• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCA Publication from OFT - full report

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PCA Publication from OFT - full report

The Cruickshank report
    http://www.hm-treasury.gov.uk/Docume...eviewfinal.cfm

and

Personal current account banking services in Northern Ireland market investigation, Competition Commission, May 2007.
    http://www.competition-commission.or...l_findings.pdf

Comment

Original Message -----
      To: gover.james@oft.gov.uk
      Sent: Wednesday, July 30, 2008 6:24 AM
      Subject: Consultation

Dear Mr James

Thank you for your letter of 28 July.

Our group, Legal Beagles, would be very pleased to participate in the consultation .

In order that we can make a useful and meaningful contribution, we would be grateful if you could outline the what the process entails and in what format an initial submission should be made.

Kind regards

EXC

Comment

I'll give you my thoughts on this later but it looks good.

Jul 30, 2008 04:28:33 AM, Gover.James@oft.gsi.gov.uk wrote:

Mr Spooner

Thank you for this. The basic process is that we are consulting on the Report and its findings until the end of October. We should be quite to accept to written views in any form consultees consider appropriate on the report itself, but we need to know whether you agree or disagree with its findings, and, either way, why you share or do not share our conclusions, and your thoughts on what might be done to remedy the position if you believe there is a position to be remedied. If you do not believe there is a problem, it would equally be helpful to know your reasons for that view. There is no particular preferred format for a submission: just whatever suits the purpose best and most effectively tells us what you think.

We shall then collate all the views put to us over the next three months and publish a further report, probably early in 2009. We do not yet know, of course, what that report might say and what conclusions it might reach: that will depend on what happens in the next few months. The options, very broadly, are, I suppose, that we might agree with the industry and consumer groups that there are issues that need resolving, which may or may not be those we have set out in the report, and, if so, we may be able to reach agreement on how the problem(s) could be remedied. If so, we shall set out in the next report how we believe that can be done, and within what sort of timeframe. If we cannot agree, first, that there are issues, or, secondly, if we agree that there is are but we cannot agree on the way forward to resolve them, we shall have to consider other options. There may be a range of those, culminating in a reference to the Competition Commission. That is, though, a very long off and we have every hope that we can reach a negotiated settlement well before we get to that point.

I hope that is helpful. please do contact me again if I can be of further help.

Gover James

Comment

Jolly Good
          Response and consultation to OFT PCA Report - Legal Beagles

also from what RBS have said the banks are all joining together to discuss their response as an industry.

(hello competition commission)
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
            Sent: 28 July 2008 16:53
            To: Kate Farrow
            Subject: Re: PCA

Kate

Many thanks for that. Problem is my economy model brain can't quite grasp what your saying! I'd be really grateful if you could make it easier to understand.

Also, I understand you will be writing to the banks this week with your views on fairness, can you tell me at what point in the proceedings will the OFT's initial view - ie if the relevant charges are indeed unfair - be made public? We were expecting your initial view in the PCA press release of 16 July.

As ever, many thanks.

Nick

I think they got the message.

She is the very essence of dimplomacy.

----- Original Message -----
            To: Nick Spooner
            Sent: Wednesday, July 30, 2008 1:25 PM
            Subject: RE: PCA

Hi Nick

I've made the team aware of your views.

Kate

Comment

Penalty Charges will almost certainly be making a contribution to the consultation. I'm still waiting to hear back from MSE though. I am very tight for time over the next 10 days so won't be doing much work on ours for a bit but we do have until the and of October.

Comment

MSE Wendy said they won't be making a submission

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X