• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ebay, Gumtree & Autotrader Vehicle / Car Scams

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ebay, Gumtree & Autotrader Vehicle / Car Scams

When was the money transferred?

The money transferred will have been removed within a matter of hours, the £24 odd will be all that remained in the account when Barclays were made aware
    Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Originally posted by Tools View Post
      When was the money transferred?

The money transferred will have been removed within a matter of hours, the £24 odd will be all that remained in the account when Barclays were made aware
      Yeah, the money went through on the 9th of March 2016. The machine, a manitou, should have been delivered on the 11th. Amy emailed on the Friday saying she was unable to get it delivered on the Friday, but it was booked for receipt on the Monday 14th between 17:00 & 18:00
      it never showed!
      that was when I put her name and email address into Google, then contacted the bank!
      her email address was amy@eeglobal.co.uk
      she also used amy138@eeglobal.co.uk
      AND.....
      her mobile number was
      07913 677749
      i typed the email address (amy138) in eBay and it came up as an eBay user in Portsmouth!!!!
      hope this helps a little too!!!!

Comment

Thanks Simon, I've passed it through to Barclays Fraud Dept and will see what they come back with.
        Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

Comment

"Amy" is alive and well and still selling on EBay. A motorhome this time. When we expressed interest, the listing was removed and we received a text asking if we were still interested and if so, to email a reply to amy@abtpro.CO.UK. Upon doing so, we received a response saying that the vehicle was currently in Scotland where Amy is currently working but that we could pay and she would have the motorhome delivered. We countered with the request that my husband fly up to view it and drive it back. Her response was that we would be protected through EBay and PayPal and included a link to the eBay policy. Luckily I was very sceptical and Googled the email address which directed me to this forum. I did attempt to report this to eBay and was told that the member name shown on the listing had been compromised. Just proves once more that if something seems too good to be true, it probably is.

Comment

Did she send you a bank account or ' invoice' to pay per chance ?

Good to hear you avoided this scam, well done, and thank you for letting us know.
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
              Did she send you a bank account or ' invoice' to pay per chance ?

Good to hear you avoided this scam, well done, and thank you for letting us know.

"She" asked for my PayPal details which I did not send. I did, however, ask her if she would send her banking details to me as I saw that you had asked someone else to do that in order that they might be forwarded to you. As of now, she has not responded. I will certainly let you know if this goes any further. I'm just glad that I found this thread to confirm what I already expected.

Comment

Amy just sent me an Invoice...for a T5 Campervan, here are the transfer details....

Bank Details
                Payee: Account number: Sort code:

A Presecanu 30413222 56-00-05

- - - Updated - - -

[COLOR=rgb(16.471000%, 16.471000%, 16.471000%)]Payee:
                Account number:Sort code:
                [/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgb(16.471000%, 16.471000%, 16.471000%)]A Presecanu3041322256-00-05[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgb(16.471000%, 16.471000%, 16.471000%)]*Bacs, CHAPS and Faster Payments are accepted. [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Twillings57 View Post
                  "Amy" is alive and well and still selling on EBay. A motorhome this time. When we expressed interest, the listing was removed and we received a text asking if we were still interested and if so, to email a reply to amy@abtpro.CO.UK. Upon doing so, we received a response saying that the vehicle was currently in Scotland where Amy is currently working but that we could pay and she would have the motorhome delivered. We countered with the request that my husband fly up to view it and drive it back. Her response was that we would be protected through EBay and PayPal and included a link to the eBay policy. Luckily I was very sceptical and Googled the email address which directed me to this forum. I did attempt to report this to eBay and was told that the member name shown on the listing had been compromised. Just proves once more that if something seems too good to be true, it probably is.
                  this is exactly what she said to us, she's in Scotland. And the whole eBay/PayPal thing is identical too, she sends a link that looks like a PayPal invoice, but it's a fake PayPal. It even sends you a payment confirmation from PayPal, except it's not really PayPal!

if you look up the email addresses she uses, they are still currently used on PayPal, autotrader, and other selling sites!
                  how to stop her? I have no idea!
                  how she can get away with this is farcical!
                  she ripped us off to a tune of £4,400 and we will probably never get that back. She's got to be stopped from stealing from more people and prosecuted somehow!
                  its just not right!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Norfolkungood View Post
                    Amy just sent me an Invoice...for a T5 Campervan, here are the transfer details....

Bank Details
                    Payee: Account number: Sort code:

A Presecanu 30413222 56-00-05

Many thanks for that, will update you when I can.

