• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

IDR FINANCE II v Acorn2012

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: IDR FINANCE II v Acorn2012

This letter admitting the claim - what does it say ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thank you for your reply
      I have attached copies of the recent correspondence together with a copy of "that" letter

- - - Updated - - -

Comment

Hi
        I can't see any letters

Comment

- - - Updated - - -

I added them as file attachments?
          Can you see this one I just put in the thread ?

Comment

Originally posted by Acorn2012 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I added them as file attachments?
            Can you see this one I just put in the thread ?

not there

Comment

weirdly the images code are showing as ''webkit-fake-url: //a1c436e1-d6ed-40e0-be5b-058148a22ca3/ imagejpeg" and I can't see they are attachments do you want to email them me ( use sharon@celame.co.uk it's quicker than the admin@legalbeagles.info address )

When you try to copy and paste to Safari web browser the browser inserts webkit-fake-url . In Chrome, you could do getAsFile() on the clipboard data to read the image.4 Feb 2013
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Thank you Amethyst I have just emailed you

Comment

Bloody hell... and you didn't write this letter ?

( got the rest will upload in a tic )
                  Attached Files
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

No I definitely did not write it ��

Comment

Very odd. But I do think it is just poor wording.

So there are two orders included in that bundle of docs.

Both dated 6th August.

One says "The Court will deal with the Application to lift the stay without hearing under CPR 23.8. It is ordered that The Application to lift the Stay and enter Judgment is granted"

Other is Allocation to Small Claims Track and that N180 must be completed, filed and served by 23rd August.

Both attached.

I'm doing the application next.
                      Attached Files
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Acorn2012 View Post
                        No I definitely did not write it ��
                        well blow me sideways with a bargepole.... had they signed it ?
                        Was it maybe sent to you by the claimant with the other docs as a suggestion for you to complete ? ( or that's what it's meant to look like if anyone investigates ) Did a copy come with the other docs ?

I can't see it is mentioned in the actual application only that you hadn't replied after receiving the documentation, that they sent docs to you to try and prompt correspondance, and if they were trying to pretend you had admitted etc they'd have said. I think it would be an odd attempt to mislead the court.
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

Application/ draft order etc
                          Attached Files
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Okay. Putting the weirdness aside, their application has been granted to lift the stay, you now need to file your directions questionnaire by the 23rd.

Back on weirdness - was that letter enclosed with this letter ? It seems like a pro-forma - presumably the £ amount was still blank and it was unsigned ?

They have sent you the documents as per

We haven't seen them on here though but you think they look okay. Would you be able to post the original agreement copy ( or email me it ) at least to check out. If you want to proceed with defence you will need to amend the defence. You did ask for costs of amendment in your defence so that should be covered. So really that would be done with the directions questionnaire and you need to ask the claimant's consent to amend first.

But we don't know if you still have a defence or if you just want to negotiate settlement at the moment.
                            Last edited by Amethyst; 14th August 2017, 10:04:AM.
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Ah ok that makes sense! No I didn't receive that weird letter with this one asking me to retract my defence...perhaps they forgot to enclose it, the first I saw of it was with the new application docs so I immediately thought the worst, I am not too worried about that now then thank you for clearing that up for me!
                              I need to start rebuilding my credit file so ideally I would like to agree a settlement with them and have this set aside - is it too late? I presumably still need to file my directions questionnaire asap.

Comment

I think they did send me all docs requested but I will have to check (I am currently trying to also entertain my 2&3 year olds lol!
                                I will take some copies of the docs and email them over to a bit later if that's ok
                                thank you Amethyst!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X