• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ebay, Gumtree & Autotrader Vehicle / Car Scams

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Barclays and vehicle scam via ebay and gumtree

Originally posted by megyas View Post
    Hi, we cannot seem to get anyone very interested in what happened to us yesterday. Same scam over the purchase of a Fiat 500 on ebay price £4250. We have the barclays bank details and also the man's address in Enfield. But he also phoned me today so I have his mobile phone number 07866 536582. Sean Collins, obviously not his real name. This information is for anyone with on going police investigations. Come on Barclays-get these accounts closed down.
    Sean Collins? Wouldn't be seancollins1s@yahoo.co.uk by any chance? That email address was used in several scams under the seller ID "skent81", including a Fiat 500 which can be found at http://ebayscamhunter.blogspot.co.uk...ite-power.html

Here's another scammer's bank details. I've got a "spare" eBay account (with a fake home address) that I use to put in stupidly-high bids to win scams where eBay doesn't take action, this was one example where "Louis Pearce" (pearcels9, pearcels932@gmail.com) thought he'd bagged £3,700:
    Account holder: L.R Falcao
    Sort code: 203616
    Account: 93699862
    IBAN: GB93BARC20361693699862
    Bank BIC: BARCGB22
    Branch BIC: 06B
    20-36-16 is the Hampstead branch of Barclays.

The eBay Scam Hunter blog, by the way, is mine.
    Last edited by Rod Jones; 6th April 2013, 21:53:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Celestine View Post
      Would any of the 'victims' posting on this thread like to share their experiences with a talented BBC journalist who has noticed this scam?

If so please PM me your contact details and brief summary of events and I shall pass your details onto this journalist.
      If something comes of this and the journalist is also interested in the eBay Scam Hunter blog as part of the same story, post on here (I'm getting email updates for this thread) and I'll see if I can help.

Comment

Hi to all that have been scammed by Christine Burnea we have just been done out of £3,500 for a conway crusader folding camper, arrived inn Aberfeldy to pick it up and the address existed but camper did not. The house owner told us we were the third set of people since last week to turn up for things, one was a couple from London for a Caravan. I have reported it to ebay and also the police who are coming to see me today. Same Barclays account as you all paid into sort code 20 53 33 / 23334678. Why is ebay still allowing the seller to be active, it is still for sale, absolutely fuming !!!!!!!

Comment

Re: Ebay & Gumtree Vehicle Scam. Barclays provide Fraudsters Accounts

In my opinion, if a fraudster is reported to eBay and eBay takes no action to prevent further frauds by that "seller", eBay could be held liable for any losses incurred after they had been notified.

Even if eBay suspects or has been told that an account has been hacked or hijacked, they should suspend all trading activity until the matter can be resolved.

Additionally, the eBay rules need to be changed so that all transactions over a certain limit (£500 ?) must use a reputable escrow service such http://www.escrow.com, as this will make the fraud more difficult if not actually impossible.

Comment

Am I being overly thick and completely missing something here? Why are people paying up front for vehicles/goods they have not actually laid eyes on,,as in touched the thing to prove it's real??

Comment

Originally posted by Inca View Post
              Am I being overly thick and completely missing something here?
              The punters think they're getting a bargain.

Why are people paying up front for vehicles/goods they have not actually laid eyes on,,as in touched the thing to prove it's real??
              As Otis P. Criblecoblis famously remarked, "Never give a sucker an even break."

Comment

Hi to everybody who has posted on this scam. Unfortunately I too got caught, luckily I twigged after paying over a deposit of £1000 for a car and not the full amount.I obviously contacted ebay and they basically were seen to be doing nothing. I did email the supposed owner of the seller and found the poor woman distraught; her id had been hacked and then closed down by ebay. Action fraud are a joke, The Police deserve the name plod, Financial ombudsman a waste of time, FCA toothless, Barclays dont care, MP hasn't even replied. What do you do? Well I have written to Barclays CEO and told him by recorded delivery that I intend to sue in the small claims division of the county court for my money back as It can be demonstrated that they have not taken due care, and it could be argued that they are guilty of facilitating a crime and then of aiding the laundering and transmission of the proceeds of crime. I will give them 2 weeks to reply, not the 8 weeks specified by the Ombudsman etc, then another letter giving 7 days notice. After that a straight summons when they can argue their case in a court. I am entirely fed up with the seeming inaction of all the regulatory and pokice agencies in this country. Why do we put up with a system where the MP's so consistently fail the public. No Doubt all others hit in this way will feel the same as myself. That is angry at falling for this scam followed by even more intense anger at those who make the criminals life so easy.

