• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ebay, Gumtree & Autotrader Vehicle / Car Scams

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Barclays and vehicle scam via ebay and gumtree

Would any of the 'victims' posting on this thread like to share their experiences with a talented BBC journalist who has noticed this scam?

If so please PM me your contact details and brief summary of events and I shall pass your details onto this journalist.
    "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

The obvious way to avoid being defrauded would be to use a reputable escrow system, such as http://www.escrow.com

Comment

Hi, we cannot seem to get anyone very interested in what happened to us yesterday. Same scam over the purchase of a Fiat 500 on ebay price £4250. We have the barclays bank details and also the man's address in Enfield. But he also phoned me today so I have his mobile phone number 07866 536582. Sean Collins, obviously not his real name. This information is for anyone with on going police investigations. Come on Barclays-get these accounts closed down.

Comment

I expect his mobile phone SIM will be a pay-as-you-go "burner".

Comment

Hi
            I have been scammed, I supposedly purchased a caravan through an ebay payments seller safety centre invoice transaction. All bank details are same as mentioned in earlier posts, and the email from ebay transactions told us that we needed to pay directly by money transfer from our bank to his/hers? we have lost £5000,00
            Alarm bells started ringing when i had no reply to a text i sent to confirm the details of collection tomorrow(Friday 5th April)... Had no reply withing an hour and me and my wife joked about this could be happening, then i googled the name Christine Burnea!
            It was a classified ad and after a couple emails through ebay went to private email address and texting (i knew i should of phoned).
            I am prepared to fight to get my money back so if anyone has already started something please contact me.

Comment

Megyas, if you only paid the cash into yesterday or indeed less than 5 days ago, go into your local Barclays branch ASAP!! My other half went in today and they brought up the fraudsters account, could see our transaction AND others but couldn't give us any information due to 'data protection' (which is a complete farce seeing as the account is being used to rip people off!) BUT, he did say he couldn't do anything as it was over 5 days since the transaction was made. It's worth a try. He did also say that if the police rang him direct he would be able to investigate it, (despite giving him the crime ref).
              I'm not giving up, I know we won't see our money again but the guy who ripped us off is still selling on eBay under the same username!! CHEEK! And eBay, the police and Barclays still do nothing. I have managed to get yet another set of bank details for the same guy, unsurprisingly it is a Barclays account. Barclays really do need to get a grip of this as they are clearly NOT carrying out sufficient checks on ID when these accounts are bring opened.
              If anyone wants to join forces to do as much as we can then please do contact me. I am NOT giving up!

Comment

Originally posted by sjfoweraker View Post
                I supposedly purchased a caravan through an ebay payments seller safety centre invoice transaction. All bank details are same as mentioned in earlier posts, and the email from ebay transactions told us that we needed to pay directly by money transfer from our bank to his/hers?
                eBay would never do that, so the email was a forgery or a "false representation", contrary to section 2 - link -(and possibly section 7 - link) of the Fraud Act 2006.

Have you reported this to the police and if not, why not?

Comment

Hi Everyone. There appear to be quite a lot of us that have suffered the same experience via Ebay,Barclay's etc. In our case we have got no where with the police, Barclay's, Ebay and have therefore raised a complaint with the Ombudsman. We have scoured the internet and can only find this sort of activity happening with Barclay's, no other bank. What can we do as a group to get some sort of investigation started at Barclay's, anyone got any ideas or contacts that might be able to help.

Comment

The pattern that has emerged does seem to suggest that Barclays have been unusually lax in establishing the identities of its customers.

The "regulator" meant to ensure that any wunch of bankers behaved themselves was (and, for the moment, still is) the Fundamentally Stupid Authority, although its role will soon be divided between the Bank of England and the new Fundamentally Clueless Authority.

Comment

Yes phoned police the moment i realised it was a scam, they told me had to report to ebay first, i have been on phone to ebay with no joy, barclays however want me to send them all correspondence i have with the seller to there litigation dept so they can look into it... they would not confirm about any activity on the account of Christine Burnea.. Sort Code 20-53-33 Acc No 23334678.

Comment

Right, been on phone to Action Fraud 0300 123 20 40. The police advised us to phone them.
                        They have said that as many people can report their case to them they can investigate it as one case rather than lots of agencies investigating individual case.
                        Please contact me if we can as a group think of actions to take.

Comment

Please read below

Comment

Originally posted by sjfoweraker View Post
                            Please read below
                            Below where?

Comment

Sorry, not used this before, wanted to tag that message to puddle55's message

Comment

Why oh why do people fall for these scams?
                                Years ago on ebay we saw a car for sale buy it know for 1/3rd of its real value sets bells ringing,noticed that it was claimed to be all original but the colour was never used by the car maker or on that model.So we emailed offering to buy came the reply Pay the money by western union and would receive the details of where to collect car and all the relevant documents to prove to a courier we brought the car?said we were still interested but couldnt pay for a couple of days,they still wanted to sell to us asked for info as to where to collect car was told Edinburgh and name of company there where car was.having had no intension of being ripped of by an obvious con we did some research
                                !,western union transfers are like giving cash to a stranger not advised
                                ",as stated price was stupidly low
                                3, Colur never on car when produced
                                4,Courier did not have branch or agency in scotland

contacted Ebay did not want to know
                                Conclusion take a bit of time to think what you are buying
                                DONT GET CONNED but many will

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X