• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

edf energy back bill

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: edf energy back bill

Forgot to mention, previously 3 calls were made to edf about final bill but apparently if you dont log it as a complaint the other 3 calls are n't included as a complaint. Just wondering if its any good giving ofgem a call.

Comment

Originally posted by pabs View Post
      Forgot to mention, previously 3 calls were made to edf about final bill but apparently if you dont log it as a complaint the other 3 calls are n't included as a complaint. Just wondering if its any good giving ofgem a call.
      What a load of codswallop!! I have never heard such a load of claptrap, especially as they confirm their bill is what.. 4 times the normal usage??

I would contact the Ombudsman, OFGEM will initally direct you there anyway, advise them that EDF have failed to log complaints etc.

will post up a template letter after this response.
      PLEASE NOTE: I work irregular hours including nights and sleep in shifts. If I have not responded in 48 hours, please ask an admin to Messenger me!

"If you ever feel alone, remember, I am just the other side of the rainbow, or just south of the North Star. Whichever is closer." - A.J Murphy. 17/3/1974 - 16/03/1997 (RIP babe <3)

Comment

Search Results

Ofgem

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/

Comment

Dear Sir/Madam

RE ACCOUNT NUMBER: METER SERIAL NUMBER (MSN)

On *insert exact date* I moved from EDF to *insert supplier* to supply my electricity supply. At the time my usage was estimated and I received a final bill for *insert amount and wether credit (too much) or debit (owing).

I have received on *insert date* a bill for *insert exact amount* which i find an alarming amount given that this is for electricity only.

I have worked out my usage based on the following sum.

19-01-16 Meter Read 5563
          01-08-16 with meter read 6411
          6411-5563= 848kwh over 195 days
          848/195 = 4.34kwh per day.

between 01-08-16 and 06-03-17 there were 217 days between them, based on this math, my final read should have been 7352.34.

I have asked where the amounts being chased have come from, and EDF have admitted this is a usage increase from 4.34kwh per day to 22kwh per day, which I am sure you will agree is either a physical impossibilty or the sign of a damaged/faulty meter.

I am assuming the issue relates to a meter exchange which occured on *date* for a smart meter (Meter Serial Number xxxxxxxxx), unfortunatly the engineer declined to leave a yellow sticker on my meter, however my new supplier has confirmed the final read from the old meter is *insert*

I have raised many complaints with EDF for the incorrect bill which I now discover have not been correctly logged, this is a direct disregard for OFGEM regulations.

This could also cause me problems with my credit rating, EDF have not mentioned any possibility of rectifying any discrepancies.

As a resolution, I would be satisfied with EDF accepting their responsibility for the mistake and recalculating my bill on a more reasonable usage (namely to recalculate to nearer my proposed read of 7352), a full apology and any further credit being refunded to me with the minimum of stress and delay.

I would also be requiring compensation for my time, stress and anxiety caused by this, and for any negative markers to be removed from my records with immediate effect.

I look forward to your response

Yours

*STEPDAUGHTER'S NAME*

- - - Updated - - -

**SUGGESTED NEXT MOVES**

Ask new provider for final read on meter exchange for further proof.

Advise new provider of Ombudsman case and give permission to disclose any information needed.

Register an official dispute with EDF due to the incorrect reading and insane usage.

Sit back and wait.. and try not to worry. If your step daughter gets any contact use the Ombudsman reference number as proof of dispute.

Callie
          PLEASE NOTE: I work irregular hours including nights and sleep in shifts. If I have not responded in 48 hours, please ask an admin to Messenger me!

"If you ever feel alone, remember, I am just the other side of the rainbow, or just south of the North Star. Whichever is closer." - A.J Murphy. 17/3/1974 - 16/03/1997 (RIP babe <3)

Comment

Originally posted by slainte caragh View Post
            What a load of codswallop!! I have never heard such a load of claptrap, especially as they confirm their bill is what.. 4 times the normal usage??

I would contact the Ombudsman, OFGEM will initally direct you there anyway, advise them that EDF have failed to log complaints etc.

will post up a template letter after this response.
            Thats what i thought and i spoke to the edf adviser.

When i spoke to adviser on monday the 20th they spoke to the disputed reads team they could n't do nothing because account as been closed..
            so finally it was logged as a complaint. i spoke to somebody in the complaints solutions team and after they had done some calculations they called me back with a offer to reduce final bill by£250. I dont think that ofter is no way high enough but with no proof of faulty meter and us just bringing the problem up.
            The other problem is that the reading follow on to the new supplier and they say they can only go of the the reading they have got.
            think we will go the route of the ombudsman.
            Last edited by pabs; 25th November 2017, 22:39:PM.

