• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PPI - Abbey Credit Card

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPI - Abbey Credit Card

Hello
    My elderly mother had a credit card some months ago with Abbey National. she believes she had paid PP on this card, but not entirely sure

Is it worth asking?
    Tags: None

Re: PPI - Abbey Credit Card

Originally posted by Flangies View Post
    Hello
    My elderly mother had a credit card some months ago with Abbey National. she believes she had paid PP on this card, but not entirely sure

Is it worth asking?

Hi there

Yes it could be worth checking it out, does your mother have any statements for this credit card hanging around somewhere? Statements should include details of any insurance included.

And also depending on your mother's age, and if she was sold PPI, its unlikely she would have been protected, or not fully protected as such.

Comment

yes she has statements, I will have a look at it for her, you say it states it on her bills?
      What would it say? would it say PPI??

She is 75 and has recentyl had her credit card bill paid off via citizens advice

THanks for your help

Comment

yes she has statements, I will have a look at it for her, you say it states it on her bills?
        What would it say? would it say PPI??

She is 75 and has recentyl had her credit card bill paid off via citizens advice

THanks for your help

Your very welcome.

Yes it should show as either Payment Insurance, Payment Protection or in another way but still insurance.

In my opinion, your mother has a good case due to her age, so if you find that she was paying for PPI, get a complaint/reclaim in.
        Any idea how long it was when she taken out the credit card?

Comment

hello

Roughly 4/5 years ago, but I am going to look at her paperwork on wednesday when I next visit

I will keep you posted, are you happy to help me any further should I need it?

Also one more question, my partner had PPI insurance running along side his mortgage some 8/9 years ago, before he cancelled it.
          He no longer has a mortgage with HSBC - is he still entitled to claim this back and what details would he need?

THanks again for your help/advice in advance

Comment

hello

Roughly 4/5 years ago, but I am going to look at her paperwork on wednesday when I next visit

I will keep you posted, are you happy to help me any further should I need it?

Also one more question, my partner had PPI insurance running along side his mortgage some 8/9 years ago, before he cancelled it.
            He no longer has a mortgage with HSBC - is he still entitled to claim this back and what details would he need?

THanks again for your help/advice in advance

Hi
            Yes that is fine, please post up and myself and others here will help you all we can.

In regards of your partner, if the ppi was sold alongside the mortgage of the same lender, he may stand a chance of also making a reclaim on this, even if its cancelled.

Comment

Does your partner still have a copy of the application of the mortgage?

If so, and they added ppi, (as he did not have to have the insurance, the same as the mortgage lender's product) and should have been able to find his own, maybe he could have had it cheaper.

The application form will also enclose details of the PPI, this is proof.

Comment

Hi There

My partner may only have his account number of his mortgage with HSBC and possibly not any original paperwork, but he knows he definitly did sign up for PPI, are we able to write a letter with just his account number and dates he had it etc?

Re: my other; I have checked pne of her credit card statemants-but cnnot see any mention of PPI on it at all! does this mean she didnt have it?

Where to go from here?

Help appreciated

x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X