• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Acting as agents... What does that mean?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Acting as agents... What does that mean?

"God i loving being a legal beagle"

So do I teaboy

Sparkie

Comment

Oh this is soooo exciting!

Can't get to sleep now and I've got to be up at 6 in the morning too. Must try harder... laptop OFF.

Goodnight Sparkie, goodnight Teaboy
      ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
      Oh if you're still up could you investigate these two as well.

Hamptons Legal
      Howard Cohen & Co Solicitors

Thank you and goodnight... again
      Last edited by foxyred; 1st April 2012, 23:46:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by foxyred View Post
        Oh this is soooo exciting!

Can't get to sleep now and I've got to be up at 6 in the morning too. Must try harder... laptop OFF.

Goodnight Sparkie, goodnight Teaboy
        ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
        Oh if you're still up could you investigate these two as well.

Hamptons Legal
        Howard Cohen & Co Solicitors

Thank you and goodnight... again
        Good night Foxy

will have a look at the other two in the morning, they are also well known to us here too.
        Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkie1723 View Post
          Hi teaboy

If they had applied for a CCA licence it would show up as a new application on the register and the date it was applied for .it would show as "Open" until a licence was issued. ........Gone about it in the right way they can be struck off the Law Society public Register ...action taken against the principal partner charged by the ICO under section 55 of the DPA ......and never be able to hold a CCA licence.

PS
          After thought anyone who has been harrassed and suffered at their hands could sue them

Sparkie
          That's not how it worked with mine Sparkie. My CCL just didn't show at all until the day it was active. On the application I had to list ALL trading names. If I wanted to add any, I could, but would have to notify the OFT, and wouldn't be able to use any new name until it had all been processed. The site is kept meticously up to date for new licences. It is VERY VERY slow at removing surrendered licences.

Comment

I've only just come into this, and can't read threads properly on my phone, but be careful to read the exemptions for the ICO as well. I don't have to register with them, though I exceed their requirements. Organisations have, in the past, tried to stir up trouble by reporting me for this - the CAB being one of them, and they really ought to know the regulations.

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
              I've only just come into this, and can't read threads properly on my phone, but be careful to read the exemptions for the ICO as well. I don't have to register with them, though I exceed their requirements. Organisations have, in the past, tried to stir up trouble by reporting me for this - the CAB being one of them, and they really ought to know the regulations.

Taken from http://www.ico.gov.uk/for_organisati...ification.aspx Useful Items/A brief guide to notification

Some data controllers do not need to notify. By working through questions 1-9
              you will be able to determine whether notification is required. The sequence of
              questions is such that if there is no possibility of an exemption for you, this will
              be made clear very quickly.
              Exemptions are possible for the following:
              • Data controllers who only process personal information for:
              - staff administration (including payroll);
              - advertising, marketing and public relations (in connection with their own
              business activity); and
              - accounts and records.
              • Some not-for-profit organisations.
              • Processing personal information for personal, family or household affairs
              (including recreational purposes).
              • Maintenance of a public register.
              • Processing personal information for judicial functions.
              • Processing personal information without an automated system such
              as a computer.

If you are exempt
              Data controllers who are exempt from notification must still
              comply with the other provisions of the Act.
              CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
              Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
              gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
              The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Thanks Chaz!

I come under Not for Profit. I actually phoned as you can register voluntarily for £40. The ICO said don't bother, put the money into your charity, so that's what I did.

Comment

Morning
                  All solicitors have to be notified to the ICO.
                  All solicitors are exempt from certain data processing.....that is to say anything that is legally privileged.
                  Such as letters to and from clients.... instructions etc etc.....anything that will not be actually used in Court proceedings........as long as that correspondence refers to you as " The Claimant" or "Defendant"..................if any of that includes your name or any information from which you can be recognised...................... it is not exempt data.

That is why anyone who SAR's a solicitor.................. the solictor will try to hide behind the Legal Privilege exemption.
                  I have been studying the DPA for 10 years or more now.....learnt a lot but still a lot more to learn about it.......if I have a problem .........I contact my MP .......he was on the select committe that drafted the initial DPA along with the first Information Commissioner Elizabeth France.

Hidden away in the Legal Guidance Book I have managed to get my hands on.....is that The Fourth Principle is the ONLY Principal under which you can claim compensation for DAMAGE.........damage under the DPA does not mean actual percuniary loss.........it means damage to your credit status , character and/or social standing.....its as close to Defamation as you can get..

Some may disagree and have other opinions and views but ...Hey!! that's what this site is about ........discussion and listening to other peoples views...........that way we can really get things right.
                  Sparkie

Comment

Certainly agree about the Fourth Principle having used it myself! As you say, it is about damage to your character, and you have to be able to prove that, eg, your standing in the community and other peoples' views of that standing have changed for the worse in order to be able to claim.

