• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

www.checkmybenefits.co.uk & www.mybenefitschecker.co.uk - Cons?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• www.checkmybenefits.co.uk & www.mybenefitschecker.co.uk - Cons?

Checkmybenefits.co.uk

READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS - THIS IS ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING!
    Tags: None

Re: Con - please do not do this!

a) We are checkmybenefits.co.uk of [address here].
    b) The Applicant/s instructs checkmybenefits.co.uk, to act on his/her behalf in all matters arising out of his/her application for benefit. We, checkmybenefits.co.uk, agree to act for the Applicant/s on the following terms and conditions:-

2. Our Fees
    a) The fee is based on a contingency fee basis, i.e. no win no fee, whereby the applicant will pay nothing if we are unsuccessful in their claim. However, if they are successful, they will pay:
    b) 40 (FOURTY) per cent of the total arrears of benefit payable to the Applicant/s or a minimum charge of £75, whichever is the higher.
    c) Entitlement to payment for checkmybenefits.co.uk under this agreement arises when an award becomes payable, whether that be by way of order, settlement or otherwise arising subsequent to the involvement of checkmybenefits.co.uk
    d) If successful, checkmybenefits.co.uk will send you an invoice with the amount payable. You agree to pay this fee within 7 days. If you do not, then you agree to us adding a late payment charge, at our discretion, every 7 days, of no more than £30 each time, with a maximum of 4 late payment charges.

Where mybenefitschecker.co.uk has contracted for a joint claim, the liability for payment falls on both parties involved in the claim, i.e. all applicants are liable for the payment.

3. Disbursements
    From time to time it may be necessary for certain disbursements to be paid to various organisations, for example to get a medical report.
    a) The applicant/s authorise(s) checkmybenefits.co.uk to access these records and pay this disbursement(s) on their behalf. Checkmybenefits.co.uk will not charge the applicant/s for these disbursements should the claim be unsuccessful, as long as section 4 has been fulfilled.
    b) Should the claim be successful, then checkmybenefits.co.uk reserves the right to charge for any disbursements that checkmybenefits.co.uk has paid for, and the applicant/s authorise checkmybenefits.co.uk to add any disbursements to the contingency fee invoice.
    c) Checkmybenefits.co.uk will however always endeavour get the applicant/s agreement to disbursement charges before they are incurred.
    d) Should the claim be unsuccessful, then checkmybenefits.co.uk will bear the cost of all disbursements, at no cost to the applicant/s.

4. The applicant/s - What checkmybenefits.co.uk expects from you
    a) To provide us promptly with all relevant documentation and information that we request from you in order for us to process your application as efficiently as possible.
    b) To be co-operative with us, in particular, sending us any details whichi may be relevant to your application.
    c) To give us exclusive authority to act on your behalf in terms of processing your application, as well as corresponding and negotiating on your behalf in relation to all aspects of your application.
    d) To read and make sure you understand and agree with all of our terms and conditions before signing them, thus making yourself legally bound by them.
    e) To act confidentially on the systems we use to process your application as well as how we act on your behalf.
    f) Not to contact or discuss your claim with the DWP, Tribunals Service or any other body connected to your application without contacting us first.
    g) Inform us immediately of any medical examinations or decisions on your claim. There are certain deadlines for certain forms and it is important that these are not missed. If a deadline is missed through your own negligence in not informing us of a decision on your claim then we reserve the right to invoice you for the work that we have done at a rate of £75 per hour or our minimum fee of £75, whichever is higher. As you have given exclusive authority to us to act on your behalf, we reserve the right to ask all relevant bodies of the decision on your application if you do not inform us yourself.
    h) Once you have signed the contract you will remain in it until we consider that the work on your application is completed, which will come about through a successful or unsuccesful decision notice. The contract will run until there is a final decision on your application, which may not be until after an appeals process.

5. General Ts & Cs
    a) Failure to comply with the terms and conditions of the contract may be viewed by checkmybenefits.co.uk as a breach of contract. In this instance, we reserve the right to invoice you for disbursements and fees subject to part 2d. Fees will incorporate the amount of work already done on your claim and will be at a flat rate of £75 per hour.
    b) Where checkmybenefits.co.uk recommends a claim for benefit, completes a claim form for benefit, recommends an appeal, arranges a medical examination or the hearing of an appeal that you then fail or refuse to submit to the appropriate authority, or refuse or fail to attend without good reason or due notice, checkmybenefits.co.uk reserves the right to invoice you for the work already done on this application, at no more than £75 per hour.
    c) If the Applicant denies that benefit has been awarded, confirmation of a decision by the DWP, verbal or otherwise, shall, for the purposes of this agreement, be treated as proof of an award of benefit. Under these circumstances checkmybenefits.co.uk shall be entitled to calculate the arrears of benefit to determine the fee payable under this agreement.
    d) This contract has been entered into on a no-win no-fee basis (contingency fee agreement) and checkmybenefits.co.uk has no prior knowledge of how or where the claim is likely to end up. As a result of this, we reserve the right to cancel this contract at any time. You are entitled to a cooling off period where you cancel the agreement within 14 days of signing - please see section 6 below. This agreement shall last for the duration of the claim and any subsequent appeal, including an appeal to any Tribunal.
    e) It is your own responsibility to ensure that payment reaches your account from the relevant body upon a successful claim, this is not the responsibility of checkmybenefits.co.uk.
    f) Any service you receive from checkmybenefits.co.uk will be confidential and impartial. We will never enter in to any agreement with a third party without your consent being obtained.
    g) We operate a complaints procedure and if you have any problems with the service you should contact our office. To comply with Data Protection Regulations we will only retain documents relating to your claim until your claim is completed and your invoice has been paid.

