• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Redress claims

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redress claims

I wonder if anyone has any new news about Redress claims company, my daughter is still owed money from them, but she has now been told they have been closed down
    Tags: None

Re: Redress claims

Claims Management Regulation
    »
    Claims Management Regulation
    Business Details

Business Name: Redress Financial Management Ltd Address: 14 Bradford Chamber Business Park
    New Lane Town/City: Bradford Postcode: BD4 8BX County: West Yorkshire
    Trading Names: Redress Claims Sector: Financial products/services Status: Authorisation Suspended

however Redress Claims Ltd is still in business. So I guess it depends on which Redress your daughter is with.

Business DetailsBusiness Name: Redress Claims Limited Address: 8 Porter Close
    Town/City: Rainhill Postcode: L35 6PY County: Merseyside
    Trading Names: No Trading Names Sector: Financial products/services Authorisation Number: 30686

Originally posted by valeriej43 View Post
    I wonder if anyone has any new news about Redress claims company, my daughter is still owed money from them, but she has now been told they have been closed down
    If your daughter never received any service ie and is over 8 months since she paid for this service she is within her rights to try claiming back from her her credit card company under section 75 of the consumer credit act.

Tell your daughter that if any Claims Management Company contacts her saying that they have taken over her claim from Redress Claims and require her to sign to them taking over her claims - SHE is not compelled to this for another CMC. If this happens report this immediately to me here and also complain immediately to the Trading Standards at Burton on Trent as well as The Ministry of Justice.

Our advice is for people not to be rushed into to signing T&C's for any company contacting ex clients of a CMC who has gone into administration or has been suspened as in the case here and it is evident that they do not intend to apply for the licence back.

From The Guardian Sunday 3rd February 2013

Redress Claims customers who never saw their cash

Customers who paid Redress Claims to get PPI money find they are out of pocket

The letters are depressingly similar:
    London RT of London was cold called by a company called Redress Claims which promised to reclaim mis-sold payment protection insurance for her on a no-win no-fee basis. "I paid £450 for them to look into potential claims on each credit card and was told I'd get the money back if the claim was unsuccessful. I've never received any claim money, or a refund."
    AB of Humberside paid Redress Claims £1,700 in 2011 after being cold called. "We trusted them, as we are desperate financially. They did obtain £958 for mis-sold PPI on a mortgage for which they charged an additional fee of £287. And £1,419, £608 of which they pocketed despite the promise in their terms and conditions that they would deduct no more than 25%."
    SG from Coventry found that £3,855 had been removed from her credit card after a cold caller from Redress Claims gave her a hard-sell in April 2011. "I never received any bill or acknowledgement of this payment and they've since demanded further payments," she says.
    PR of Southport, Merseyside paid a similar upfront fee which he was told was refundable if his six claims were unsuccessful. One claim was won but he was told to pay an extra £149 per claim to a company called Credit Clear Services to have the outstanding five resolved.
    R E-H found £3,245 removed from his account, £590 of it for invalid claims. "I made more than 20 attempts to get the £590 back but none of my messages was replied to. They managed to get me £120 back from one credit card issuer and £32 on another and charged me £100 fee for each. Now I've had a letter from Credit Clear Services telling me my contract has passed to them and I must pay £99 for them to proceed."
    After a long overdue investigation by the Ministry of Justice, Redress Claims's licence to trade was suspended last month due to breaches of the code of conduct. "We will take further action if breaches are not corrected," says an MoJ spokesman.
    Given that a suspension can be lifted after three months if a company gets its act together, and given that Redress Claims will have made a consoling profit in the 18 months it has been allowed to operate, this is unlikely to pain its director, Naman Hussain.
    Suspension does not stop companies dealing with refund requests from customers whose cases are pending, and the MoJ recommends they write asking for one.
    Simon Helliwell, director of Credit Clear Services, which provided "auditing and legal services" for the company, declares that Hussain will be pursuing "other interests" and would not seek to reinstate the licence when the three months is up.
    "We've agreed to take the thousands of unresolved Redress Claims' cases off them for no extra charge and will proceed on a no-win no-fee basis," says Helliwell, who insisted that "in comparison with many in the market Redress Claims was not that bad".
    He was vague, however, about what percentage of any claim would be deducted in fees. "We'll abide by Redress Claims's terms and conditions," he says and admitted he didn't know what percentage these specified.
    As compensation claims for mis-sold PPI can be made for free with a form provided by the Financial Ombudsman Service, anyone who paid Redress Claims by credit card should consider applying for a refund from their card issuer, which is held jointly liable under section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act. Some debit card companies also offer chargeback if a company is in breach of contract.
    Sadly, though, many are likely to be left out of pocket and will have learnt never to hand bank details to a company that cold calls.
    Last edited by TUTTSI; 12th February 2013, 22:42:PM.