Solicitors, perhaps unsurprisingly, are not the only people who will try to hide behind legal privilege.

I still have not read the thread as I find it almost impossible when using my phone to surf the net, so am looking forward to getting a picture of the entire thread once I get access to my laptop.

Comment

The court uses the Three Rivers District Council v Bank of England (No. 5) test to determine the definition of 'client'.

Some recent info on privilege here http://www.ashurst.com/publication-i...d_Content=7472
                      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                      gets his brain a-going.
                      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hi

Teaboy did you manage to have a look at Hamptons and Howard Cohen for me. Or if anyone could tell me where I should be looking and actually what I should be looking for I could investigate myself. Thanks

Comment

Hi

Teaboy did you manage to have a look at Hamptons and Howard Cohen for me. Or if anyone could tell me where I should be looking and actually what I should be looking for I could investigate myself. Thanks
                          Hi Foxy

Am afraid i didn't get chance to today.

If you want to look yourself heres the websites for companies house and the credit license register.

Check companies house to find their company number and registered name and address, then use either the company number, company name or post code to see if they have a license on the public register.

Companies house webcheck - WebCHeck - Select and Access Company Information - Link doesn't work try this one and click webcheck under first result on page - companies house - Google Search

Credit license public database - Public Register
                          (Click CCA search on the right hand menu)

By the way Hamptons legal is part of Lowells group and they do have a credit license (though passing themselves of as solicitors is a no no, so if they are doing that report them):

Application / Licence Details

Licence Number:0528607
                          Licence Status:Current

Current Applicant / Licensee:

Business NameCompany Registration Number Lowell Financial Ltd4558936

Categories:

Consumer credit Consumer hire Credit brokerage Credit reference agency Debt adjusting/counselling Debt collecting

Right To Canvass Off Trade Premises:No

Trading Name(s) (Current):

Hamptons Hamptons Legal iDebt Financial Solutions Look4Ward Finance Lowell Group Red Debt Collection Services

Issued Date: 19-Dec-2002
                          Expiry Date: 18-Dec-2012

Legal Formation:

Body Corporate (incorporated inside UK)

Current Individuals that run the organisation:

NamePosition Andrew Bartle Chris Saies James Cornell Joyce Newman Phillip Screeton Richard Llewellyn Davies

Historic Individuals that run the organisation:

NamePosition Andrew Paul BartleOFFICER Christopher SaledOFFICER James ColnellOFFICER Tracey Helen BartleOFFICER

Nature of Business:

Debt Collection Other

Current Address(es):

Address TypeAddress CorrespondenceEnterprise House, 1, Apex View, LEEDS, LS11 9BH, United Kingdom Principal Place Of BusinessEnterprise House, 1, Apex View, LEEDS, LS11 9BH, United Kingdom Registered OfficeEnterprise House, 1, Apex View, LEEDS, LS11 9BH, United Kingdom

Historic Address(es):

Address TypeAddress Principal Place Of BusinessEnterprise House 1, Apex View, Leeds, LS11 9BH Principal Place Of BusinessProtection House 83, Bradford Road, Stanningley, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS28 6AT Registered OfficeEnterprise House 1, Apex View, Leeds, LS11 9BH Registered OfficeSuite 1, 5th Floor, Acre House, Sale, Manchester, M33 7WZ
                          No as for Howard Cohens Solicitors, this is a mystery as it would appear they were called Howard Cohens LLP which is a dormat company. Yet on their website they appear to be part of the Cohen Cramer company so you need to be searching Cohen Cramer:

Company Details

Name & Registered Office:
                          HOWARD COHEN LLP
                          29 PARK SQUARE
                          LEEDS
                          WEST YORKSHIRE
                          LS1 2PQ
                          Company No. OC329555

Date of Incorporation: 04/07/2007

Country of Origin: United Kingdom
                          Company Type: Limited Liability Partnership
                          Nature of Business (SIC):
                          None Supplied
                          Accounting Reference Date: 31/07
                          Last Accounts Made Up To: 31/07/2008 (DORMANT)
                          Next Accounts Due:
                          Last Return Made Up To:
                          Next Return Due:
                          Previous Names: Date of change Previous Name 26/10/2007 COHEN'S SOLICITORS LLP
                          Last edited by teaboy2; 2nd April 2012, 21:39:PM.
                          Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

Comment

Hi

Comment

Hi

See my last post - I can not find anything in regards to Cohen Cramer who are howard cohen.

Comment

My goodness why has my question appeared so many times? I only asked it once...confused!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X