• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Sparkie

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sparkie

I know of someone whose son is on the autistic spectrum; very bright but sometimes a little 'bouncy'.

The 'powers that be' have, in their infinite wisdom, decided he should be given 'Prozac' (or the generic equivalent).

The mother has resisted this due to known (potentially fatal) possible side effects on children.

They have threatened to label her as a negligent mother.
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
      I know of someone whose son is on the autistic spectrum; very bright but sometimes a little 'bouncy'.

The 'powers that be' have, in their infinite wisdom, decided he should be given 'Prozac' (or the generic equivalent).

The mother has resisted this due to known (potentially fatal) possible side effects on children.

They have threatened to label her as a negligent mother.

That's disgusting

TINKS XX

Comment

Originally posted by TINKEY2 View Post
        That's disgusting

TINKS XX
        I agree, Tinkey.

A multi-agency, 'Pontius Pilate' method to absolve themselves of blame & responsibility.

After all, 'they' couldn't possibly be wrong!

Could they?
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

My heart goes out to you Sparkie I worked, as a nurse/carer in care homes and hospitals.
          Don't know what happens these days but there were times when I did not know what to do with a restless person but could only leave a report for who ever was taking over.(I worked nights).
          I think you should also raise a concern about the home that M went to, if they made a medication error for her what is happening to the other residents?
          x
          Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

That certainly hasn't been a pleasant experience Sparkie mate especially when you were probably just getting over the rawness of the feelings of letting m go there in the first place. My brother has the same issues with his father in law who has been in a care home now for a long time with dementia. As per normal the route cause will be money causing either overworked staff, understaffed periods or military style text book approaches to a caring profession.

Comment

Thanks to everyone who has posted their comments..............I really appreciate it very much........that ordeal is in the past now ...Margie is as good as can be expected, and I'm sorry.......WE ( the family) are coping much much better.
              Thanks again
              Sparkie

Comment

This is so serious, the amount of medication given could have killed M.

The police should have been involved. The staff member who gave it should have been suspended pending investigation. I'm a carer and that's what my company would have done. You don't male those sort of "mistakes" with medication.

TINKS XX

Comment

Having experienced much the same I really feel it for you Sparkie. #
                  Keep strong
                  xx

Comment

Things are much better all round .........there is a care package in place where we have a companion who comes and sees to M's needs for two days one week and one the following 10.00 am to 6.00 pm she is 26 and is very experienced in cases like Margaret.............she also sleeps over night 2 nights a week to give me a break to have an undisturbed sleep. should M have one of her restless roaming all night episodes. She takes care of that.
                    Margarets eldest daughter Kim sleeps over on the nights Stacey the carer can't so overall the load off me has been lifted considerably.
                    We think that we have got her medication well balanced ............and Margaret is much happier in herself all round which I feel so much happier about ............if everyone had a family like I have................what a belting life they would have.......God Bless our girls.....and Thank You everyone on L/B who has and is giving me their support.

Sparkie

Comment

Haven't posted on here lately because things have been much much better all round, but yesterday had a bit of an upset ...........I had just started to do Margie's breakfast and she went to the loo, ( we have a loo and shower downstairs as well) she manages that quite well but I heard a hell of a bang she had tried to get up of the loo ( we have one of those toilet extensions supplied by the welfare) Its one of the latest its red in colour because it has been discovered that red is the last colour dementure sufferers remember .
                      Any way the clips holding it on are plastic and it had come unclipped and she fell on to her right side and banged her temple against the wall. her head come up the size of an egg ( NO exaggeration) .

Hurt her pretty bad......................hurt the bottom of her spine as well she's getting too old for knocks like this.
                      Called the doctor out to get her checked out.........he came and said she was fine and checked her skull to feel if she could have caused a crack but all OK when I told him how she did he said let me have a look at the seat.
                      He immediately said it was not safe and he would contact the welfare and tell them we wanted a more secure piece of equipment.
                      So she is OK swelling has gone down a lot but she tells me it hurts poor soul......she doesn't remember how she did it that's the worst about it.
                      Even thought things are 100% better its still B******y hard work, but I've got wide shoulders, I was only 15 ft away from the toilet when she crashed off the seat
                      Just letting peeps know how she is doing.
                      Thanks
                      Sparkie

Comment

Oh how aweful hope she recovers xxx
                        Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

Originally posted by dogtired View Post
                          Oh how aweful hope she recovers xxx
                          Thanks dogtired, She is fine and her usual mostly happy self, she has her moments of turmoil but she's OK.

Sparkie

Comment

Hi mate

Glad that all's well; it could have been a lot worse.
                            Wishing M a swi.......er, speedy recovery.
                            & keep a paper trail of evidence. (Why do I feel I'm trying to teach Granny to suck eggs, lol?!)
                            CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Hi sparkie, pleased things seem to be going ok. Not quite sure what kind of toilet extension you have been given or why it would suddenly just come away as seems to have happened. Did it move as M was trying to get up ? whatever reason it's not good and needs addressing. Falls are one of the worst things that can happen to knock any ones confidence let alone a Dementia sufferer. I suggest when it is repaired and checked over properly it is agreed it is the right adaption for Ms needs.
                              Yes it is hard work and no matter how wide your shoulders are do not for a minute believe they are wide enough to take everything that comes your way.
                              All the best sparkie xx

Comment

Originally posted by enaid View Post
                                Hi sparkie, pleased things seem to be going ok. Not quite sure what kind of toilet extension you have been given or why it would suddenly just come away as seems to have happened. Did it move as M was trying to get up ? whatever reason it's not good and needs addressing. Falls are one of the worst things that can happen to knock any ones confidence let alone a Dementia sufferer. I suggest when it is repaired and checked over properly it is agreed it is the right adaption for Ms needs.
                                Yes it is hard work and no matter how wide your shoulders are do not for a minute believe they are wide enough to take everything that comes your way.
                                All the best sparkie xx
                                Thanks enaid,
                                Yes it cane adrift as she was trying to get up, its all plastic even the clips are plastic but oly one each side there isn't one at the front, Our GP said its not safe and not good enough .......he is pushing a few buttons ....he has been M's GP for over 39 years and knows her very well and is truly concerned that this could happen again if something is not done about it.
                                I watch M extra closely now,,,,,,,,,,, as I should have done if I had it would never have happened, she gets a bit agitated then otherwise she is doing OK
                                But she still has some of her pride left she is not happy I watch her like I do when she goes to the Loo.
                                Sparkie

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X