• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Abbey bank charges

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Abbey bank charges

hi
    i am ready to go with it all now shall i pm you with the attachment (for your eyes only)
    thanks
    judy

Comment

aye go for your life

Well done
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

i have just sent it to you
        ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
        Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
        aye go for your life

Well done
        thanks ok, how do i satrt a thread ??? sad old me
        judy
        Last edited by judith; 3rd November 2008, 10:14:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by bloomingflower View Post
          Hi Judith

Regarding your hardship claim. Yes most definatley, if he is willing to speak with you over the phone regarding your claim, then this can only be good for you.. It means he is open to negotiations. (It worked for me and some other Abbey claimants on here who have successfully claimed under hardship) Bloomingflower v Abbey, Outspoken v Abbey, Tuttsi v Abbey etc..

First of all, when you receive the questionnaire, fill it out as best as you can, showing all your arrears and debts etc. (This is what I did ) Under the new waiver terms Abbey are obliged to look at hardship claims sympathetically, but are still not obliged to make any refunds. However, if you feel that you cannot cope with your situation and you want Abbey to look at your claim urgently then gather everything and anything regarding 'final demand 'letters that will prove and show you are behind with payments etc. You will need these to send direct to Ronan.

Abbey Head office..

Ronan Coyle
          Abbey National House
          2 Triton Square
          regents park,
          London
          NW1 3AN

Bfxx
          Hi
          Do you have ronans phone number and email address very urgent many thanks
          Judy

Comment

This is Ronans number - 020 775 64398 email - ronan.coyle@ashurst.com

Hi Judy,

Amethyst is away for a couple of days but feel free to PM either Amy or myself if you need any assistance in the meeantime.

Have you sent off your letter and other bits and pieces ?

Budgie

Comment

Hi Budgie
              Many thanks yes it went off yesterday but i left the something so i had to send it later on in the day i will call him tomorrow just to let him know what i did
              Will that be ok ??
              Thanks
              Judy

Comment

Originally posted by judith View Post
                Hi Budgie
                Many thanks yes it went off yesterday but i left the something so i had to send it later on in the day i will call him tomorrow just to let him know what i did
                Will that be ok ??
                Thanks
                Judy
                I am sure that will be fine Judy.

It will be good for you to establish a contact with him over the phone as well.

He is apparantly quite a helpful chap, although always remember that he is doing a job for the Abbey and not for you !!!

Budgie

Comment

Best of luck Judy - hope your claim goes through.

scooby
                  "What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

"Always reach for the moon, if you miss you'll end up among the stars"

Comment

I'm a little confused. You say you got a judgment against Abbey (albeit by default) but that Abbey stopped it!

Abbey can't 'stop' anything unless they applied to the court to have the judgment set-aside otherwise they should have paid you..... so please explain?

Comment

After she won judgement by default, Abbey applied for a stay and got it.

Comment

Originally posted by Amy View Post
                        Of course they did.

That'll teach me to read the WHOLE of the thread next time I open my mouth

Anyway pleased to see the amount of detailed help this person is getting. Certainly much more that they could expect otr

Comment

Originally posted by Amy View Post

hi amy
                          i have now been told by the bailiff that my case has been passed to someone else, and have just been told in writing that a van will be calling within the next 48 hours to take goods from my home ?? i have now also signed on and am waiting to hear back from them, with everything else that is going on i am so worried that they will get access to my house i alo have a van and a car on my driveway can you please advise me what to do now
                          many thanks
                          judy

Comment

I'll PM you.

Comment

Originally posted by judith View Post
                              hi amy
                              i have now been told by the bailiff that my case has been passed to someone else, and have just been told in writing that a van will be calling within the next 48 hours to take goods from my home ?? i have now also signed on and am waiting to hear back from them, with everything else that is going on i am so worried that they will get access to my house i alo have a van and a car on my driveway can you please advise me what to do now
                              many thanks
                              judy
                              For the avoidance of doubt, the law states that bailiffs collecting council tax have no power to force initial entry or break open an outer door if it is either locked or bolted. They must enter a property peacefully through an unlocked door or through an open window. They may not enter through a closed window, even if it is not locked. They cannot obtain a court order to gain entry and can only force entry if they have previously gained peaceful entry.

Given that they do not have a valid walking possession order and have never been granted peaceful entry to your house, they are powerless to take anything from your home.

However, send them this today, via fax if possible, but certainly via Recorded Delivery to arrive tomorrow.

Their Address

(Today's Date)

Dear Sir/Madam

TAKE NOTICE

That any further visit to the above property post (Today's Sate) by yourselves, your agents, or those otherwise acting on your behalf or upon your instructions, stating either verbally or in writing an intention, unlawfully or by force, or guile, (and other than by express invitation) to enter these premises and remove property in the absence of an Order for Walking Possession, will result in the arrest of the agent/person concerned for attempted burglary. Steal shall mean any removal or attempted removal, or intention to remove, any property in which you have no lawful Title or Property therein.

I reserve the right to produce a copy of this Notice to the Court in future proceedings.

Yours faithfully

(Your Name)

cc. East Northants District Council
                              In addition, you should print out and have ready to hand to them the following, should they attempt to levy distress on either of the vehicles on your drive. You may also want to move them, if possible, in order that they are not there should anyone call, although the letter is very likely more scare tactics than anything else.

With regard to the vehicles, certain goods are protected and cannot be seized by the bailiffs. The definition of protected goods for unpaid council tax is: - ‘such tools, books, vehicles and other items of equipment as are necessary to the debtor for use personally in his employment, business or vocation’ and ‘such clothing, bedding, furniture, household equipment and provisions as are necessary for satisfying the basic domestic needs of the debtor and his family’
                              Council Tax (Administration and Enforcement) Regulations 1992, Reg 45(1A)

If anyone should call, DO NOT LET THEM IN. They will lie, cajole and attempt to deceive you. You must not be taken in by any of this. They have no right of access to your house. Do not let them in to use the loo, use the telephone, or to get out of the cold. They will try anything and once they have gained peaceful access, they can break in at some point in the future. Do not sign anything that they might hand you, or put through your letterbox, you are not obliged to do this. Tell them, from an upstairs window, that they will not gain access to your property and that they must return the warrant to the council. Then tell them that they must leave or you will report them for the common law offence of trespass.

Comment

I was about to post pretty much what Celtelco already has.

To reiterate what's been said DO NOT let them into your home under any circumstances & if at all possible don't open your front door (even a little) to speak to them as most bailiffs think that by putting their foot in the door they have obtained peaceful entry (they haven't) & will try to force a way past you

Remember bailiffs & unlicensed debt collectors rely on the debtor being ignorant of their rights & the law so don't be bullied YOU have the upper hand by simply refusing to speak to them you take control

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X