Comment

Originally posted by alibee57 View Post
                  Hi to all that have been scammed by Christine Burnea we have just been done out of £3,500 for a conway crusader folding camper, arrived inn Aberfeldy to pick it up and the address existed but camper did not. The house owner told us we were the third set of people since last week to turn up for things, one was a couple from London for a Caravan. I have reported it to ebay and also the police who are coming to see me today. Same Barclays account as you all paid into sort code 20 53 33 / 23334678. Why is ebay still allowing the seller to be active, it is still for sale, absolutely fuming !!!!!!!
                  Hi all

I have also been scammed this weekend by Christine Burnea for £5,500 sort code 20.53.33, account number 23334678, i travelled from London which took nearly 8 hours to travel to ABERFELDY in scotland to find that the address was correct with postcode but the person living there did not know any thing about the ELDDIS CRUSADER SUPERSTORM CARAVAN, we then had to wait nearly an hour for the not so local police to come and find us to take a statement , the police on duty have to cover nearly a 50 mile radius. We then had to drive all the way back .

I have also reported this to ACTION FRAUD and have been to Barclays bank this morning with my crime number and fraud number, barclays checked the mentioned account number and said that the account was still active and had a lot of money in it , they said that they could not take my money back out as this account was under investigation by the barclays fraud squad and the police, so how can they get away with using our money as bait to try and catch these scammers ??

I feel so stupid but was in constant communication with Christine and even asked for extra pictures to make sure that it was worth the long drive, christine told me that she worked away from home so could only do weekends, i even got sent what i thought was an ebay transaction..

Good luck to any one that gets thier money back

Comment

Hi all

I have also been scammed this weekend by Christine Burnea, sort code 20.53.33 , account number 23334678 for the amount of £5,500 for a ELDDIS CRUSADER SUPERSTORM 6 berth caravan, i travelled from London on saturday to an address in ABERFELDY Scotland which took nearly 8 hours to find out that the person living at that address had no idea of the caravan but said that the same thing had happened the previous weekend.

Comment

I have reported this to the police in Scotland and to ACTION FRAUD , i have also been to Barclays bank who can confirm that the account is still active and has a lot of money in it , i asked could we retrieve back my money and was told that the account is under investigation by the Barclays frauad squad and the police. What i dont understand is how they can still let money be paid into this account and use our money as bait to catch these scammers

Comment

Hi,

We been done by the same person eh !! Police been today and I gathered as much info as I could on this Christine Burnea to give to them. I had a huge row with Barclays Fraud Line yesterday as they would not take the info I had on the Fraudster, was told they could not deal with me as the person was not there with their account details .........Hello obviously not, are you stupid, I am trying to tell them they had an account held by a fraudster, they said they could not hold a conversation with me and hung up.

So I bombarded every e:mail address for Barclays I could find and on Barclays Facebook too until I got a response, finally they looking into it yesterday.

I also contacted BoldChat who this person used on the payment e:mail thinking you were chatting to an ebay member but wasn't, I saved the chat link so they able to trace it, and they got back to me today and have taken action against this person, don't know what but police have all e:mails etc of everything I have done.

The lady in Aberfeldy told us that someone from London had come to pick something up so that must have been you, she has had more people than us turning up, poor woman is very worried. Police are investigating everything I found on this Christine Burnea today. Waiting to hear back from Barclay's as they said they would be in touch with me as soon as.

I got the same from her so don't feel too stupid, as the Policeman said to me today, email looks very real having all the logos and stuff, didn't make me feel any less stupid though. One thing I will never do is buy anything online again makes me think twice about everything now.

I will do my best to get my money back since Barclay's have a large amount sitting in the account.

Comment

Barclays have a large amount sitting in the account.
                          Until it is withdrawn or transferred to Russia.

Comment

Not helpful ...............

Comment

Not helpful ...............
                              Oh, what a pity.

The refunds desk is to the right of the entrance hall. :rofl:

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                                Oh, what a pity.

The refunds desk is to the right of the entrance hall. :rofl:
                                You must get a kick out of other peoples misery !

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X