Mary is the service FREE and is the service based in the UK and compliant with UK Law?
      "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
      (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
        Mary is the service FREE and is the service based in the UK and compliant with UK Law?
        Neither! Having seen the site of question, it smells strongly of

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
          Fried?

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post

FP, ever heard the phrase rhetorical question? That was the one I was asking them all afternoon until Sapphire banned them
            "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
            (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

A TrueCall machine will eradicate ALL unwanted calls. They are starting to come up on EBay etc... now from those who bought them and have never used them. An absolutely brilliant piece of kit and you can choose exactly who you want and do not want to get through to you on the phone.

Keep your eyes out for them second hand, or fork out £100 odd for a new one - the best £100 I spent. I know it's a lot of money, but it records all calls, and does most other things short of making the tea in the morning.

Comment

There's an easy solution, that's worked for me. I say that I don't know where they are, and wish that I did, because they also owe me money. They don't call back.

Comment

Originally posted by lachlansievier View Post
                  There's an easy solution, that's worked for me. I say that I don't know where they are, and wish that I did, because they also owe me money. They don't call back.
                  If you are being hassled by creditors ringing, you may want to look at this: http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...om+harrassment

Originally posted by celestine View Post
                  http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWCA/Civ/2013/882.html

Following the brilliant result in Roberts v Bank of Scotland PLC [2013] EWCA Civ 882

Ms Roberts brought a county court claim for harassment following 6 months of telephone calls at a rate of approx 3 per day.
                  She won
                  the Bank then appealed and lost badly Giving all consumers a nice Court of Appeal binding precedent of £7500 damages for the level of harassment she experienced.

This result is HIGHLY significant to anyone receiving intrusive levels of phone harassment for debts. Basically, once you tell them you don't want the calls, they can only resort to legal proceedings to 'encourage' payment. Telephoning you night and day is simply NOT acceptable.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X