• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

* SORTED * Business contract cancellation Patient Direct

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multimedia Rip Off Merchants

Originally posted by Lynnzer View Post
    A bit of extra information to bump this up a bit.
    The business card left with my wife is for Patient Direct. The salesperson is a guy called Nick Slade who is Director Corporate Accounts.
    It has his mobile number on it and an email address of customerservices@patient-direct.com.

There is no company address or anything else.

I did a search on Companies House for Patient Direct and it doesn't show anything at all. Even if it was a trading name of another company (Ltd) it would still need to be registered. I also searched for Nick Slade as a director and that fails to show either.

I did some extra digging around and have found connections to Multimedia International Services Ltd, and others. I have some significant concerns from what I found so emailed the address shown on the business card as follows:
    I believe you spoke with my wife yesterday, however it appears that no conclusion and nothing agreed between either party.
    We are at a gross disadvantage here as you are still apparently on holiday, and there is no address for correspondence on your business card.

The company website gives no trading address which is a legal requirement under The Companies (Trading Disclosures) Regulations 2008 as amended by The Companies (Trading Disclosures) (Amendment) Regulations 2009

The business card you left is also deficient in content. It is required to show the full trading name of the company as registered at Companies house to comply with the above Act

I have issues on both these aspects.

1, the business name as shown on the business card does not appear on the Companies House records.
    2. the company website has no trading address or contact details
    3. Your business card states your position as being the "Director Corporate Accounts". There is no record of your name on any directorship at Companies House. To name yourself the Director Corporate Accounts would require you to be working for a company registered as Limited at Companies House, or someone who carries equal status as far as the financial aspects are concerned including you own liability for debts and other matters.
    4. The website is registered to Steve Corsbie at an address that displays the occupier as having a website of www.cnetwork.tv which is also owned by the same Steve Corsbie. Neither of these are helpful in ascertaining the validity of Patient Direct.
    5. further searching shows that another company may be involved in this web of intrigue. This is named as Multimedia International Services Ltd with the named directors being Ms Angela Margaret Darnell & Mr David Ravenscroft. Both of these individuals are named a directors of another company too; Media International Holdings Limited at a different address.

If Patient Direct UK is a trading name of any of these companies it requires it to be registered as such, and it is not. There is a serious concern on the representation of a company which cannot be found to exist, with a directorship which cannot be validated
    To further complicate matters David Ravenscroft is also a director with Property Investment Network Limited, Multimedia International Services Worldwide Limited & Multimedia International Services Holdings Limited. Angela Darnell also appears as a director. Incidentally you are not named as a director on any of these companies so the title you seem to have awarded yourself "Director Corporate Accounts" cannot even be devolved from one of those either.

The records show that Multimedia International Services Worldwide Limited was liquidated with 3 outstanding debentures and charges.
    Multimedia International Services Holdings Limited was also liquidated within a year of incorporation.

Tracing back on other sites also shows a named director who lives apparently in the Cayman Islands, which naturally flags up severe doubts.

The lack of clarity of the company's true identity, together with the visible extraordinarily disastrous trading record of the directors leads me to have severe doubts as to the integrity of Patient Direct.

In any case, since the company seems not to exist on the Companies House Register, you are not a director of any company and all leads show a web of past companied which have been wound up for one reason or another, perhaps to escape fulfilling the obligations of past customers, then I see no reason to have any faith in continuing with this relationship.

As I already made clear in my first post, you have not had time to suffer any loss, as the work you would carry out would not have started in this extremely short time-scale.

It is clear that the company (if it does indeed exist) has failed in compliance to the above mentioned legislative requirements. As such this would sit favourably in our favour.

I respectfully now insist on a refund of the amount taken as a deposit.
    I look forward to this being done within 7 days from today's date.
    ----------------------------

So they have come back to me and said tough but there's a no cooling off period but they will accept the deposit paid which amounts to 6 months worth of advertising, and run the advert for 12 months.
    The email address of the person who responded is one that has a name and then @MIS.tv and with "on behalf of Patient Direct – The Community Network"

I did a search on this and the very first thing that threw itself up was on Facebook in large red text as SCAM.
    It appears that this is a company with worldwide operations, and that is borne out by the liquidated companies where I found common directorships.
    I seem to think, and this opinion only, that the liquidated companies were possibly sent down to escape their ongoing liabilities to other customers who had contracted with them. However, there are unsatisfied liabilities on debentures etc from these liquidated companies.

I believe that if I now took action to claim back the deposit based on the non transparency of the company and the findings of the "peculiar and extraordinary financial history with other companies for the same services, that it will be useful to me.

I believe that if I claimed the amount back, ie cancelled the contract and they took legal action, and won their case, that I could actually make payment to a previous unpaid creditor, such as their bank who hold the debenture.

If this did hit court, I would like some insight into the likelihood of them winning their case based on my findings about their non compliance to The Companies (Trading Disclosures) Regulations 2008 as amended by The Companies (Trading Disclosures) (Amendment) Regulations 2009. As I have pointed out in my email, there is nothing at all that I could use to identify them, no correspondence address, no mention in any companies House search so they are, as far as I can assume, a company that is trading in shady circumstances.

Anyway, if this all went belly up and di go to court, what likelihood is there of a judge awarding damages for an amount that is higher than their current loss, ie nothing at all.