Well done for realising it was a scam and for finding us, the more people that can post about these scams and include as much info as possible the better as it helps prevent others falling foul of theses scammers.
                    [MENTION=83772]Simon2475[/MENTION] Barclays were already aware of that one and it was closed down 23rd March

Comment

Sadly any email addresses, telephone numbers etc are untraceable and "Amy" or whatever incarnation they use does not exist. These are highly organised criminals, many have links to other criminal activities such as narcotics, people trafficking and terrorism funding.

Comment

Sadly any email addresses, telephone numbers etc are untraceable and "Amy" or whatever incarnation they use does not exist. These are highly organised criminals, many have links to other criminal activities such as narcotics, people trafficking and terrorism funding.
                        But surely there has to be a real person to be able to open a bank account?
                        those people are being protected by the banks too! (Barclays Bank allegedly opening up the account "in good faith" not knowing that it was a fake account used to defraud many people out of many thousands of pounds and therefore deciding not to do anything about it)
                        thinking of the I.D. You need yo to open a bank account, there must be a way to at least do something about those people?

this internet crime seems to be becoming more and more common now, perhaps there should be more government issued adverts to enlighten people about how easy it is to become a victim like us!
                        i mean, we aren't stupid people, but obviously we were too trusting and naive and when you see PayPal comments, one tends to trust them! Especially when there's a "PayPal" confirmation notification......
                        or so you are led to believe!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Simon2475 View Post
                          this is exactly what she said to us, she's in Scotland. And the whole eBay/PayPal thing is identical too, she sends a link that looks like a PayPal invoice, but it's a fake PayPal. It even sends you a payment confirmation from PayPal, except it's not really PayPal!

if you look up the email addresses she uses, they are still currently used on PayPal, autotrader, and other selling sites!
                          how to stop her? I have no idea!
                          how she can get away with this is farcical!
                          she ripped us off to a tune of £4,400 and we will probably never get that back. She's got to be stopped from stealing from more people and prosecuted somehow!
                          its just not right!!!!

Good morning All

Just a quick mail as "Amy" is still selling on E-Bay and so please beware of the following listing:
                          http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VOLKSWAGEN...wAAOSw-RRXBfIg
                          I was contacted by "Amy" using her current mail address of amy@btmarket.co.uk with the following response:

Hello,
                          I still have the campervan for sale, the condition is excellent and it has no damages or any faults. All necessary documents available. My current location is Scotland due to my work commitments. If this is going to be a quick sale, I will let it go for £7,500 delivered at my costs.
                          The deal will go through eBay and PayPal.
                          Thank you

Amy

Thankfully I realised it was a scam pretty quickly and found this forum with a quick search! Any suggestions as to who "she" can be reported too?

Cheers

Dave

Comment

Hi Bald Eagle, well done for noticing it was a scam and thank you for reporting it here, it helps others in the same situation.

The normal course of action is to report it to eBay and also Action Fraud. If you would like to help a little further and are comfortable with it, you could always keep talking with the scammer until they pass on bank details for sending the payment to. Once you have that "invoice" pass it on to me and I can get it closed with whichever bank.

As a reminder to you and anyone that does this, never click on any links or open documents such as Word, PDF or Zip files contained in an email as they may contain viruses or malware.

Comment

Hi Bald Eagle, well done for noticing it was a scam and thank you for reporting it here, it helps others in the same situation.

The normal course of action is to report it to eBay and also Action Fraud. If you would like to help a little further and are comfortable with it, you could always keep talking with the scammer until they pass on bank details for sending the payment to. Once you have that "invoice" pass it on to me and I can get it closed with whichever bank.

As a reminder to you and anyone that does this, never click on any links or open documents such as Word, PDF or Zip files contained in an email as they may contain viruses or malware.
                              Hi Tools thanks a million for taking the time to post some advice and I reported Amy's listing over the weekend and it has been duly removed. Whether this was due to E-Bay taking action or "Amy" did this herself we will probably never know!
                              To be honest I do not think Amy would respond to me any-more as there has been no correspondence between us for a number of days. Anyway Tools keep up the good work and I really hope whoever is behind this is caught asap... :-)
                              Cheers
                              Dave

Comment

Hi all,

I'm currently in "negotiations" for a T5 located in Dundee, Scotland.
                                I said I'd collect whilst visiting family close by and sure enough that was not an option.

I've "agreed" to have it delivered so I'll update this with "invoices" etc when I receive something off Amy.
                                Still using amy@abtpro.co.uk too.

Lee.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X