Comment

The one thing i carnt understand is why edf sent out a final bill that had estimated on it.

Comment

Originally posted by pabs View Post
                The one thing i carnt understand is why edf sent out a final bill that had estimated on it.
                Did you step daughter provide a final meter reading?

Comment

Did you step daughter provide a final meter reading?
                  yes she gave the reading to new supplier who then queried it with edf. carnt be sure if she gave reading to edf but would of thought so

Comment

edf are going to call back tomorrow as i could n't make decision to accept ofter of £250 off the total bill, my opinion is why should she pay for electric she has not used. you would n't pay for shopping you have n't got.

Comment

can she contact the new supplier and ask for this, and also at the same time ask them for the closing read from the old meter (before the exchange). Everything you can get is more ammo for the Ombudsman case.

Ask for the old and new meter serial numbers (make sure you don't mix them up) and take photos of the meter itself so you can show the Ombudsman it..

silly question but what was the gas meter read? They haven't fouled up which read is which have they?

Comment

can she contact the new supplier and ask for this, and also at the same time ask them for the closing read from the old meter (before the exchange). Everything you can get is more ammo for the Ombudsman case.

Ask for the old and new meter serial numbers (make sure you don't mix them up) and take photos of the meter itself so you can show the Ombudsman it..

silly question but what was the gas meter read? They haven't fouled up which read is which have they?
                        would have to check gas meter tomorrow but have these are readings we have if it helps.
                        confirmed edf meter reading aug 16 is 6411
                        final meter reading is 11577 confirmed by new supplier
                        meter reading when old meter swapped over to smart meter is 13786
                        thats 7375 over the 2 suppliers

Comment

Ok can you provide me with the date the supply transfered and the date the transfer of meter took place.

I just want to work out the daily usage from the date she changed supplier till the meter was exchanged, if the usage is going up this could be an indication that the meter was faulty and is more evidence in your favour. Obviously, you just add that information to the Ombudsman letter saying that you were unaware of the fault etc!

Comment

Ok can you provide me with the date the supply transfered and the date the transfer of meter took place.

I just want to work out the daily usage from the date she changed supplier till the meter was exchanged, if the usage is going up this could be an indication that the meter was faulty and is more evidence in your favour. Obviously, you just add that information to the Ombudsman letter saying that you were unaware of the fault etc!
                            date on final bill is 6th march 17 so i take it that this is the transfer date and 6th nov 17 is when meter was replaced
                            with smart meter.
                            thanks
                            Last edited by Amethyst; 27th November 2017, 08:18:AM.

Comment

I am at a total loss as to where these figures are coming from.

The usage from the switch to the meter change is 8 units a day (double what was being used) but from August EDF read to "final read" 20 units a day was being used??

Where did the new supplier get the read (i,e did they apply to EDF for it or did stepdaughter provide it?)

Does your stepdaughter have her latest bill from her new provider? If you can post that up (normal rules re privacy apply please) I can do the math and see what is happening but if I am honest alarm bells are screaming at me and "FAULTY METER is flashing in bright red letters!!

Comment

I am at a total loss as to where these figures are coming from.
                                so are we lol.
                                The usage from the switch to the meter change is 8 units a day (double what was being used) but from August EDF read to "final read" 20 units a day was being used??

Where did the new supplier get the read (i,e did they apply to EDF for it or did stepdaughter provide it?)
                                new supplier confirmed it was step daughter who gave them the reading.
                                but queried the read with edf. but no revised bill as ever been recieved.

Does your stepdaughter have her latest bill from her new provider? If you can post that up (normal rules re privacy apply please) I can do the math and see what is happening but if I am honest alarm bells are screaming at me and "FAULTY METER is flashing in bright red letters!!
                                when i was in contact with edf they asked for useage according to smart meter, it was just under 10 units a day and thats for 14 days (total number of meter as been in use). i will see if she as any bills from them new supplier and they have increased her direct debits according to them figures. she as raised the matter with new supplier but according to them they say that they can do nothing because of the old meter been disposed of.
                                so it affecting the new bill from march to nov.
                                Last edited by Amethyst; 27th November 2017, 08:23:AM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X