Just to give an insight into the multiple current, liquidated and dissolved companies and their directors, along with the unresolved liabilities, I put a few links for you. How would these stand as evidence of bad faith along with the complete lack of transparency of the Patient Direct company which is the principal to the contract?

1. Link 1.

2. link 2.
    3. link 3
    4. link 4.
    5. link 5.
    6. link 6.
    7. link 7.

You will notice that David Ravenscroft also has 2 dates of birth showing in those links, a couple of years apart.

Chip in guys. Feedback please
    Well has anyone actually taken them to court? I have been threatened for three years, they have produced nothing. I have paid them already £2,700 and they are now chasing for a balance still of £600 which I was going to pay just to get rid, or go to court, but after reading everyone elses dreadful experiences - this company should be stopped!!

Does anyone have the experience of taking them to court or them taking you? They prey on start up businesses, they know exactly what they are doing. The one advert they produced took them around six months and looked like a five year old had done it, I then produced by own. They have never played it when they said. They then just play it wherever they like to say they have played it and demand money.

What about if we approach Watchdog?

Comment

Re: * SORTED * Business contract cancellation Patient Direct

I had an email yesterday saying that Multimedia International Services are changing their name to Direct Digital...

Comment

They don't seem to have changed it formally with Companies house yet.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by patientdirectscam View Post
          I had an email yesterday saying that Multimedia International Services are changing their name to Direct Digital...
          Well I approached Companies House yesterday and they are going to investigate them, so no doubt they will be changing their name once more to get out of it yet again!! They should be stopped from trading.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
          They don't seem to have changed it formally with Companies house yet.
          Companies House are on the investigation I have filed a proper complaint. They need to be stopped and we should all get our money back!

Comment

Originally posted by Kerby View Post
            Well I approached Companies House yesterday and they are going to investigate them, so no doubt they will be changing their name once more to get out of it yet again!! They should be stopped from trading.

- - - Updated - - -

Companies House are on the investigation I have filed a proper complaint. They need to be stopped and we should all get our money back!
            Hi Kerby, how did you complain to Companies House? I filed a complaint through the Insolvency Service and had a response saying they weren't going to investigate.

Comment

Originally posted by patientdirectscam View Post
              Hi Kerby, how did you complain to Companies House? I filed a complaint through the Insolvency Service and had a response saying they weren't going to investigate.
              They sent a form to fill out and I suppose have to investigate it. If they have incorrect paperwork filed by one of their directors they will have to found out why.

Comment

Hi,
                I foolishly signed up with 'The Community Network' aka 'Multimedia Services' aka 'Direct Digital' 18 months ago.
                The sales guy, Adam Rees, was convincing enough at the time but I have since found out that the contract was sneakily set up to make me pay more money than agreed, over a longer period of time than agreed.
                I've had nothing but dubious paperwork and conversations from these people. They are not to be trusted.
                Paperwork is lacking, and when it's finally sent to you, it contains small print and unexplained hidden fees. The contract 'conveniently' didn't actually state the DD amount that had been worked out by the salesman, so now they are claiming I haven't been paying enough these last 14 months and want to increase my DD to cover the shortfall!
                If any official body need to get in touch with me for my story to strengthen the case .. please feel free.

Comment

Hi,
                  I foolishly signed up with 'The Community Network' aka 'Multimedia Services' aka 'Direct Digital' 18 months ago.
                  The sales guy, Adam Rees, was convincing enough at the time but I have since found out that the contract was sneakily set up to make me pay more money than agreed, over a longer period of time than agreed.
                  I've had nothing but dubious paperwork and conversations from these people. They are not to be trusted.
                  Paperwork is lacking, and when it's finally sent to you, it contains small print and unexplained hidden fees. The contract didn't actually state the DD amount that had been worked out by the salesman, so now they are claiming I haven't been paying enough these last 14 months and want to increase my DD to cover the shortfall!
                  If any official body need to get in touch with me for my story to strengthen the case .. please feel free.

Comment

Molly Polly, I've sent you a private message - don't know if you've seen it? Thanks

Comment

It's best to keep everything on the forum PatientDirectScam please - for everyone's protection.
                      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Oh sorry, good point. It was just a short message saying I wanted to get more details on Molly's story for a court case.

Comment

Oh sorry, good point. It was just a short message saying I wanted to get more details on Molly's story for a court case. Do you mean because they could accuse me of sending defamatory messages? Because I'm definitely not doing that. Should I remove my post?

Comment

Nope, it's just forum policy to protect people - Molly doesn't know you from Adam so it would be unwise for her to pass you information on her own case/story privately xxx

(lol, not Adam Rees, although that could be a point too )

What's happening with your case PDS ?
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

This is probably pretty outing as I believe I'm probably the first person they've actually taken to court, but they've filed court paperwork against me and we have a hearing date. I've got some good evidence so far but I'd really like to get more statements to help my case. Until this issue I've never had any problems with the law so finding this a bit annoying. I also have a tendency to get obsessed with issues so I'm spending a disproportionate amount of time on my counterclaim!

Comment

Nothing wrong with obsession, it’s better than head in sand Just be careful you don’t get too bogged down in minutae when it should be a simple misrep , unfair contract and lack of service defence. Â*What are you counterclaiming for ?Â*
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X