• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hi Everyone Ref; Blemain Finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Everyone Ref; Blemain Finance

Hi, I was persuaded by my broker to take out a secured loan with Blemain Finance when my business was in trouble in 2010 and foolishly I did, since I took out the loan I have managed to pay £4,500 off the original sum of £11,000 but still owe over £12,000???

My business has now ceased trading and I am only working 16 hrs per week and claiming working tax credit while looking for another job so as you can imagine I have fallen behind with my loan payments, I am now concerned that Blemain will come after my family home.

Can anyone advise on this?

Kind Regards
    Z
    Tags: None

Re: Hi Everyone Ref; Blemain Finance

Hi BigZ, sorry I can't be any practical help to you however I am sure if you looked at other posts on this site you would realise just in what sort of trouble this cowboy organisation are in and how they treat their customers. I hope others on this site will be of more practical help. I would suggest you start by first examining your credit agreement with a fine tooth comb.
    Last edited by Ruby; 15th October 2012, 20:20:PM.

Comment

First step is to request a subject access request

Comment

Hi bigZ you say that you took a loan out while your business was in trouble
        did they carry out enough checks to see if you could afford the repayments or did they lend irresponsibly as i believe this company are happy to lend recklessly with a veiw to getting their hands on the equity from vulnerable people. Was this a regulated loan if so you have more rights

Comment

ask to see the application form

Comment

Hi Suffering, It was very easy to get the loan, my financial advisor just went through some forms with me and a few days later the loan was mine. Not sure what you mean by regulated, how can i tell?

Comment

Originally posted by figaro123 View Post
              First step is to request a subject access request
              Hi Figaro, sorry if I apear stupid but what will this tell me and how will it help?
              Thanks
              Z

Comment

The application form will tell you if they properly assessed your ability to pay

Comment

ive got the same issue mate they are an absolute nightmare

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ View Post
                    Hi, I was persuaded by my broker to take out a secured loan with Blemain Finance when my business was in trouble in 2010 and foolishly I did, since I took out the loan I have managed to pay £4,500 off the original sum of £11,000 but still owe over £12,000???

My business has now ceased trading and I am only working 16 hrs per week and claiming working tax credit while looking for another job so as you can imagine I have fallen behind with my loan payments, I am now concerned that Blemain will come after my family home.

Can anyone advise on this?

Kind Regards
                    Z
                    Just had a statement from blemain and it would appear I still owe them over £23,000 after paying £4,500 off an £11,000 loan, going to get all my figures sorted now and start attacking them...grrr :rant:

Comment

The area with Blemain is a minefiled. YOu need a good Solicitor experienced in handling Blemain cases. In further posts on this forum a firm called Stephensons had some success with Blemain in the case of Bleman v Ridley. I'd defer to them.

Comment

How are things progressing

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X