Comment

hi tutts i have spoken to you before about this a few months ago, she was told by another claim company that Redress claims had been closed down,and they wanted to claim for her,cant remrmber the name now of this company,will ask her tomorrow,CREDIT something?
      She paid £250 4 years ago,amd they have done nothing,shes asked for a refund many times and they say they will send it but still havent
      This CREDIT ? have told her she has PPIs but she doesnt think so, so long ago that she took her mortgage out she cant rember
      I will get back to you tomorrow when i have got the name of this other company
      Thank for the info above

Comment

Just seen the name in above post CREDIT CLEAR

Comment

Valerie please read this bulletin from the MOJ https://www.claimsregulation.gov.uk/...lled)%20v2.pdf

Tell her to phone her credit card company and say that they never provided a service and that they have had their authorisation suspended from the Ministry of Justice and that she should claim under section 75, they may say it was too long ago - but there is always a chance that they could refund her.

They have only been suspended and have not yet gone into administration, but they have made it clear that they are not continuing. That newspaper article from the Guardian on Sunday said that Credit Clear are taking over the claims FOC.... I have never known a CMC to take over anything for nothing.

Please before your daughter signs anything please let me know as there is the Data Protection Act which Redress claims/Credit clear may have broken as well. Also, lets see how FREE this new service is and what how they are making their fees from all of this.

Exc and I will be visiting the Trading Standards connected with the MOJ for CMC's in the next 4 weeks so any information regarding these deals would be greatfully received as sure as eggs are eggs they have broken some regulations by not dealing with complaints like returning fees in a timely manner. Also does your daughter have any correspondence where they say they were returning her initial outlay?
          Last edited by TUTTSI; 13th February 2013, 08:26:AM.

Comment

My daughter hasnt signed up tp CREDIT CLEAR yet, but they said they wouldnt charge upfront, but would take 25% of any monies she got back, also if she cancelled after having signed they would charge £30 cancellation fees
            She is going to check and let me know if she has any correspondence relating to Redress refunding her fees
            I will update when i have heard from her later today
            RE; claiming back from her CC company, she doesnt use that card now, would it still be possible to claim

Comment

she could try Valerie - everything is worth a shot.

Also, at this time don't forget Redress are still a live company, they have not as yet gone into administration? they just dont have tie licence to trade.....so do they have the money in the bank to repay everyone? Please read this article from the MOJ with what to do if your CMC is suspended or Cancelled - http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ment-companies

Again, I bring to your attention the fact that your daughter may want to speak to the Information Comissioner in relation to her personal details being given to another CMC. This may well be a breach of data protection. So it is important to follow through on this. http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...on-comissioner

Comment

Originally posted by Guardian View Post
                "We've agreed to take the thousands of unresolved Redress Claims' cases off them for no extra charge and will proceed on a no-win no-fee basis," says Helliwell, who insisted that "in comparison with many in the market Redress Claims was not that bad".
                He was vague, however, about what percentage of any claim would be deducted in fees. "We'll abide by Redress Claims's terms and conditions," he says and admitted he didn't know what percentage these specified.
                This is just nonsense. They can't just take over the claims. I'll find out who the compliance officer is for Credit Clear and take it up with them.

Comment

Hello there, I am an newbie to this site but am hoping you are able to help please.. I have had dealings with Redress Claims (they took £1750 from PPI claims nearly 2 years ago)and after reading your threads only earlier on today was staggered when I got home to find a formal demand from a debt collecting company actioned by Redress Claims asking for £100. Am I able to claim back from the credit cards I used under section 75 as they sorted some overdraft charges? Should I pay the £100? Feel a bit sick to do this as they haven't written directly to me about where this debt has come from. Also there is nothing on the internet about Redress. The chap at Lawton Hathaway -Henry- seemed most helpful as I said about the amount Redress already has taken from me and I don't wish to incur interest on this debt. I would be most grateful for any help and advice.

Comment

Originally posted by flossjoss View Post
                    Hello there, I am an newbie to this site but am hoping you are able to help please.. I have had dealings with Redress Claims (they took £1750 from PPI claims nearly 2 years ago)and after reading your threads only earlier on today was staggered when I got home to find a formal demand from a debt collecting company actioned by Redress Claims asking for £100. Am I able to claim back from the credit cards I used under section 75 as they sorted some overdraft charges? Should I pay the £100? Feel a bit sick to do this as they haven't written directly to me about where this debt has come from. Also there is nothing on the internet about Redress. The chap at Lawton Hathaway -Henry- seemed most helpful as I said about the amount Redress already has taken from me and I don't wish to incur interest on this debt. I would be most grateful for any help and advice.
                    Are you sure it is Redress Claims Ltd? Although they had their MOJ authorisation suspended, I've just checked and it appears that it has been reinstated.

So you paid Redress £1750, did they get a successful PPI refund for you?

Also when you say ''they sorted some overdraft charges'' can you elaborate and then we can advise on sec 75.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X