• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Howard Cohen Letter of claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Howard Cohen Letter of claim

As [MENTION=87380]Diana M[/MENTION] suggested, for now get the cca request off and see what comes back. You could always contact her for some free initial advice and discuss options.

Comment

Originally posted by warwick65 View Post
      As [MENTION=87380]Diana M[/MENTION] suggested, for now get the cca request off and see what comes back. You could always contact her for some free initial advice and discuss options.
      Ok I'll do that thank you warwick65 brill.

Comment

Originally posted by dulcer View Post
        Ok I'll do that thank you warwick65 brill.
        Just to clarify something before sending off cca, the creditor can't take me to court whilst I've requested the cca

Comment

Been to bank I'm my dates are way out, last payment made in 2013, so 6 year sb is out of the question
          So it's just as well you didn't write and tell them it was SB which may have triggered a claim to beat the clock!

Don't be downcast because it's not SB because you may well have other legal arguments. This is a Morgan Stanley credit card from 2001 which was bought by Barclaycard.

Send the s. 78 CCA Request to Hoist with a copy to Howard Cohen.

Send a Subject Access Request to Barclays.

They shouldn't issue a claim before the 30 days expires so see what happens by Day 20 before deciding your next step.

Di

Comment

CCA Request Letter Subject Access Request Letter

Comment

good afternoon Di and Warwick 65,

I have sent the CCA requests off to the relevant companies, so see where that leads,
              but the plot thickens!!
              When I received my letter of claim I had two letter from Howard Cohen, and trust in blind panic,
              I thought they were two of the same, but on closer inspection, where it says this debt originates
              from a written agreement, well one says 09-05-01 and the other is nearly two years later, also two
              different figures and account numbers is there skulduggery at work
              or another reason for this. thank you again.
              Last edited by dulcer; 7th December 2017, 13:04:PM. Reason: just noticed more info

Comment

I know what the blind panic feels like, I really do.

There maybe various reasons, maybe they are not sure which it is.

Have you checked they are both for the same account, don't want to panic you but worth looking at and checking out. There should be account details on the letter

Comment

hi,

Well ive just checked recent paperwork they are both for ex Barclaycard I only ever had one Barclaycard, but two different card numbers,
                  now I'm sweating again

Comment

ive just checked recent paperwork they are both for ex Barclaycard I only ever had one Barclaycard, but two different card numbers,
                    now I'm sweating again
                    No need to sweat It's a letter not a court claim.

From what you say you've received two separate Letters Before Claim. That doesn't necessarily mean either of those debts belong to you. Maybe they do, maybe they don't.

You're at the research stage. The Barclaycards may have started life as Egg, Goldfish, Marbles, Monument or Morgan Stanley Dean Witter etc. whch is why you don't recognise them. Or maybe you never had a second Barclaycard and Hoist have got it wrong.

Send two separate s 77-79 CCA Requests to Hoist by Royal Mail Recorded Delivery.

One for each alleged credit card account using the reference number(s) on each separate Howard Cohen Letter Before Claim.

Include two £1 postal orders for the statutory fee.

Copy both the CCA Requests to Howard Cohen and send them by Royal Mail Recorded Delivery.

I've suggested you send a SAR to Barclays and that should cover anything and everything you've been involved with. So if there were two accounts you'll soon find out.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana M View Post
                      No need to sweat It's a letter not a court claim.

From what you say you've received two separate Letters Before Claim. That doesn't necessarily mean either of those debts belong to you. Maybe they do, maybe they don't.

You're at the research stage. The Barclaycards may have started life as Egg, Goldfish, Marbles, Monument or Morgan Stanley Dean Witter etc. whch is why you don't recognise them. Or maybe you never had a second Barclaycard and Hoist have got it wrong.

Send two separate s 77-79 CCA Requests to Hoist by Royal Mail Recorded Delivery.

One for each alleged credit card account using the reference number(s) on each separate Howard Cohen Letter Before Claim.

Include two £1 postal orders for the statutory fee.

Copy both the CCA Requests to Howard Cohen and send them by Royal Mail Recorded Delivery.

I've suggested you send a SAR to Barclays and that should cover anything and everything you've been involved with. So if there were two accounts you'll soon find out.

Di
                      Thanks Di, all gone today, gonna now have to sit tight and wait

Comment

Thanks Di, all gone today, gonna now have to sit tight and wait

Are you still waiting for a response to your s 77-79 CCA Request?

Di

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X