• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Breast cancer charity walk 2012

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breast cancer charity walk 2012

Hi Guys

I know this is way short notice but I am just about to go off and do a 10-mile walk for Breast Cancer in the beautiful grounds of Blenheim Palace.

I am trying to reach a target of £500 in sponsorship and am on my way to doing that.

If anyone would like to help me in this wonderful cause please visit my JustGiving page http://www.justgiving.com/Jackie-Day and help me reach my target.

Breast cancer (in fact any cancer) is random and non-discretionary - it can hit any of us at any time, any age. We have a greater chance of getting cancer than winning the lottery (especially if you don't do the lottery LOL! - sorry, have to bring a little humour into this).

As many of you know and many who don't I was struck down two years ago and have come through the other end (as others on the site have) and I would just like to give a little back to help in the fight against this awful disease.

Thank you in advance if you are able to help.

God bless
    jaxx
    Tags: None

Re: Breast cancer charity walk 2012

Done, had a bit o trouble as usual remembering me account details but got there in the end.
    Very best of luck with your run, you are a lot braver than me.
    Best Wishes Enaid x

Comment

Donated, well done to you hun x

Comment

Donated---Best Wishes Jax

So so nice to see you again at York

Turbs & Mo xx

Comment

Donated- Well done to you Jax.
          Loxy xx

Comment

Jax - it looks like you're getting a good response.

I'm gonna be a real barsteward here, and pledge nowt more than a quid. Sounds like $h1te, I know, but I'm REALLY on my uppers.

"Down on our luck" means different things to different peeps, though. I'm short of cash, but I'm b100dy rich in other respects. The big bad C is stalking all of us, and I have prostate and bowel to address - for my sins in being of the male persuasion over 50.

Please accept my measly quid, and I hope and pray that I myself won't need it. Better it went to someone who does. So far....so good....

DO that walk, Jax - and let's all count our blessings on the way.

XXX

Comment

Two very dear friends of mine were taken by breast cancer, so I am happy to donate. It may not be much, but together with other donations it can do a lot of good. Well done and I hope you achieve you goal.

BB
              Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well managed the walk - so no refunds LOL!!!

Found it bit tougher than I expected but no blisters and no aches so I must be fitter than I thought!! Was flagging somewhat at 8 miles but got there in the end. Special thanks to Grace and Amy (one very dear friend and my daughter-in-law) who walked with me and kept me going to the end!!!!

I would just like to take this opportunity to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart for all their support one way or another through all of this. This site and its members have been wonderful and it's so comforting to know you are not alone in all this!

Not quite out of the woods yet - got to get me matching pair later this year. And we all know what we get for a matching pair ............. !!

I know these donations will help the charities further their research into this awful disease and hope that in time they will find an absolute cure so that at least our children might face a brighter future.

God Bless you all and thank you again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xx

jaxx

Comment

Well done Jax yer little star xxxxxxxxx

Comment

Heyyy Bill - I'm grateful for whatever anyone can do to help so I thank you!

And next time you're in Starbucks don't forget to get a coffee-based caramel frappucino with cream (but little ice!) - it's fab on a hot day.

God bless
                    xx

Comment

Originally posted by enaid View Post
                      Well done Jax yer little star xxxxxxxxx
                      Thanks Di - you outshine me though!!

xx

Comment

Well done indeed, Jax. And thanx for the Starbucks tips !!!

Comment

Well done hun, not only for doing the walk but for your support to me last year when I was struck down with it ((((Hugs)))))

Comment

Well done indeed Jax

See you've got the traditional large white wine in 3rd photo--lol

Turbs & Mo

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X