5. Cancellation
    a) 1.You are also entitled to a 'cooling off' period, which ends 14 days after you sign this agreement. Cancellation must be by letter, fax, or email. Should the 'form-filling' process commence before the end of this 'cooling-off' period, this will be deemed you are happy with the agreement and terms and conditions, and have waived the right to this 'cooling-off' period.
    "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

b) 40 (FOURTY) per cent of the total arrears of benefit payable to the Applicant/s or a minimum charge of £75, whichever is the higher.

I'd be pretty concerned that the person CHECKING my benefits doesn't know how to spell the word FORTY for goodness sake?!!!
      Last edited by Celestine; 8th May 2012, 21:44:PM.
      "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Having got my hair off about this, I should say that one of the best places to have your benefits checked, or to get help applying for them free of charge is CAB.

Comment

Where mybenefitschecker.co.uk has contracted for a joint claim, the liability for payment falls on both parties involved in the claim, i.e. all applicants are liable for the payment.

where do they come into the equation?
          If Knowledge is Power . . . . . . .Then I Could Easily Light an L.E.D

Comment

Is there any reason to suppose that Daniel XXXXXX (for it is he) has registered his claims management company with the Ministry of Injustice?
            Last edited by Celestine; 10th May 2012, 08:52:AM. Reason: showing a bit of compassion

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	benefits.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	1155204
              Dear checkmybenefits.co.uk

Considering you offer a 'demi-financial' service to check benefits, I think potential customers would be reassured if that company could spell the word FORTY (as in forty thieves ) correctly.
              I hope you do a very good job for your potential customers because now your name is on our website, anyone experiencing 'difficulties' will find legal assistance very swiftly.
              The Citizens Advice Bureau provide a very similar service FOR FREE. FORTY % seems rather steep?

Pip pip

Celestine - Legal Beagles - Guarding your Consumer Rights
              Last edited by Celestine; 7th May 2012, 22:18:PM.

Comment

Sweetie, i just checked the website, its unavailable..

ooooh you FWIGHTENED him!!! im telling!!! :behindsofa:

what a bloody rip off, surely the easiest way to see if you are entitled to benefits is the way we all do it.. apply and see?!?

Comment

I would question the legality of what the parasite is doing. The regulations allow another person to complete a benefits application for you, as long as they sign and state who they are, but I know of nothing in law that allows the third party to charge for this. CAB are a good one to ask for assistance with benefit applications and so are Disability Information & Advisory Centres (DIAC) if you have one in your local area. As Celestine says, they're free of charge.
                  Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

ROFLMAO !!!! Good result Legal Beagles xxx :beagle:

I guess he's ermm tinkering in the admin panel lol!!

I think that's called a FAIL!!!!!!
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	LOL.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	1155205

Comment

Here's another one for you to sort out Cel.

http://www.mybenefitschecker.co.uk/terms.html

They want 50% with a Min of £100

CJ

Comment

When I clicked that link Calamity, I noticed the address was Crown Buildings Luton Street Keighley West Yorkshire BD21 2LE - Google Search

A quick Google, revealed none other that our Legal Beagle favourite. Mr Darren Vause!!

I was called today 01535 358094

This chap is very busy :tinysmile_aha_t:

Comment

Re: Con - please do not do this! www.checkmybenefits.co.uk

This will no doubt become the next rip off from so called CMCs if it is not nipped in the bud. This can only be blamed on the stupid and very complex Tax Credit system and the fact it has now become unavailable to lots of people who were very dependent on it. I personally have never understood it I can not get my head around taking tax and then giving it back the way this is done.
                          I think these companies would probably get benefits for folk and take their fee, I doubt they would be there though when the peoples circumstances change and benefits are no longer eligible or the peopel keep claiming as they think is ok to do and then get done for benefit fraud.

Comment

Enaid, you make the assumption they are going to put in the correct information in the first place. If they are capable of doing this, I would think they're capable of bending the truth (otherwise known as lying) in order to get you benefits in the first place to which you may not really be eligible.

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
                              Enaid, you make the assumption they are going to put in the correct information in the first place. If they are capable of doing this, I would think they're capable of bending the truth (otherwise known as lying) in order to get you benefits in the first place to which you may not really be eligible.
                              Exactly, I am not assuming for one minute they will forward the correct information lol they will put forward the information that will get them their fee and then the consequences whatever they may be left up to the claimant.
                              Would be interesting maybe to find someone who has used a company like this and have it all verified by the DWP or CAB or even get someone to give identical info to a company and the cab and see what comes to fruit.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X